Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Targeted Bonus: Triple Points (60+) Per Dollar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Platinum

If you received the targeted email, earn 60 (20 x 3) base points per dollar. Combined with the 30,000 points for stays of 3 nights or longer, plus any status or credit card bonus, this has the potential to be big.

I've found Country Inn and Suites properties from $62 per night. There's probably cheaper ones out there for a mattress run.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by MilesRemaining
If you received the targeted email, earn 60 (20 x 3) base points per dollar. Combined with the 30,000 points for stays of 3 nights or longer, plus any status or credit card bonus, this has the potential to be big.

I've found Country Inn and Suites properties from $62 per night. There's probably cheaper ones out there for a mattress run.

Just saw this in my email. Quite a tempting offer.

You get triple points on cash part of (cash + points) rate too, right?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Just saw this in my email. Quite a tempting offer.

You get triple points on cash part of (cash + points) rate too, right?
I assume so, you would normally earn 20 base points on the Cash portion of P&C reservations and the T&C's don't disallow it.

The T&C's on the 30,000 point bonus for 3 nights (or 15k for 2 nights) don't allow P&C's though, which makes this promotion significantly less attractive.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:51 pm

Has anyone who hasn't received the email tried to call to ask for the promotion on their account? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I was targeted for this and the additional 10k for Extend Your Stay promo, doing a mattress run for this at a $67 per night. Should rack in ~55k CC points, plus 5% back through mrrebates and credit card spend.

Also keep in mind the MEGAPTS offer for another 10k per night at select hotels. I am not near any but if you are could be very lucrative.
http://www.clubcarlson.com/megapoints
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:34 pm

I got this email this morning. Coincidentally I had a 3 day stay booked from today - Thursday for a grand total of a little over $400. I should clear about 57,000 points for this stay. Not bad!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I also was targeted for this offer and it overlaps with 30K offer, so really nice. I am concierge and do stay a lot at CI&S for work, so have no idea why I was targeted, but will take advantage of it.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by MilesRemaining
I assume so, you would normally earn 20 base points on the Cash portion of P&C reservations and the T&C's don't disallow it.

The T&C's on the 30,000 point bonus for 3 nights (or 15k for 2 nights) don't allow P&C's though, which makes this promotion significantly less attractive.
Ah yes, I forgot C+P doesn't qualify for 30K. Thanks ^
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:17 am

Is there a way to make the targeted email happen? My Carlson account has only been open 3 months so far, and no email yet. I'd like to build more points for summer travel. TIA
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So you who reported here getting the targeted offer, you are Gold/Concierge. I wonder how many nights you are running this year, if that matters.
I'm Gold and not targetted (yet), only 2 stays so far this year
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
I was targeted, CC Gold with only 2 stays and 3 nights this year.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by FFlash
So you who reported here getting the targeted offer, you are Gold/Concierge. I wonder how many nights you are running this year, if that matters.
I'm Gold and not targetted (yet), only 2 stays so far this year
I stay a lot at ClubCarl. I easily make concierge. Paid for business and then have a lot of redemptions. Got Targeted as a Concierge.

My other family members had just a handful of redemption's all last year, no paid stays. Gold. We all have the credit card.

We all got the email, so very random.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:34 am

I got the offer. Brand new Gold through CC. One stay at the end of 2014. Nothing else even booked at the moment.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:47 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Just checked my email and I did indeed receive this offer on March 2. I'm a Carlson Visa holder and earned Concierge level member with 12 nights and 5 stays so far this year.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Just speculating here, it seems only those members with account addresses in the US received this targeted email. Do we have any report of members with non-US addresses getting the email?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.