Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Disappointing experience at Radisson Blu Scandinavia, Copenhagen.

Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Carlson, IHG Gold

Hi there,

Long time lurker, who mainly signed up for the BA Executive club forum as I recently moved into a role which involves a lot of travel... But I was looking through the other forums and saw this forum which reminded me I had a CC account with a moderate amount of points in after I stayed a long time at the Cardiff RB some time ago.

Anyways, I visited Copenhagen last week, and stayed at the Scandinavia, I didn't make the booking through my CC account, which was a waste in hindsight, but some body in the office made the booking for me, and made it through Last Minute!??

I had a really terrible check in experience, and then I was sent to a bedroom that contained no bed, and had to come back down again to sort out a new room. So I wanted to speak to customer services about my experience, especially as I have stayed at the hotel on previous visits to CPH and had a fine time, and would like to stay with them again...

Would anyone here know the best route for this, or have the correct email address... I looked on the CC website, but found it confusing.

Thanks for any help,
Pete
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: Club Carlson
Sorry to hear that, it is one of my favorite hotels to stay at.

You can e-mail Club Carlson directly on [email protected] and they will open a case to look into it for you.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
A bedroom with no bed is certainly something I have never come across yet, or heard of before... congratulations on this "first"...; )
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

Amazing. No bed. Really? Lets all prat they usually assign this room to the people with no status
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
A room with no bed?

Normally this is a very good hotel. I think you have been extremely unlucky.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I recently had a stay in this hotel. I chose this hotel for an event elsewhere because they participate in 10k promo. Advance purchase points posted automatically. I still fight for food charges and 10k bonus.

I had to wait ~15 minutes to check in. Only 2 stations worked, it was a busy evening. As I had plenty of time, I prepared CC Concierge card, ID and credit card in advance. "Your card is in the system" was the only elite recognition I got. Room was on 22nd floor. Basic room, nothing special. No business class room, no Nespresso, no free movies. Am I spoiled by other European Radissons? I got one 0.25l bottle of apple juice per stay and free breakfast both days. Outside noise was bothersome with windows closed. Internet was good.

There's one particular reason to come back to this Radisson. The Thai restaurant The Blue Elephant. It is absolutely great! Authentic Thai food, one of the very best outside the Kingdom. Very kind staff, well organized, fresh food, real Thai spices and Singha beer.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: Club Carlson
I have had 100+ stays at this hotel and I keep coming back because of the good experiences.

For gold they will provide "room upgrade within same class" ie better view.
For Concierge they typically provide a nice card in the room, fresh fruit platter cut up into pieces and a juice. I typically also get upgraded to a junior suite.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by haslund
I have had 100+ stays at this hotel and I keep coming back because of the good experiences.

For gold they will provide "room upgrade within same class" ie better view.
For Concierge they typically provide a nice card in the room, fresh fruit platter cut up into pieces and a juice. I typically also get upgraded to a junior suite.
I had a nice 3 night stay. Booked Points, as concierge received a 2 room suite, high floor. Free upgrade and welcome card with water and chocoaltes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.