Radisson Martinique New York City

Old Aug 22, 16, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Zero rooms available on points for entire September and October. I've never seen this before. We were able to book rooms with points over Christmas last year and spring break this year with no issues. Are September and October high convention months for New York City?
Old Aug 23, 16, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Namaste1 View Post
Zero rooms available on points for entire September and October. I've never seen this before. We were able to book rooms with points over Christmas last year and spring break this year with no issues. Are September and October high convention months for New York City?
Pretty busy.
Old Aug 27, 16, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by chistery View Post
Is this hotel due to change to a Hilton Curio?

http://news.curiocollection.com/index.cfm/page/11266

Upcoming Openings, 1st Quarter 2018

Martinique on Broadway New York Midtown, New York City, New York
Interesting. If you go to that page, the Martinique is no longer on the list.
Old Oct 15, 16, 10:15 am

Programs: AA, USAIR, SPG, HYATT, IHG
Hi

The Curio list doesn't show anything for any openings in 2018. I would like to know because I have a large spend that I would like to put on the card. I already earned my free room for 2017 (spent over 10k) and I don't want to put anything on this card if the Martinique is gone because then there is no where to stay with the free night.

Does anyone know anything more right now?

Thanks
GA
Old May 1, 17, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, B6 Mosaic
My wife and I completed a two night stay at this Radisson over the weekend. When we lived in NYC we used to joke about this hotel as a dumpy tourist trap, but the opportunity to use a free night cert and 70,000 points was too tempting to resist. While the hotel was unsurprisingly filled with European tourists, we had a great experience. The room was modern, spacious and most importantly fairly quiet despite facing 32nd St. They said no complimentary upgrades were available as a gold member, but they provided breakfast vouchers when we asked for them. Breakfast was really done right (organic hard boiled eggs, REAL scrambled eggs rather than powdered eggs, and fresh berries). Also left some nice chocolates in the room, and the entire staff (particularly the doormen) were great.

It will be a big loss for Radisson if this hotel becomes a Hilton.
Old Jun 2, 17, 2:49 pm

Completed a quick stay here, I asked and was granted a breakfast buffet voucher, was great. Used my E cert for stay. If you have two adults and you stay two nights on a 70k a night booking, would they normally give you one or both days breakfast vouchers or is it YMMV.
Old Apr 3, 18, 12:53 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Just saw they announced a new hotel in NYC (and one in Anaheim) that I started a new thread about. In the link I posted someone commented that the Martinique was leaving the Radisson portfolio. Is this a topic again or old hat since the last comment on it in this thread was from 2016?
Old Apr 3, 18, 2:16 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Marriott/SPG (New) Plat
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
In the link I posted someone commented that the Martinique was leaving the Radisson portfolio. Is this a topic again or old hat since the last comment on it in this thread was from 2016?
Hilton has started taking reservations for this property starting December 6, 2018:
Martinique on Broadway New York Midtown, Curio by Hilton
Old Apr 4, 18, 7:43 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by dw View Post
Hilton has started taking reservations for this property starting December 6, 2018:
Based on this I would assume the Mods might want to change the title of this thread to alert others of the hotels departure from RR.

I've never stayed there but it's never good to loose any options (especially in NYC). Thankfully the Cassa joined last year and I really enjoyed my stay there. I've already booked a reward stay at the Cassa for December. If anyone is interested in going to NYC, I would recommend booking the Cassa ASAP as it went down in category (50k per night) during the last adjustment BUT I would assume it will go back up with the departure of the Martinique.
Old Apr 30, 18, 7:27 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by dw View Post
Was just looking for a reservation in New York end of December and the Martinique is still showing as available for booking in the Radisson system. Very strange!
Old Jun 25, 18, 11:38 am

Programs: AA-PLAT (Lifetime); UA Silver; SPG PLAT; Marriott PLAT; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; CLUB CARL CONCIERGE
Just completed a 2 night stay Fri-Sun using my two credit card E cert for stay.
In summary the location of this hotel is excellent, but the stay is very average.
No Radisson recognition, no upgrade or welcome gift, assigned a standard king bed on 7th floor looking into courtyard (they stated it was better since it was quieter, and yes, it is very quiet). I had reserved 2 beds, and I was told hotel is sold out, room has a pull out sofa bed. End of story.
Rooms are basic, look recently renovated, carpet still has strong adhesive plastic smell. Bathroom is also new. They took on a minimalist contemporary style (aka, cheap materials that remind me of a Hampton or Fairflield inn). Free wifi, no pool, tiny gym. No fridge or microwave.

I had to come down and request breakfast vouchers per Platinum benefit, and surprisingly they gave me the 3 I requested for each night. Buffet is priced at $30! No wonder place was empty. Breakfast was a bit better than average since they had premade omelettes, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and eggs whites not made from powder.
This hotel is pretty average, but clean and comfortable, great location, subway stop adjacent to hotel's entrance.. Uber to/from LGA is $30.

It is nice to have an option in NY to use E-Certs, definitely not worth 70K or $300, can be found in price line for $150.
Personally, I would redeem in other hotels that have better views and facilities.
I was not charged the $15 resort fee.
Bell staff, Roberto, was super friendly, helping with directions, recommendations, seemed like he genuinely liked his job.
Old Jan 14, 19, 11:04 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Hotel is no longer part of RR so it might be a good idea to update the title of the thread! The departure was rumored for years and I guess the hotel finally did leave for Hilton as it is now part of the HH Curio collection.

https://curiocollection3.hilton.com/...UQQ/index.html