Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Martinique New York City

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Is this hotel due to change to a Hilton Curio?

http://news.curiocollection.com/index.cfm/page/11266

Upcoming Openings, 1st Quarter 2018

Martinique on Broadway New York Midtown, New York City, New York
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:59 am

looks that way, so I spent all my Club Carlson points just in time to now collect Hilton points for 2018
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:54 pm

If it is changing over, I wonder if/when it might close for renovations? Seems like it might have to have some work done to meet new brand standards...

(Now excuse me while I go mourn another potential devaluation to the "free night at any US property" benefit of the Club Carlson cc.)
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Have a points stay there on Aug 12-14, the last I used of the 2x1. Hopefully things will go good.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
At present, this hotel reflects Radisson values a lot more than Hilton values - particularly as to fire safety, consistency of room features, and loyalty program. And in one more area that's very significant here, I wonder if there will be changes: contracts with airlines.

To be sure, I've enjoyed my stays here - location, location, location! - but at Radisson and old school expectation levels.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
The owners of this hotel seem to shop around for the best deal on network affiliation. When I first stayed at this hotel in 2005 it was a Holiday Inn Express, which I thought was odd given its relatively good location and fairly well accommodated rooms. I agree with others that it fits the Radisson brand well. There is already a large Hilton in Midtown at 53rd & 6th, not sure why the brand would want to add competition to itself with another property at 34th & Broadway, but who knows...
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I just checked out yesterday and it was the second time I have stayed there. This hotel is the only hotel of Carlson where I have ever been upgraded, given breakfast, and lounge access, as a Gold on a free night cert.

Great location. I always get a room overlooking the entire as they are dead quiet.

Only negative is its a crew hotel and it gets very crowd with departures/arrivals at certain times of day. Not enough seating area in the lobby so all the flight crews and their bags take up a lt of room.

This is also the only hotel in the US I ever use free nights at, all the others I use in Europe, so I feel it's a good value redemption.

Sorry to see it go to Hilton,
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cruisr
I just checked out yesterday and it was the second time I have stayed there. This hotel is the only hotel of Carlson where I have ever been upgraded, given breakfast, and lounge access, as a Gold on a free night cert.

Great location. I always get a room overlooking the entire as they are dead quiet.

Only negative is its a crew hotel and it gets very crowd with departures/arrivals at certain times of day. Not enough seating area in the lobby so all the flight crews and their bags take up a lt of room.

This is also the only hotel in the US I ever use free nights at, all the others I use in Europe, so I feel it's a good value redemption.

Sorry to see it go to Hilton,
Some people consider the crew hotel aspect to be a bonus. Especially for extra-curricular fun.

The airline crew seem to be using package services a lot more at this property than I usually see, and that can slow things down.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:34 am

I checked in yesterday afternoon, no recognition of Gold member, no upgrade, no breakfast voucher, nada. Mind you, this was my last reservation that I did when they devalued the points and took away the free night on points. Reservation has been held for week over a year.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arollins
I checked in yesterday afternoon, no recognition of Gold member, no upgrade, no breakfast voucher, nada. Mind you, this was my last reservation that I did when they devalued the points and took away the free night on points. Reservation has been held for week over a year.
To get the voucher for breakfast as a Gold, it's a gamble as it's not a formal Club Carlsom benefit; I've seen the vouchers given if the Gold guests ask the front desk in person.

About the upgrade situation, I'm surprised as all the Gold reservations I've encountered using points were all on the top two or three floors and often with larger rooms at that. That said, booking a longer stay -- for example, 6+ nights -- the upgrades may be harder to land.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:25 am

This is going to Hilton? the last Radisson property in Manhattan then... they surely need to get back on the map with a new property then.

Shame to see it go, it was not a great property but always good value in Manhattan and nice staff.

Hilton has a really heavy Manhattan footprint
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:47 am
Suspended

Carlson may end up being the largest hotel group without a hotel in Manhattan, if it ends up without any property in the area after this hotel leave.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
To get the voucher for breakfast as a Gold, it's a gamble as it's not a formal Club Carlsom benefit; I've seen the vouchers given if the Gold guests ask the front desk in person.

About the upgrade situation, I'm surprised as all the Gold reservations I've encountered using points were all on the top two or three floors and often with larger rooms at that. That said, booking a longer stay -- for example, 6+ nights -- the upgrades may be harder to land.
It was a 2 day stay, Friday-Sunday. I do not like reminding staff on my status and perks, however, with CC, seems that you do need to be pro-active, almost begging, in order to get them. Whenever I check in I show my CC credit card and also indicate that I'm a gold member, just to remind them. Having said that, I wonder the direction that CC is going, having no presence in Manhattan, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, France, just to name a few. Makes me wonder.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:18 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by arollins
Having said that, I wonder the direction that CC is going, having no presence in Manhattan, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, France, just to name a few. Makes me wonder.
Indeed, Carlson just keeps getting weaker and weaker when it comes to city center properties in the US. Soon no NY, and already no Boston, DC proper, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Miami, etc.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:57 am

I've stayed there three or four times now, always over a weekend or long weekend, and really liked it. I was always upgraded to the executive floor, which wasn't anything special, but that gets you breakfast vouchers and I really liked the breakfast. Good rooms, nice historic building in a great location.

Anyway, does anyone know if it is really going to Hilton? It isn't showing on the Curio openings page anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.