FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   CC visa annual 40000 points bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1544112-cc-visa-annual-40000-points-bonus.html)

Jared Ito Jan 22, 2014 12:23 am

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Does it really take a minimum 6 to 8 weeks after the month that one has paid the annual fee? Is there a way for the bank or cc to expedite it? Thanks

mfidelity Jan 22, 2014 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Jeremy Humboldt (Post 22199296)
Does it really take a minimum 6 to 8 weeks after the month that one has paid the annual fee? Is there a way for the bank or cc to expedite it? Thanks

I'm past 8 weeks and still have not received the 40K bonus. They are "looking into it" and said it could take another 4 - 6 weeks. I'm lucky that I don't really need the points before then, but still it should not be this difficult.

Happy Jan 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by mfidelity (Post 22201871)
I'm past 8 weeks and still have not received the 40K bonus. They are "looking into it" and said it could take another 4 - 6 weeks. I'm lucky that I don't really need the points before then, but still it should not be this difficult.

This is inexcusable - it is almost like a bait and switch, false advertisement.

It said 6 to 8 weeks after payment is made. Why they still need another month and more to "look into it"?! The system should have been programmed to track such things and post the annual bonus according to the T&Cs.

All other banks do this automatically without hiccup - Chase annual free night on the IHG card sends you reminder on when you will see your free night a month before it will show up. Then sends you notice on the week the free night is posted to your account.

Chase BA card that has a 50K 2nd year bonus also automatically posted to people's account.

The free night cert of the Marriott card pops up without you having to do a thing.

Barclays posts the 10K US Airways card bonus at the beginning of your anniversary month or the statement date - Automatically.

US Bank acts as it never put this into its system and relies on manual processing or it so seems.

When I called to inquire, the rep told me it would be in the Feb/Mar time frame giving my anniversary date was Mid December and because I was on a long trip and not always had internet access, I did not pay it until January to pay the fee.

However so far ALL data points have been NEGATIVE - No one has received the promised 40K bonus despite all have paid the annual fee. Some of you paid it immediately after it was billed - so 6 to 8 weeks have indeed past.

I think we should keep up with this thread and see how much efforts / hassles we have to go thru to get our promised annual bonus posted. :mad:

Superorb Jan 24, 2014 12:08 pm

My annual fee posted Dec 19th and I paid it immediately. Have received a statement Jan 17th and no points were there. Just sent them a message, hopefully they won't tell me 6-8 weeks.

atxtravel Jan 24, 2014 3:33 pm

good info, I was waiting for the actual 365 day anniversary of opening the account to check on this, since my annual fee got charged a full 3 weeks ahead. I'd be tempted to cancel the cards, but it's so easy to MS points on this and the 2nd free night is more than worth the annual fee.

slicktraveler Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

My statement posted on 12/4 & I paid annual immediately & they told me 40,000 points would post in 6-8 weeks. My second statement posted Jan 4th & still no 40,000 points they keep telling me I have to wait another 4-6 weeks. There needs to be something that we can do about this. I am actually waiting on my points to post for a vacation night in March & don't know if they will be in account at this rate. As a previous post said this is false advertising. How could it possibly take that long for points to post!!!!

progapanda Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Here's what the official T&C say:

Annual Renewal Bonus: Each year that you renew your Account by making at least the minimum payment by the due date printed on the Account statement in which the annual fee is billed, you will receive a Renewal Bonus of 40,000 Gold Points (25,000 Gold Points for Platinum Rewards). Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the payment due date for your Renewal Bonus to appear in your Club Carlson account.
Seems like paying off the annual fee as soon as it posts doesn't actually expedite anything. FYI.

kilton Jan 25, 2014 11:04 am

Haven't gotten mine yet either. Disgraceful.

Happy Jan 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 22215299)
My annual fee posted Dec 19th and I paid it immediately. Have received a statement Jan 17th and no points were there. Just sent them a message, hopefully they won't tell me 6-8 weeks.

No point on my Jan statement that closed on the 17th.

They never reply to my message sent 10 days ago. The website said 1 to 3 business days to reply. It has been more than 6 business days and I have not received any email.

I double-checked the T&Cs that came before the card arrived, it said after Fee is Paid. Nothing mentioned about due date.

By changing it to due date as the point the clock starts, the bank gains almost 4 weeks to delay the pay out of the annual bonus. A very sleazy practice.

Happy Jan 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by slicktraveler (Post 22216815)
My statement posted on 12/4 & I paid annual immediately & they told me 40,000 points would post in 6-8 weeks. My second statement posted Jan 4th & still no 40,000 points they keep telling me I have to wait another 4-6 weeks. There needs to be something that we can do about this. I am actually waiting on my points to post for a vacation night in March & don't know if they will be in account at this rate. As a previous post said this is false advertising. How could it possibly take that long for points to post!!!!

Enough people complain to the bank, and if the bank still does not get its act together, complain to the Consumer Affair division of your State's DA office as well as the bank's HQ state DA office.

Superorb Jan 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 22223241)
They never reply to my message sent 10 days ago. The website said 1 to 3 business days to reply. It has been more than 6 business days and I have not received any email.

By changing it to due date as the point the clock starts, the bank gains almost 4 weeks to delay the pay out of the annual bonus. A very sleazy practice.

Ughh, wonderful... Yes, sleazy indeed. I guess something good is that my Gold membership has been extended to Feb 2015.

aviator8 Jan 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Annual fee hit my account 1/3/14. Paid bill 1/21/14 no points seen yet. Not even in the new website which has a page to display pending points.

klepton Jan 27, 2014 7:55 am

I have also been waiting for my points to post, which it sounds like I still have a while to wait judging by everyone else. My annual fee was charged on 12/18, bill paid on 1/8.

I'm very glad I am not waiting on these points for approaching travel, I really feel for those who are. :(

Happy Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm

The non-answer rec'd after 12 biz days

OK, after 12 biz days from the date I sent the secured email on US Bank's website, below is the non-answer I received. (the US bank website promised a 1 to 3 biz days turn around in case you are not aware).

Note the rep does not even bother to check his method, but just do some boiler plate cut and paste reply...
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Good afternoon and thank you for contacting U.S. Bancorp Service Center, Inc. via our Website.

We understand that you are concerned about the 40,000 Renewal bonus Rewards, Happy, and when to expect them in the account. We are certainly happy to assist you. Please be advised that the bonus Rewards are deposited into the account within ninety days after the anniversary date has posted. This is roughly six to eight weeks after the anniversary date. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused you.

There you have it - it is within 90 days after the anniversary date has posted. I have never heard an anniversary date would "post".

Further more, 6 to 8 weeks would equal to 42 to 56 days, certainly much less than the 90 days mentioned in this response.

Has anyone ever come across a mentioning of 90 days post anniversary date in the T&Cs? I certainly cannot find this in mine that came before the physical card.

So, it is not after payment is made, as indicated in the T&C paper sent to me, nor after the payment due date as in the current T&Cs found online and posted by someone here.

Now it is within 90 days after anniversary date.

Bottom line, US Bank is making up rules as they see fit (their purpose of stalling the posting of annual bonuses). Most likely nobody would see their bonuses in February and the posting would finally come in March!

US Bank has never intended to post the annual bonus timely - at least it is not programmed into its system at all. It hopes people would forget and then it can get away with it. At a minimum, it delays the posting by 2 full months going into 3, reduces its current year's expenses on the card.

I have a feeling this would turn out just like the FlexPerk or whatever name the other US Bank program fiasco is - people have to fight them with teeth and nails to get their rightfully earned points.

Superorb Jan 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Maybe start complaining to Club Carlson?