Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I too, have 1 personal and 1 biz. I was thinking about killing one of them. The thing that gets me is that I had to wait so damn long for the 40K to post. I know, I know, maybe I'm impatient. But we paid the fee to renew, why can't they post quicker? It's like - poor customer service. So I may also get rid of one of them...not sure yet.

Maybe try to downgrade the personal to the no-fee card? That way you'll still have access to "award last night free" benefit on both accounts.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Brendan
Silvermaple, I bet the reason for the delay is to wait to post the points until it's way too late to get a refund of the AF!
Or just the typical USB slowness.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
I don't know if it's true but a US Bank CS agent told me that if you cancel the card or downgrade it to a no-fee card, they will claw back the anniversary points granted.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:03 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Now we understand CC's system well enough to know to expect the 40K 2 months after the AF posts
For the record, here's a full set of dates confirming this timing:

April 8, 2013: card received, first transaction;
April 18, 2013: first annual fee posted, first statement;
April 19, 2013: first points (spend + bonus) posted to Club Carlson account;
March 19, 2014: second annual fee posted;
March 20, 2014: statement (including annual fee);
April 17, 2014: statement;
May 1, 2014: 40,000 bonus points shown as "pending" on US Bank website;
May 20, 2014: statement showing annual renewal bonus points;
May 21, 2014: 40,000 bonus points posted to Club Carlson account.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
No 40K pts for us yet

My wife's CC Visa Biz timeline:

annual renewal fee post date: 1/6/2014 (Feb statement)
annual fee paid date (autopay): 3/1/2014

It is now June 11 and no 40K pt bonus. Emailed CC and they referred us to US Bank customer service number. Called them and they sent an inquiry to their rewards department to look into it; supposed to take 7-10 days. Ugh.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by mangoMan

It is now June 11 and no 40K pt bonus. Emailed CC and they referred us to US Bank customer service number. Called them and they sent an inquiry to their rewards department to look into it; supposed to take 7-10 days. Ugh.
Did you check the US Bank site for pending points? I applied on April 1st, 2013, and though the points haven't posted yet, they are listed as pending on the US Bank site. I will confirm when the next batch of points posts (likely near the end of the month).
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
Did you check the US Bank site for pending points?
Just checked: zilch under pending points. Given how long it's been since we paid the annual renewal fee, there is something messed up on our account. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just checked: zilch under pending points. Given how long it's been since we paid the annual renewal fee, there is something messed up on our account. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.
I'm in the same boat. Dad and I both have the card, our annual fee was paid a couple months ago. Nothing. Very frustrating.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:28 pm

Keep pestering USBank. I had a similar case - annual fee posted 1/24, paid 3/11, still no points posted or pending. It took about 5 emails back and forth with USBank. They kept telling me I had to wait 8-10 weeks (it has been 12+) and to check with Club Carlson. Finally they confirmed that they found "an issue" with my account and promised the points would be awarded on my next statement.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:27 pm

Annual fee posted 4/17/2014

Received my 40,000 today 6/18/2014

63days
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:20 pm

Still nothing

No response from phone inquiry. Sent a follow-up email via US Bank website and got a response saying they weren't able to verify all the information on the account - apparently the SSN. Resent email with last 4 digits of SSN - hopefully these boneheads will figure it out.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:05 pm
Suspended

I have found them to be slow in posting. Almost makes me want to kill the card.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: kjnc
I am in the same (slow) boat as some. My fee came up at the end of January. I paid it the first week of February.
In April, seeing in this thread that others had started receiving their points, any my points had not yet posted, I called and politely asked. They said ' don't worry about it, give it 8 full weeks from when the statement closed.
I followed up on May 28th, they looked and said 'a-ha, we found an issue with your account... no worries, the points will appear on your _next_ statement close'.
On June 28th, I followed up again. They looked at history and saw the May call in the notes. They put me on hold a long time, and came back and said, 'no worries, there was an issue with your account. We are aware of it and it will be resolved in a couple days, and the points will appear on the next statement close. When I complained that I was given the exact same assurance the last time, and they even had that in the notes, they escalated to a supervisor. The supervisor gave me the same line. I pressed her asking if there could be any compensation for me needing to wait so long and work so hard to get what should be an automatic bonus. She offered to add 7500 points to my account.
So I am still waiting for my points that should have been there in March. But at least I am now waiting on 47500 points instead of just the 40k. Too bad 47500 points are worth the same as 40000 when they don't actually get awarded.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
OK...granted, the points take a while to post, but it's still a pretty sweet deal, especially when you have two cards.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by larrythai
OK...granted, the points take a while to post, but it's still a pretty sweet deal, especially when you have two cards.
A while? I'm about 4 months past my annual renewal date.

This is getting into the territory of breach of contract. You'd think the banks would be a lot more concerned about meeting the T&C's these days.

So what is the BKM for getting the points to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.