Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Stays for Four in Ireland/England

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Stays for Four in Ireland/England

My wife and I are planning a trip for us and our two children (will be 15 and 11) to Ireland and the UK. At almost every Club Carlson property I've looked at in Ireland and England, a standard redemption costs 50 percent more points if you input four guests instead of three. Are the sleeping accommodations the same whether you select three or four guests, and if so, would we run into problems if three of us were present at check in and one of us entered the hotel and room a bit later?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
You may be seeing 50 percent more because when you plug in four people it's only going to sell you a "business class" or other special room which are often at a 50-percent premium. Check under the booking details and it will tell you the room size and bed types.
We did once get a business class room with room for two kids at Sligo Radisson. But we ended up staying at Priority Club properties more often because they almost always take four, and their redemption rates were pretty good.
In London, the PP Westminster Bridge has "studio" rooms that are almost suite- like and can fit two kids on one side and two adults on the other. Those are now 75K but worth it IMO. Really nice hotel.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
We just stayed at the Westminster with two kids and did the suite for 75,000 pts. I have the credit card, so it was 2 nights and the 2nd one free. So only really 37,500 per night. Nice hotel and good location overall. Pool in the basement was a bonus...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
I should also say, I paid 11 quid per night to upgrade to a London Eye view (and if you stood on the bed, Big Ben as well). It was an available option after booking the reservation. The sofabed in the living room was also pre-made which I thought should good attention to detail. Well run hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:37 am

But an 11 and 15 year old couldn't really share the sofa bed. It is pretty small. Just book 2 rooms.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:44 am

Look at the plaza on the river. They usually give an upgrade option after booking and will confirm it in advance. 1 and 2 bed suites with kitchen etc
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:22 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I took my family to London last year. Usually a party of 4-- with teens- one boy, one girl, but our girl ended up staying home.

While I did not stay at Club Carlson properties, I can say that there was absolutely no way the 4 of us could have been comfortable in one room. The pull out bed was minuscule and left no room to access the double bed. The luggage was stacked up and difficult to access. If your children are not comfortable in extremely close sleeping conditions, I would carefully check your options at booking time.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:45 am

General Rule - European rooms sleep 2 max, if a sofa bed or if a roll away can go in, will only sleep 1-2 small kids.

Some budget London hotels may have triple rooms - 1 double bed (2) and a single (1)

Last edited by loyaltypointsuk; Jul 9, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.