Radisson Martinique New York City

Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:08 pm
rtb
Original Poster

Any gold members stay at this hotel? How was your stay? Were you offered an upgrade?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There's been discussion on this hotel previously. You might want to search for it.

Otherwise I've a stay booked next week and will report back.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 8:27 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Enjoyed very much. If you get a choice of breakfast restaurant vouchers take the one for french cafe in the back and you'll feel like you've been dropped in Paris!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium

Just stayed last week as a Gold and was provided with buffet coupons for each morning as well as 2 drink coupons. Didn't use either but didn't expect as Gold. Not expecting the same at my upcoming Radisson Blu Sydney stay.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:05 pm

So as a Gold, the Breakfast buffet (or choice of a voucher which includes this) appears to be almost a guaranteed perk. On this basis, may change my stay in NY next month to here.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed last week and also received the breakfast vouchers for the cafe backing onto 33rd street: Coffee, juice and a choice of breakfast entree included.

Rather lame that the executive lounge is nothing more than a few tables and couches. Period.
Old May 11, 2013, 2:50 pm
rtb
Original Poster

It looks like they are not taking any more point stays for awhile. Luckily I booked early for a reservation in July. Think this is in response to the free bonus night for Club Carlson Visa members?
Old May 11, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I was able to make an award stay booking in March for memorial day weekend but I cancel the two days ago because I got the free nights at the Holiday Inn Times Square.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
So as a Gold, the Breakfast buffet (or choice of a voucher which includes this) appears to be almost a guaranteed perk. On this basis, may change my stay in NY next month to here.
I have an upcoming 5 night stay at this location at the end of May, but I though free breakfast at Carlson generally only comes at the Concierge level rather than Gold.

Did you have to request the free breakfast as a Gold benefit, or did they just offer it out of the blue?
Old May 12, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by meheeco
I have an upcoming 5 night stay at this location at the end of May, but I though free breakfast at Carlson generally only comes at the Concierge level rather than Gold.

Did you have to request the free breakfast as a Gold benefit, or did they just offer it out of the blue?

For me they offered at checkin. I never requested.
Old May 12, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by rtb
It looks like they are not taking any more point stays for awhile. Luckily I booked early for a reservation in July. Think this is in response to the free bonus night for Club Carlson Visa members?
What is your basis for this comment? Are you sure the dates you are interested in are just not available or were you specifically told by someone they were blocking award reservations?
Old May 13, 2013, 7:45 am
rtb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christianj
What is your basis for this comment? Are you sure the dates you are interested in are just not available or were you specifically told by someone they were blocking award reservations?
My basis was trying every single day from now until the fall and there were no award nights available. Just an observation, try it yourself.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by rtb
My basis was trying every single day from now until the fall and there were no award nights available. Just an observation, try it yourself.
I'm getting the same thing for every date I checked in the fall - no reward availability. Disappointed because I was looking forward to a couple days in New York at this hotel.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:58 pm

I stayed 2 separate nights early May, as CC Gold
- got upgraded both nights, 1st to Suite with sleeper sofa (1720) with awesome ESB view, 2nd night to 1722 Suite (no sofabed)
- got Welcome kit (cake) both times
- got free breakfast (due to free upgrade to Executive Club rooms, not b/c of CC Gold directly). 1st time at French restaurant, 2nd time Buffet on 2nd floor (not sure why the difference)
- best of all, I redeemed FREE night certs for both nights, so they only cost me ~$100 from last year's Stay 1 Earn 1 promo. Back when I was booking I did see some weekend nights available at 50000 points though

It was an awesome hotel/location, especially with CC Gold status
You can read reviews on TripAdvisor
Old May 16, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meheeco

We were given breakfast coupons without inquiring. I don't know if that was due to exec floor rooms or because I'm Gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.