Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Leveraging 2 Club Carlson credit cards (1 business, 1 personal)

Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond

I had signed up for the Club Carlson Business Visa last year and recently signed up for the personal Visa. I had used the same email address and Club Carlson number on the personal visa application, but it turns out a new account was created for me. I just tried to merge the two accounts, and they told me they can't since one is a business account and one is a personal account.

This should be interesting when it comes time for booking back to back two night stays under each of my accounts. Both accounts are legal, and the stays can't be combined as they are under different Club Carlson accounts and funding sources.

I can't be the first person with this situation, is this too good to be true?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I have been looking for data points about this too. Some people have reported making reservations without a problem. I think this will be pretty awesome. The other way I was thinking was using wife's account (when she gets one).
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA,UA,BA,SPG,IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, UR, MR
[QUOTE=mintcilantro;22324055]I have been looking for data points about this too. Some people have reported making reservations without a problem. I think this will be pretty awesome. The other way I was thinking was using wife's account (when she gets one).[/QUOTE

Using the wife's account in conjunction with your own def. works for four nights for the cost of two. Have personally been able to do this. I'm also curious to see if business account in same name would work also as I intend to get one soon.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:04 am

The same thing happened to me when I got both cards and since points can be transferred for free between accounts it seemed to go to be true.

I can confirm it works, and also got confirmation from a Club Carlson rep back in July when I was heading on a trip and had several Radisson Blu stays. It's legal just as long as the two stays are booked by unique account numbers.

Were you able to get approved for both the personal and business cards at the same time? I haven't heard of much success on this.

Originally Posted by littlemookie
I had signed up for the Club Carlson Business Visa last year and recently signed up for the personal Visa. I had used the same email address and Club Carlson number on the personal visa application, but it turns out a new account was created for me. I just tried to merge the two accounts, and they told me they can't since one is a business account and one is a personal account.

This should be interesting when it comes time for booking back to back two night stays under each of my accounts. Both accounts are legal, and the stays can't be combined as they are under different Club Carlson accounts and funding sources.

Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Talking

I applied for the personal visa about 6 months after I had my business visa. Both accounts are under my name (exact spelling and all). It wasn't my intention to open the second visa as a way to beat the system, I even tried to combine the account.

I'm going to have some fun with it though.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:39 am

are freezes of ida/ars really necessary to get approved?

I have very good credit, opened two cards in December.

Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:27 pm

I'm surprised it's not discussed more often that if you have this situation, you can literally string together any even-night long stay by alternative 2-night bookings from the two accounts. I've personally done this several times for stays of 4, 6 and 8 nights. Combined with the ability to manufacture 25k points per $5k spend, and I can have myself a high-end radisson stay for effectively $50/night.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:03 pm

Yes, this works. I actually have my business name (along with my name) in the business club carlson account profile....helps distinguish the two accounts.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

I give it until Friday before a blogger writes a post about this and pushing their referral links.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
I just recently signed up for both the personal and business and was approved. I already had a personal account that the personal card has linked to, but when I try to setup an account for my biz account with the separate Club Carlson #, it gives me an error since the email I signed up with on the application is the same as my old personal account. Any idea on how to fix this?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

I had this issue. I emailed club Carlson customer service and had then change the email address on file for the second account. Once they did that I was able to set up my second account.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
I had this issue. I emailed club Carlson customer service and had then change the email address on file for the second account. Once they did that I was able to set up my second account.
That did the trick. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:31 pm

Quick question here, since my wife and I both have the club carlson visa we are planning on each booking two night (for the cost of one) too have 4 consecutive nights. I understand this won't be an issue since it's two different accounts booking it but my question is does anyone know if my wife goes down to check in for the last two nights of the stay would they allow us to keep the same room? My wife is worried about having to pack everything back up even if it is only to walk down the hall. I told her it's a small price to pay for getting 4 nights for the price of two but she wanted me to see if anyone her knew.

Thank you guys!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Elm83
Quick question here, since my wife and I both have the club carlson visa we are planning on each booking two night (for the cost of one) too have 4 consecutive nights. I understand this won't be an issue since it's two different accounts booking it but my question is does anyone know if my wife goes down to check in for the last two nights of the stay would they allow us to keep the same room? My wife is worried about having to pack everything back up even if it is only to walk down the hall. I told her it's a small price to pay for getting 4 nights for the price of two but she wanted me to see if anyone her knew.

Thank you guys!

When you check-in on day one, you can tell them you have another reservation for day 3 and 4. Most likely (upgrades rec'd on the first reservation can cause issues for the 2nd reservation sometimes) they will just let you stay in the same room and you wouldn't have to move. It shouldn't be a problem.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I have an "interesting" issue I just discovered.
I booked 4 nights (2x2) using personal and business accounts coming up in May. Two different emails and two CC numbers.
initially everything was fine - each reservation sat in its own account.
I just logged in and found that one of the accounts now showing _both_ reservations. The second account still shows only one.
I cannot open the reservation that shows up in both accounts from either of them, getting an error:
Unfortunately reservation xxxxxx does not match your Club Carlson profile and cannot be viewed or modified.

I am wondering if overzealous stuff at hotel somehow "fixed" the issue for me? I contacted them about some other services, to which they never actually replied with useful info, but they did mention that they see 4-night stay.

I havent been charged more points than at original charge, no cancellations were received.

Is it worth:
contacting CC to figure out what is wrong? I am very uneasy about doing it.
contacting hotel? most likely they wont do anything.
leaving it as is? risking that I will have issues when I arrive
cancelling the duplicated reservation and booking a new one? same thing could happen again.

any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.