Radisson Orlando International Drive

Old Aug 9, 13, 9:54 am
ftv
Original Poster

Programs: Vigin FC Silver, Hilton Gold, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Radisson Orlando International Drive

Surely a domestic favorite of yours as it is of mine (don't appreciate the recent 3X point increase, though) has disappeared from online searches. Radission.com calls it "currently offline" which is trange because a hotel of this size can stay partially open if renovating and because it is still high season in Orlando and if they wait till post-labor day for hotel/restaurant closures and renovations.

De-flagged?

Any Flyertalkers hear? It would be shame as it's a great staple, great location, very good facility in a great, central area of a major tourist city and it would be sad to see it leave Club Carlson.
Old Aug 9, 13, 1:02 pm

I stay in it over in June and it was literally falling apart. The place badly needs new management and major renovation.
Old Aug 9, 13, 6:03 pm

It was definitely my favorite cc property when flying to MCO. It served me well during the free night/9000 pts promo a few years ago. Another option you have is the Country Inn across the street on Universal Blvd, which had better service and breakfast.
Old Aug 9, 13, 10:24 pm

Just got this email:

This is to advise you that the former Radisson Hotel Orlando -
International Drive is no longer a Radisson as of August 5th. They are
now Allure Resort & Spa.

Our records indicate that you have a room reserved to arrive on
xxx for xxx nights.

The former Radisson Hotel Orlando - International Drive will be honoring
your Club Carlson redemption reservation. However, if you should need
to make any changes to your reservation, or if you need to cancel,
please contact our office at least two business days prior to arrival.
Making any adjustments or cancellations directly with the hotel will
result in the forfeiture of your points as the hotel can no longer
access our systems.

Please feel free to reply by e-mail or call if you have any questions.
Our office can be reached at 1-800-967-9182.

Sincerely,

Dawnisha
Old Aug 9, 13, 11:38 pm

We have a reservation coming up in a few days. Called CC today after seeing that online and was told the same thing - that it's no longer represented by radisson. But all existing reservations seem like they're still intact.
Old Aug 10, 13, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by ftv View Post
Surely a domestic favorite of yours as it is of mine (don't appreciate the recent 3X point increase, though) has disappeared from online searches. Radission.com calls it "currently offline" which is trange because a hotel of this size can stay partially open if renovating and because it is still high season in Orlando and if they wait till post-labor day for hotel/restaurant closures and renovations.

De-flagged?

Any Flyertalkers hear? It would be shame as it's a great staple, great location, very good facility in a great, central area of a major tourist city and it would be sad to see it leave Club Carlson.
it was good for 9000pts for sure, but at 28k were going to stay at the Holiday Inn Suites this time round
Old Oct 16, 13, 11:00 am

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
For anyone who's stayed here recently using CC points after they converted to Allure: Do they charge a resort fee? And do they still offer free internet? I have a booking using CC points and staying there tomorrow for a couple nights and was just wondering.
Old Feb 21, 20, 9:49 pm

Wow, was searching on IHG and found this dump. Even the photos on the website make it look like a dump. How is this part of IHG's portfolio?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: