Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn Germany Internet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum CC Concierge FB Platinum
Thumbs down Park Inn Germany Internet

I have joined the CC program some years ago, but have started to book CC hotels more regular this year. I will become Gold member this week and will grow to Concierge in less than 2 months.

In Germany I have stayed more than 10 nights in a Park Inn hotel (Dusseldorf Kaarst, Dortmund, Koln and Bochum).

Without exception, they charge me for internet (12,50€-17,50€) per day. When I claim that this should be free for CC members, they all tell me that this is only valid at Radisson and not at Park Inn. It makes a stay easily 10-15% more expensive.

Writing to CC is not helping at all. I get very general answers saying that it is up to the hotel.

What I don't understand is that when you are in these hotels, you see CC promotion everywhere, but when you claim one of the benefits they don't participate.

Does anyone has the same experience and did you manage to solve this?

Ciao
Frenske66
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FT!

I stayed at the Park Inn Heppenheim and got free internet.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I agree that it is a shame to charge for internet in a hotel, no matter if it is a 25 dollar dump somewhere off the street or the Ritz Carlton in Paris. These days I'd say one should expect it like flowing water in the bathroom but that is just me.

To get back on topic: just last weekend I was at the Park Inn in Stuttgart and Internet was for free, I doubt it was due to me being Concierge. I believe there was free internet at the Park Inn in Cologne as well when I was there at the end of last year but I am not too sure. It was a rather short stay
So maybe it is entirely up to the hotel which doesn't help you. Write to CC and at least tell them that you are unhappy. Many people complaining might just change their mind at some point.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:54 am

This is interesting. The web site was always clear that Internet was free at Radissons only, however, now it says that CC members:

receive free Internet at Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns and Suites By CarlsonSM hotels worldwide (includes basic service only, certain hotels may charge for premium service).
It's also listed on the web site:
http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/memberbenefits/home.do

When did this change? There's no mention hotels can opt out.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
I noticed this change about 4 weeks ago (about 01/MAR/2013 - before it was only free in the us and at all radisson blue propertys)
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by schauschun
I noticed this change about 4 weeks ago (about 01/MAR/2013 - before it was only free in the us and at all radisson blue propertys)
Why didn't they announce the change? Man, they really need to do a better job at promoting this stuff. I just dished out 125 CHF for a month of Swisscom access at the hotel I normally stay at.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
Why didn't they announce the change? Man, they really need to do a better job at promoting this stuff. I just dished out 125 CHF for a month of Swisscom access at the hotel I normally stay at.
I completely agree. You would think there would be a big announcement for this.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:05 pm

It's very confusing...I asked them about the new free internet policy, and whether they can do anything about refunding the money I've spent on Swisscom at one of the properties in Switzerland. Their response:

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your recent message.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion and frustration this has caused
you. Per the Terms and Conditions of Club Carlson all member benefits
may vary by participating hotel, are subject to availability, may not
be available at all locations, and are subject to change at any time.

I really don't know what's going on. I'll have to ask if the hotel I'm staying at knows anything about the Internet access, but "receive free Internet at Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns and Suites By CarlsonSM hotels worldwide " is deceptive if they don't really mean it applies worldwide.

They did give me 5,000 miles, although that's not really worth the 125 CHF I've spent on Swisscom...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
It's very confusing...I asked them about the new free internet policy, and whether they can do anything about refunding the money I've spent on Swisscom at one of the properties in Switzerland. Their response:

I really don't know what's going on. I'll have to ask if the hotel I'm staying at knows anything about the Internet access, but "receive free Internet at Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns and Suites By CarlsonSM hotels worldwide " is deceptive if they don't really mean it applies worldwide.

They did give me 5,000 miles, although that's not really worth the 125 CHF I've spent on Swisscom...
Did you write to CC or the hotel?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:46 am

CC.

I asked at the hotel, too, and they didn't know anything about free internet.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Wondering if there has been a policy change within the last year. I remember staying at the Park Inn Frankfurt Airport in January of 2012 and I am pretty sure there was a charge for the internet. Fast forward to January 2013 and another stay in February and the internet was free.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
i am currently staying in parkinn brussels and they said it was free for low speed 512kbps and for high speed need to pay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.