Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Review: Radisson BLU Royal Hotel, Dublin, Rep. of Ireland

Review: Radisson BLU Royal Hotel, Dublin, Rep. of Ireland

Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:03 pm

Stayed here for three nights last week with my wife to end our UK/Ireland 11 day trip. Overall this was a great hotel. I booked the room using points for two nights and my free annual night e-cert from US Bank received as a makeup for the change in 2for1 benefit. I was surprised at checkin that my gold status got us an upgrade to a business class room which meant we'd get complimentary breakfast. It's funny because when booking my hotels for the trip I had wanted to get rid of all of my CC points ~200k+ and was torn on whether to use them primarily here or in Edinburgh (ended up with one night at the G&V).

The room was large with a large bathroom. It was clean and had a comfortable bed. The location was a short 10 minute walk to most tourist attractions. Breakfast was pretty good with a large selection of items. You could order omelettes from the cook but we never did that. Front desk staff were helpful. Overall a great place to spend my points and made me reconsider whether I should try to build up any more loyalty to CC, unfortunately I don't think they have any strong properties in the US. Highly recommend this hotel though.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So if Golds do ever end up without an upgrade to a business class room, does the hotel still offer Golds a complimentary breakfast even if the room rate and room type don't include breakfast?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So if Golds do ever end up without an upgrade to a business class room, does the hotel still offer Golds a complimentary breakfast even if the room rate and room type don't include breakfast?
I've had mixed experiences with scenario you describe, thought they did not occur at the RB DUB.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by arollins
I've had mixed experiences with scenario you describe, thought they did not occur at the RB DUB.
Practice indeed varies across Carlson hotels for such situations. Just curious what this property does for such situation -- infrequent as it may be -- where the business class rooms are not available for upgrading a Gold.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I booked a members only rate online at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin. The rate clearly says in big green letters with a check mark - FREE Cancellation! (! included).

However, a couple of days later, my credit card was charge for the entire stay - with the charge indicating "In Person" charge. I was not physically there.

I spoke to Customer Care and they said it was Cancellable, and the CC should not have been charged. I had them call the Hotel direct, and the clerk indicated that they interpret these rates as prepaid, non-Refundable.

It is Saturday, so now Customer Care (based out of Omaha) will have to call back on Monday.

Beware - I would call reservations or hotel direct to book.

Last edited by cova; Oct 8, 2016 at 7:49 am
Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Thank you very much for the review. I stayed here a few years back, I have wanted to return for a weekend but they seem to have stopped offering the weekend extend rate. I've just checked and there is no availability from now until the end of 2017.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They did give us breakfast even though they did not upgrade us at this property. Same at Edinburgh an d Berlin.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:08 pm
alc

Just wondering if we have any recent stay from this year. My family and I will be staying here (rewards booking) for a few nights in the summer. I am not a frequent stay at Club Carlson and hence not sure exactly what I should expect as a Gold member, other than what posted on the Club Carlson web site. Also do want to confirm around the breakfast where when I am entitle to and when I do not as a reward booking. Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by alc
Just wondering if we have any recent stay from this year. My family and I will be staying here (rewards booking) for a few nights in the summer. I am not a frequent stay at Club Carlson and hence not sure exactly what I should expect as a Gold member, other than what posted on the Club Carlson web site. Also do want to confirm around the breakfast where when I am entitle to and when I do not as a reward booking. Thanks.
As a Gold member, you should expect to get the room you booked. Upgrades on award reservations are more subject to the hotel discretion, same as the free breakfast. I would suggest to email the hotel directly to confirm your reservation and remind them that you are a gold member and will hopefully like to have an upgraded room and or free breakfast. Most likely you will get one of them. Personally, I opt for free breakfast rather than the upgrade. Depending on what you feel is more important to you, should be the first thing to ask. Also at check in, show your card as well.

I've noticed that for Carlson, you have to be a bit upfront with your benefits.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:50 am
alc

Originally Posted by arollins
As a Gold member, you should expect to get the room you booked. Upgrades on award reservations are more subject to the hotel discretion, same as the free breakfast. I would suggest to email the hotel directly to confirm your reservation and remind them that you are a gold member and will hopefully like to have an upgraded room and or free breakfast. Most likely you will get one of them. Personally, I opt for free breakfast rather than the upgrade. Depending on what you feel is more important to you, should be the first thing to ask. Also at check in, show your card as well.

I've noticed that for Carlson, you have to be a bit upfront with your benefits.
Thanks for your respond, arollins. Will send the hotel an email ([email protected])

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.