Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Massive, unannounced devaluation of airline conversion rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive, unannounced devaluation of airline conversion rates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by moebod
If that was their only concern, they would have given us a one month warning or something for the OLD points to be redeemed at the old ratios.
Not necessarily. Like the person below you posted, many people still have a stockpile of points from previous BNGs. I used mine for 72,000 AA miles, 9 nights at the Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin and 4 nights at The Mayfair in London. For a personal investment of around $750.00 spread over 2 years, this is a hell of a return. To me, it would make sense for them to slyly adjust the redemption rates to avoid “leechers” from gaming the system further before they give us an opportunity to do more damage with another BNG. After all, the purpose of the promo is to familiarize people with the CC brand not book cheap rooms on mattress runs to get something great overseas or cover our airfare.

However, I think that IF a BNG is offered this year it will tie in to credit card holders to promote their product. It makes zero sense for them to offer it again to the general public. My suggestion was more wishful thinking than anything.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by phdtomd
I hope so, I have 400k still from last two bngs! With the wife on board and the cc card we will be able to stay just about anywhere. Hopefully their room redemptions don't change, I don't have a lot invested in these points so it wouldn't hurt as much but still.
400K? What are you waiting for to redeem them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.