Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Martinique New York City

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:46 am

Just got back from a 4 night stay. Ill copy my response I posted on the Club Carlson Elite members experience page.
What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Martinque on Broadway

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Here for 2 days with my credit card and 2 days with my wifes credit card

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard and was upgraded to an executive level room which doesn't even show as an option to book online. It was on the club level floor, 2nd from top, but the room couldn't have been any bigger than a standard.

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Asked for early check in on on my notes but was not given that when i arrive. Late check out you have to ask that morning and i was given 1PM
In-Room Welcome Gift - Box of 4 chocolates

How are the rooms?
Small room, but probably normal for NYC standards. View is bad.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Goog location to NYC attrations and subways.
Bad:
Staff at front desk wasn't very helpful and didnt seem to know how to do their job very well
Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
I wouldn't probably pay the price to stay here, but then again i mostly have stays on points and with the 2 for 1 its a great deal. The location is nice, so if thats what you are looking for its a good fit.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Just completed a free three-night "Gold" reservation. I love the location. Right on Broadway, just off of Herald Square, a block from Macy's, a block from the Empire State Building, subway literally right outside the door. The hotel itself exudes old, but still on the good side of the "charming" line, IMO. The hotel is very heavily patronized by international flight crews. At several times, there were dozens in the lobby, arriving or awaiting their transportation, and they were lively conversing in the breakfast buffet room. I thought the breakfast buffet was fine, ample and kept replenished. The waitstaff really hustled to keep everyone in coffee, tea and juice.

I was not recognized as Gold at check-in, so I politely inquired about it: "Is this in as a Gold reservation?" The FD person seemed mildly surprised when she looked more closely at the screen. "Oh! Welcome! Here, I'll give you a nice room with a view on the 11th floor." (It looked across 32nd Street.) (I don't hope for a view in New York.) After waiting to see if it were offered, I asked if there were a breakfast privilege. She said she had to ask, and went in the back. "My manager gives permission." I received a voucher for the breakfast buffet on the mezzanine for one morning. I asked about two more. "Oh, of course!" Then, "Oh, here!" And she brought up a box of four chocolate truffles from under the counter. We were both genuinely pleasant the whole encounter.

The room was fine, modern, plump mattress, newish sheets, pillows, duvet cover, updated small bathroom with old tile and tub, very nice towels.

One huge problem: The central spiral staircase right across from the elevators is NOT a fire escape. At every level, the "fire exit" door from the elevator lobby opens all the way across the "escape". In the event, it will be awful. Fortunately, the hotel is fully fire sprinklered. I rarely talk about this here, but it matters absolutely in this case.

I definitely will go back. But I ask again: Should Radisson have a Gold Standard?

A tip, if you want to eat inexpensively: The Martinique is at the edge of a thriving, modern, young Korea Town on 32nd St. Many restaurants within steps. A variety of types, ranging from full service pricey to food court. A very nice dessert patisserie and cafe that's worth walking through just to look. An Asian grocery. In the food court: Several Asian traditions (sushi, ramen, Phở, rotisserie chicken, potstickers, kimchi, bobo tea, a specialty dessert place where everyone gets desserts which they put in the middle of their table and share). FWIW, I was the only grey head that I saw on the whole block...
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:18 pm

checked in this weekend as a Gold member since I have the CC credit card. They upgraded us to an executive room. We asked for breakfast vouchers and they gave them to us to use at the Martinique Cafe.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Filled out an online questionnaire from Javier Rosenberg, Chief Operating Officer, Radisson, and received an email response from Martinique GM Susan Anselona thanking me specifically for each compliment, and apologizing specifically for my issue.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
I stayed here recently (just before x-mas) as a CCG and was upgraded from my cheapest room reservation to some sort of club room on third floor. While being on the third floor doesn't give a great view, it is quite convenient as you can use the stairs rather than the painfully slow elevators. The room was large, with a sofa and chair and TWO bathrooms (although small as all bathrooms seem to be at this hotel - I have stayed here previously not as CCG).

The reception and concierge I found very helpful and accomodating - I had a number of taxi requests, bags to bring here and there, wine opener needed in room and whatnot. However, a word of warning is that the hotel is stupidly busy around checkout/checkin with a lot of flight crews and a lot of tourists arriving with multiple large bags. If you are in a hurry I suggest to drop luggage at concierge and check-in later (evening after say 6-7pm onwards was a lot more quiet).

All in all a pleasant experience at a great rate ($149+tax). The hotel is a bit dated and worn, but clean and friendly with decent service.

The location in Koreatown is excellent, during my time in NY I always come here for some interesting nights out, and the food is quite good in many of the places, and by NY standards not ridiculously expensive.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:14 pm

Just got back from a 4 night stay. Used 2 cards for 2 free night successfully. This is a solid mid tier hotel. Great location. Great getting something for nothing! We will definetly be back. If you park in there approved lot you get $10 off. I didn't know it existed. $177 for 4 days so be forewarned! You can park in Hoboken & take Path into Manhatten.

Gold

Booked standard and was upgraded to a club level room. Club level was worthless.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
In-Room Welcome Gift - Box of 4 chocolates
Breakfast - weird, was given free for 2 days, but not the other 2. Was denied twice, once by manager. Doesn't hurt to ask right LOL!

How are the rooms?
Small room, but probably normal for NYC standards. View is bad. Bath very small

Good:
Great location to NYC attrations and subways. Decent room by NYC standards.
Bad:
Doormen were awful. Bathroom too but I'm 6'3"
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:03 am

I stayed this past weekend and I just wanted to echo some of the earlier points about the breakfast vouchers.

