Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Martinique New York City

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:01 am

FFlash and Firewind

Booked it when the 2-4-1 devaluation was announced.

On points, 50k for 2 nights as Gold Member
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by metoo
Booked on 2 for 1 as Gold Member. Requested e standby upgrade:

$0
Extra per night
Value of
$75
per night
Martinique Club Level- 1 King Bed
Please enjoy a complimentary breakfast and includes access to the Executive lounge
Marble bathroom with tub, shower and vanity mirror
Club CarlsonSM upgrade
Requested

Been reading that you either get a nicer room or breakfast. Does this mean that I won't receive the room upgrade plus breakfast as noted for my request?
You can get both, but mention breakfast to get the vouchers while checking in if the check in person doesn't proactively offer them. In the hotel's computer system the upgraded rooms are called "Executive Rooms" and are on multiple floors, despite the Club Carlson site calling them Club Level.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:05 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Stayed 4 nights on points (booked prior to devaluation with 2 nights using my account and then on husbands, both Gold through the Credit cards) end of October. We were upgraded to 18th Floor "Executive" room (odd room, just wide enough for King bed, and a hall leading to tiniest bathroom that didn't allow door to open past the toilet). Moved down a floor second night after requesting room with a larger bathroom, to one that was marginally bigger (door made it to the other side of the toilet....), but bedroom was much longer and wider with room layout feeling more spacious too. We were given breakfast coupons for all days there, plus two drink coupons per night to use at their bar. Also two boxes of Belgian chocolates as gifts. Hotel was completely full/sold out while we were there. Tons of airline crews seen to be checking in and out at all hours too. Despite the busyness, we found most employees to be friendly and helpful. There is an interesting PGA display on the 2nd floor (the organization was officially started and paperwork signed in the building almost a 100 years ago). We found the location to be good and the beds comfortable (and of course the price was right!!). We liked having a coffee maker in the room too. SInce it is a historic hotel that has been renovated, each room is a bit different, so you won't get the sameness of other upmarket chain hotels. If you like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom, there is not a lot of space (single sink), but the shower pressure was good.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LHG
SInce it is a historic hotel that has been renovated, each room is a bit different, so you won't get the sameness of other upmarket chain hotels. If you like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom, there is not a lot of space (single sink), but the shower pressure was good.
Like you said, every room is different. After insisting to speak with the manager about upgrade availability, wee were upgraded to 18th Floor room with King and Sofa Bed. The sofa bed area was separated by a door to the main bedroom, and each area had its own TV. The bathroom was very large and easy to access. Coffee in the room was nice, but I liked the coffee in the 17th Floor lounge better.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Can anyone comment on the regular rates at this hotel?

I'm looking at staying there during Feb, and it's showing around $130 average a night, which seems like a very good deal from my research, especially in comparison to similar hotels. I normally stay at Hilton, but they are all $50+ more per night and the subway right outside is a big seller.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
At 130+tax it is very reasonable.

The hotel is not all that great and service can vary A LOT. If you are lucky you get a decent upgrade as Gold/Concierge with breakfast vouchers (which is not something to write home about).
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Thanks for the reply. I'm not really too fussed with service, as I'm not expecting service to be up to par in say, SE Asia.
Fingers crossed with an upgrade, but from reading through this forum, looks like most places don't get many perks/upgrades, which is why I'm really just going for value now, since most people note you don't get bumped up a room or two (HHonors Gold/Club Carlson Gold)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by metoo
FFlash and Firewind

Booked it when the 2-4-1 devaluation was announced.

On points, 50k for 2 nights as Gold Member
Man I missed those days, I was able to take advantage of this when it was still 2 for 1 award nights. They were doing some outside renovations when I went but was an nice stay in a great location
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Once again I try to book this hotel on points for a single night. Nothing.

Morbid curiosity led me to search the entire calendar, out to the end (well, I assume late 2018 is the end or close).

Not a single night available on points. Yet "no blackout dates on standard rooms." Wish some lawyer would set up a class action suit on stuff like this.

Or am I missing something?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Once again I try to book this hotel on points for a single night. Nothing.

Morbid curiosity led me to search the entire calendar, out to the end (well, I assume late 2018 is the end or close).

Not a single night available on points. Yet "no blackout dates on standard rooms." Wish some lawyer would set up a class action suit on stuff like this.

Or am I missing something?
Maybe they have set a minimum of nights needed to get an award reservation above one?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
Maybe they have set a minimum of nights needed to get an award reservation above one?
Possibly. I did try 5. Guess I will try 2, 3, and 4.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
@toomanybooks, I have not encountered this (in the past). Maybe a glitch? Same result over the phone?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
@toomanybooks, I have not encountered this (in the past). Maybe a glitch? Same result over the phone?
I have stayed there in the past on points, several times.

If you look at my previous posts, you can see I have had this problem on and off. Entire huge blocks of time w/o a single day available to check in.

I see availability, at least some, for other hotels like Chicago Rad Blu.

And I do not feel like calling.

Anyone else showing this?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:03 pm

Anybody know if they have fixed the elevator up-front that was broken for years? Or maybe they've just completely given up on it?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by medellinfein
Just checked in. Here on award booking. Looks like I am being charged an extra $17 per night. Anyone have a similar experience?
Yes, $17/night (or maybe it is now/soon going to be $18?) indeed. "Facilities fee" is what they may call it at check-in, even for award stays and others where such fee amount was not disclosed at time of booking.

And someone/something actually meddles with the reservations so that online they get changed to include $17/night when it was previously not there.

But when people check out on such bookings, they are often told there is nothing to pay. So still not sure what to make of this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 23, 2016 at 9:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.