Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Aruba to become Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Radisson Aruba to become Hilton

We are here now and all the talk, from longtime guest and employees, is that Hilton will take over in March. The hotel will close for two weeks for the switch over and then they will rotate closing the various building for renovations. This is NOT official but comes from several sources here that seem to know what they are talking about
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:07 am

Can't believe this, since I can make bookings for stays in July via ClubCarlson.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:24 pm

The hotel is up for sale but as of a week ago nobody has bought it so I am sure there will be no change anytime real soon.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:38 am

From Facebook:
Radisson Aruba Resort Hi Lisa, the hotel is indeed in the process of being sold but the sale has not been finalized at this stage. There is also no news in regards to any renovations at this point. Your reservation is secured and should not be affected - the beautiful beaches, our gardens and our staff will all be here to make your stay a memorable one. See you in July!

I called the property last night and was told it was sold, and should be final in two weeks. The girl said she believes Hilton. Get your bookings in if you want to use CC points. They should honor all bookings. Sadly only open till Dec 31.

It may be nice to be hilton if you have citi cc and gold as you can get free meal, or possible lounge access. Not getting that now with gold carlson.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:40 am

that was from Feb 26
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:15 pm

I just book a few nights at the end of this month using points before its too late.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:58 pm

If true, I hope Hilton will honor CC point stays that are already booked.

What are the odds I can stay using my CC points and then use my Hilton status to try and get the free breakfast?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:44 am

I would think they are going to honor them. I am hoping that Hilton status can be used as well. I wish they would open up dates next year to use CC points first as we would like to get another week next year.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:30 am

Do they have a right to not honor the reservation. Can a new owner cancel a reservation because they don't like the rate set by the prior owner?

Edit: Just got a message from hotel: All existing reserations are secured and will be honored.

More positive than the response to Lisa above

Last edited by cooperhs; Mar 5, 2015 at 11:53 am Reason: update
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:35 pm

I just checked today and now it's bookable into 2016.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by jillyc250
I just checked today and now it's bookable into 2016.
I wonder if you book on point for 2016 if they win honor it. I saw people post that will will only honor through the end of the year..
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:07 pm

What a shame. First CC sold the Radisson St Martin and now Aruba.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:19 pm

any updates on this?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by wahhutch9
any updates on this?
From their Facebook page in response to someone's question about the status on April 10. FWIW:

"Hi Steve, unfortunately there are no updates in regards to the sale at this moment. However, it is our understanding that all reservations will be honored. We're sure that the new owners will make an official announcement once the sale has been completed. We understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience that this situation has caused to you. Sunny regards from the Radisson Aruba."
Old May 22, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Club Carlson email support is either very coy, or is about as helpful as we always suspected they would be.

In response to a query about the Radisson Aruba being sold, they stated:

"Thank you for contacting Radisson Corporate Customer Service. We do not
have any information regarding a pending change for Aruba Radisson.

Inquires of this nature please contact the hotel directly."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.