When I checked in (CC gold) there was no mention of the breakfast vouchers, I had to ask. This is even more strange since my room rate INCLUDED breakfast. So I'm thinking maybe it's not that they are snubbing gold members, just that they are stingy on the breakfast certs (or not paying enough attention).

Also, a tip. For me at least, the paid "double points" rate was the exact same rate as the normal rate, with the same cancellation policy, so it was a complete no-brainer to book the double points rate. I think it might be a glitch in their system because I am still seeing it available like that for many dates in the future. There is a "CLUB CARLSON DOUBLE GOLD POINT" rate which is more expensive and then a "CLUB CARLSONDOUBLE GOLD POINTS" rate which is the same price as the regular room rate. Both of these include breakfast vouchers (make sure you ask for them....).

Example:
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:42 pm

Just got this in my inbox

10,000 Point Bonus Every Night for NYC (Radisson Martinique)
http://www.radisson.com/nyc_mega_points

10,000 Point Bonus Every Night

Have you ever wanted your NYC hotel stay to be more rewarding? Book your next stay at the Radisson Hotel Martinique and you’ll be MEGA rewarded! Book the exclusive Mega Points Promotion and get 10,000 bonus Gold Points® per night during each stay for all Club CarlsonSM members. These points are in addition to awarded Gold Points you already earn with each New York City stay. And with Club Carlson free night redemptions starting at 9,000 points, your next vacation is just around the corner!

Not a Club Carlson member? Want to dream about where your Gold Points will take you on vacation? Join today!

Perfectly located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, the Radisson Hotel Martinique is as convenient as it is rewarding. Featuring easy access to seven major subway lines and Penn Station, three restaurants and in the middle of New York City, you’ll find your perfect getaway.

The Mega Points Promotion features:

10,000 Gold Points awarded for each paid night for all Club Carlson members
Access to our fitness center, two hotel restaurants, concierge services and more
Free wireless Internet access
Overnight stay in convenient Mid-Town Manhattan

Terms and Conditions

Must book Mega Points promotion rate for bonus points
Must be a Club Carlson member to receive points
Guaranteed reservation is required
No cash value—not replaceable
Offer is based upon availability
Please allow up to 14 days for Club Carlson Gold Points to post to your account
Points will be posted after departure
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Just had a two night award stay for Valentines weekend which free'd up last minute

Gold

Booked standard, no upgrades. Tried nudging the reception but seemed at full capacity.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No
In-Room Welcome Gift - None
Breakfast - Had to request, received 2 at first and 2 additional later.

How are the rooms?
Small room, the room was not ready when we checked in. Empty water bottles, used mouthwash, towels in the bathtub.

Good:
Great location to NYC attractions and subways. By K-town for bars and restaurants. Breakfast was surprisingly good.

Bad:
Room was not properly cleaned out before we arrived.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by grinde
The room was pretty small, but hey, its NY
Most of the hotel rooms in NYC are pretty small until you get yourself to DoubleTree Suites TimeSquare.

Was thinking about booking rooms at this hotel but thought that CC hotels in the US are nothing special. Location was also a killer for me. Finally stayed at DT TimeSquare and visited this Radisson during my visit in NYC. I can say, I made the right decision
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I on the other hand got upgraded to a quite large room on an award stay as a Gold. YMMV
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a 4-night stay yesterday. 2 on 50K credit card redemption and 2 for cash. Parents stayed 3 nights for cash (in part to get the 38K bonus).

Arrived after midnight. Once again, no breakfast as Gold. They did "upgrade" us from the booked King to a room with 2 twins, after I called that morning and asked. So I cannot complain, as the King was the only standard redemption option when I booked, and I appreciated it. But the smallest hotel bathroom I have ever seen; no way for 2 of us to stand inside together and open door. Door cleared edge of toilet by about 1 inch.

Parents got little box of chocolates, we did not. Wi-fi worked fine on my iPhone, not on our laptops. Wife demanded a refund for the paid "upgraded" wi-fi. Business center behind FD with 7 computers on the internet and printers, never a problem getting a seat.

Even though they said they were full, never had to wait in line for help for more than minute or so. They seem pretty efficient at the FD. Cabs always at the door. Doormen have 10%-off coupons for Macy's (and probably other places).

My 80+-y.o. parents wished we'd stayed somewhere with more attractions within walking distance, like 57th Street or so. The nasty freezing cold windy weather did not help.

Tried a very good Korean handmade-noodle place across the street and just down a bit. $11 for soupy noodles with about 8 little dishes of pickled/marinated veggies. Great deal, I thought.

Nice little place "Speedy's" diagonally across Broadway for bagels, coffees, paninis, sandwiches, fruit, small salad bar. Very fast, pleasant service.

Duane Reed just a few steps N on Broadway around the corner with limited grocery items, beer, etc.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
...no breakfast as Gold...

...Parents got little box of chocolates, we did not...
It all tracks, except this part. Maybe the chocolates were a clue. Possible that parents got the "Gold" room that also might have garnered breakfast certs?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Firewind
It all tracks, except this part. Maybe the chocolates were a clue. Possible that parents got the "Gold" room that also might have garnered breakfast certs?
None of us got breakfast, but that's not part of Gold benefits, right?

I am Gold through credit card, parents are not. Rooms booked from our respective accounts.

No complaints from me.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:05 pm

Stayed last weekend for 2 nights with the 2nd night free from the credit card. As a gold, we got room on the 17th floor, which was very nice with a huge open common area with TV's, coffee, a water machine, apples, and toys for kids. No one offered any chocolates. I asked for breakfast coupons, but they said it was for Concierge only. In the end, the manager agreed to give us 2 coupons for the first night, but none for the 2nd night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.