CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Hide Wikipost
Old May 5, 19, 12:37 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Wiki Link
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 28, 14, 12:57 am

Annual fee posted 12/3, no points yet.

US Bank continues to disappoint.
Old Jan 28, 14, 9:55 am

Wow US Bank, you guys are ridiculous. EVERY Carlson Biz card comes with an anniversary bonus of 40k points. These guys don't know what they're doing. Got this reply to my question about my points. I don't know what verification information they're talking about. Also, the message does not show up in my online account, it only goes to my email address and I can't seem to reply back. What a crappy system.

Originally Posted by Us Bank Idiots
Good morning and thank you for contacting U.S. Bancorp Service Center, Inc. via our Website.

We certainly understand your concern regarding the renewal bonus points, Kenneth. While we look forward to being of service to you, unfortunately, we are unable to match the verification information in your request to what is listed on your account. In order to obtain all of the necessary information and give us an opportunity to answer any questions you may have, please contact us at our twenty-four-hour Cardmember Service Department at 800-236-7546. A representative will be able to assist you.

Please contact us again, Keenth, if we can be of further assistance. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Stacy M.
Cardmember Service Representative

Last edited by Superorb; Jan 28, 14 at 10:12 am
Old Jan 29, 14, 10:26 pm

Has anyone had their Gold status extended to 2015 yet? My account still shows Gold Elite -- Expires Feb 2014

I had a payment due date of 1/1/14, so still within the 6-8 weeks for the points - wondering if the status extensions happen at the same time?
Old Jan 30, 14, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by a330300 View Post
Has anyone had their Gold status extended to 2015 yet? My account still shows Gold Elite -- Expires Feb 2014

I had a payment due date of 1/1/14, so still within the 6-8 weeks for the points - wondering if the status extensions happen at the same time?
I just checked, mine has not been extended beyond Feb 2014 either. This could cause me problems... even though I'm not waiting on points I do have a stay in March I'll want gold status for. I guess I'll give them until the middle of Feb and then start hounding them.
Old Jan 30, 14, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by a330300 View Post
My account shows : Gold Elite-Expires Feb 2015
I'm not sure when it changed.
Old Jan 30, 14, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-*S, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post
My account shows : Gold Elite-Expires Feb 2015
I'm not sure when it changed.
+1.
Old Jan 31, 14, 2:36 pm

Gold Elite -- Expires Feb 2014

I also have a stay in March.

EDIT: Or rather, I will have a stay in March in US Bank gets its act together and actually, you know, posts the points.

Last edited by uberuber; Jan 31, 14 at 2:46 pm
Old Feb 1, 14, 11:02 am

Good news!

My annual fee of $75 posted with the statement closing Dec 3, 2013. I paid it off on Dec 5th. Just a few minutes ago, I checked my Club Carlson credit card website and there are 40,000 pending points, which should appear on my Feb 3rd statement.

So, it looks like if you pay it off promptly, two statements after the annual fee posts, you get your 40,000 points.

I did not call or email them about it at all - just happened automatically.
Old Feb 1, 14, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by tarakcih View Post
My annual fee of $75 posted with the statement closing Dec 3, 2013. I paid it off on Dec 5th. Just a few minutes ago, I checked my Club Carlson credit card website and there are 40,000 pending points, which should appear on my Feb 3rd statement.

So, it looks like if you pay it off promptly, two statements after the annual fee posts, you get your 40,000 points.

This seems to be precisely as we were promised. "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the payment due date for your Renewal Bonus to appear in your Club Carlson account."

What a bunch of hot air the complainers above are spewing!
Old Feb 1, 14, 2:00 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Au, Hyatt Discoverist (Visa,) Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au
Not-so-hot air! Just living by the FT proverb: "Be ready/ proactive!" Oh-so-thank U, Tarakcih for this info. In response I've just checked my Rewards at usbank.com & seen my 40K!
Old Feb 1, 14, 8:30 pm

Yeah, not really worried about it (but then again, I'm not waiting for the points to book anything either, so it may have been a different story if that's the case).

I see the 40,000 as pending rewards, so my guess is that it will post in the next statement. yay! (still deciding if the 40k it's worth the annual fee for the biz card though -- thought so at one point, but it turns out I'm not that interested in too many of the club carlson properties...)
Old Feb 2, 14, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by tarakcih View Post

Same here...mine show as pending. I did not email and saw no need until after the time frame had passed that I was promised the points. We seem to be getting exactly what was promised...take xanax people you will get your points
Old Feb 2, 14, 11:24 pm

My status was extended recently. And wouldn't you know it, I now have 40,000 pending points that weren't there a few days ago. Case closed ^

Gold Elite -- Expires Feb 2015
Old Feb 4, 14, 8:29 am

Still waiting here. No status for next year or points.
Old Feb 4, 14, 9:17 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
I just noticed the 40k promo points post in my "pending rewards" column, although my Club Carlson Gold status is still showing a February 2014 expiration. At least it's progress!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: