Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CC Maputo, Mozambique

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:31 am
Original Poster

CC Maputo, Mozambique

Planning on a stay early next year - anyone ever been to this propery?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
No, but would be very interested in a good review
So let me know how it went.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
I was there yesterday, what do you want to know?

Is considered one of the best hotels in MPM, located on the Avenida Marginal, ocean view but not on the water. Across the street from restaurant Sagres which serves big Tiger prawns and ice cold 2M. Inside secure compound, barclays and Millenium BMI bank machines next to entrance. Mares shopping centre close and is good 30 min walk along the Marginal.

about 3km far from downtown, could be walked during daytime.

Hotel is modern well equipped, ask for an ocean view with balcony overlooking Marginal. Restaurant decent but you would be better off trying the local restaurants (Cristal, Milano, Sagres, Rodizio etc).

Cheers
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Stayed this summer. Great hotel. Outside centre so you need taxi.

Newest and best in town. Was disappointed only of the food quality at the Italian restaurant.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
Newest and best in town.
It certainly is new (Dec2011/Jan 2012) but Polana Hotel has to be the best in Maputo. Radisson is a nice hotel but the Polana is setting the standard (best pool scene in Mozambique with unrivaled views).
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jakpot
I was there yesterday, what do you want to know?

Is considered one of the best hotels in MPM, located on the Avenida Marginal, ocean view but not on the water. Across the street from restaurant Sagres which serves big Tiger prawns and ice cold 2M. Inside secure compound, barclays and Millenium BMI bank machines next to entrance. Mares shopping centre close and is good 30 min walk along the Marginal.

about 3km far from downtown, could be walked during daytime.

Hotel is modern well equipped, ask for an ocean view with balcony overlooking Marginal. Restaurant decent but you would be better off trying the local restaurants (Cristal, Milano, Sagres, Rodizio etc).

Cheers
Are the generous in upgrading rooms?

Any room suggestion/preferences?

How was the breakfast?

Planning on driving up from Punto de Auro - did you happen to drive and if so how are the roads getting there?

Thanks so much for your help!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Id advise high floor for views.

Roads coming in from Kruger were quite good. A bit worse and chaotic driving north. Dirt roads off main roads.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by bg26892
Are the generous in upgrading rooms?

Any room suggestion/preferences?

How was the breakfast?

Planning on driving up from Punto de Auro - did you happen to drive and if so how are the roads getting there?
Breakfast was fine, good variety buffet. As mentioned, get a high floor for the nice view.

Driving from Punto, you must must must must have a 4x4. do not attempt the drive unless you have a 4x4, I can't stress this strongly enough.

This road is awful and often impassable in places, from Punto do Ouro to Bela Vista is often washed out or very deep and extreme washboard. In July, I had to drive from the Elephant Reserve to Bela Vista on the verge/shoulder because the washboard drastically limited speed limit to under 10km/hr. Road is un-treated and un-surfaced.

Make sure you have reflective vest, triangle spare tire and oval sticker on car. There is military check point on the road at Bela Vista who will try to charge you 10000MT if the vest is ill-fitting, as long as you have all the kit....wait them out and pay them nothing.

In July, the road from Bela Vista to Matola was unpassable at Bela Vista, so I would recommend the route via Catembe and the exiciting ferry service across to Maputo.

Get your entry VISA in advance if possible at the MZ highcom in Pretoria. VISA can be obtained at the frontier but is chaotic, disorganized and lengthy process. If you have an invitation letter, keep it with you to show the many police checks you will encouter to let them know not to mess with you.

If you're falsely arrested at a stop check, ask to go immediately to the police station to speak with the Commander (they will always let you go after some time...don;t pay them). Carry a photo copy of driver's license/passport, do not give originals to police patrol....they will keep it until you pay bribe.

Enjoy the 2M.

Cheers
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
I'm considering staying at the Radisson Blue Maputo. This thread is pretty much all I found.

Two questions:

1.) Do you still recommend the property? (The above posts are a bit old.)

2.) I'm on a budget. Really considering this property as I'm CC Gold. During the time of my stay, they charge $250 for the cheapest room. Breakfast would be an extra ~$50 for one person. Do you think it's worth going for the breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.