Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is the 85k pt CC visa card still the card to get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

I've been reading some mixed reviews about this card, especially by those angry they got a "lower" version of this card (50k card). I am interested in applying for the 85k card but concerned about getting hit with the 50k version. Has there been any new updates about this card? Is it still worth applying for?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:45 am

Business version

I have the small business version which has a $60 annual fee, rather than the $75 for the personal card. The card awards $40k points annually on the anniversary date, and is a keeper for me. I like the second night free feature the best!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by doss1
I've been reading some mixed reviews about this card, especially by those angry they got a "lower" version of this card (50k card). I am interested in applying for the 85k card but concerned about getting hit with the 50k version. Has there been any new updates about this card? Is it still worth applying for?
I am one of the ones who got the lesser card. If you end up with that, you can call after 6 months and ask for them to bump you up to the better card. I did that and am now a CC gold, which means I qualify for the 241 rates and all the other gold benes. And I will get the 40k bonus next year.

Still hate that they bait and switched me (email said I was approved for gold, actual card and letter was the lesser version) out of several thousand points, but the annual bonus, status and free night is worth keeping the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.