Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does purchasing CC points extend expiration of account?

Does purchasing CC points extend expiration of account?

Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
We lost a bundle of points in a family member's account, but the account's still open. They did notify the account's email that the expiry was approaching, but it was an email and account that's not used often. My main reason for this post is that, w/r/t the word "can," there was no recourse. Gone. Very upsetting, but our own darn fault.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does the annual 40k from the US Bank Visa extend the points expiration?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
Originally Posted by frudd38
not sure, but booking an award night, then cancelling it a few days later, does create the necessary activity to prevent expiry, though take care to book a refundable award night unless u intend to use the room. the club carlson telephone helpline even suggested this method to me a couple of years ago. try ringing the toll-free helpline for definitive confirmation that this policy still applies.

Originally Posted by enabler
You can also book an award reservation and then cancel it. Just be sure to double check the cancellation policy. That counts as spending activity.
ian.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
I was told by a Club Carlson agent that it does, but I have no evidence to prove she was right.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:57 pm

Has anyone done the cancel a reward night to create activity and extend the expiration date recently?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.