Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 2013 Promo - Triple Points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Thanks. Found this right after I went up to my room and since this promo is good for stays registred until check-out, I am good
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:01 pm

2 Quick Qs re: Q1 Triple Points Offer
Hey All,

Couple quick Qs - any help much appreciated

1 - I've got 3 bookings upcoming (UK, France & Hungary) - Do I need to re-book?

2 - In Budapest I'm doing a stay 2 - get 1 night free promo at the hotel (still booked thru CC) - Do I get points?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:01 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ConsultantTraveller
2 Quick Qs re: Q1 Triple Points Offer
Hey All,

Couple quick Qs - any help much appreciated

1 - I've got 3 bookings upcoming (UK, France & Hungary) - Do I need to re-book?
your first question is answered in the promo's T&Cs@:-)

-
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:38 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
In case anyone needs to reference them after the promotion is over, here are the complete T&Cs from the confirmation page:

Terms and Conditions

You must be a Club CarlsonSM member to participate in the Triple Points promotion (“Promotion”). To be eligible to earn 40 Gold Points® per U.S. Dollar spent (“Bonus Points”) in addition to the standard 20 Gold Points per U.S. Dollar spent, members must register online for the Promotion, provide their Club Carlson number at the time of reservation or at check-in, and pay for a stay on a Gold Point eligible rate at participating Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, Park Inn by Radisson and Park Plaza® hotels worldwide beginning on or after January 8, 2013, and completed by March 15, 2013 (“Eligible Stays”). Bonus and standard Points are awarded based on the amount spent during an Eligible Stay on the room rate(s) and eligible food and beverage charged to your room, exclusives of any taxes, levies, charges and fees. Members only need to register once before March 15, 2013, but registration must be received in advance of the Eligible Stay or before checkout to qualify. Only one Club Carlson member account will be credited for each Eligible Stay.

The Promotion is subject to all Club Carlson terms and conditions. Club Carlson reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue Promotion without notice. Club Carlson is not responsible for any technical failures/interruptions, internet accessibility problems, incomplete or inaccurate registration information, or other errors of any kind that may affect your registration for this Promotion. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
In case anyone needs to reference them after the promotion is over, here are the complete T&Cs from the confirmation page:
Thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry but this is rubbish
we need the 50,000 or im not biting
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry but this is rubbish
we need the 50,000 or im not biting
This is a very good promo and still much more lucrative than what other hotel chains are offering during 1. Quarter. It is in no way rubbish!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Thanks. Found this right after I went up to my room and since this promo is good for stays registred until check-out, I am good
Hmm? I checked out from a 4 nights stay on the 8th, no triple points for me - what do you mean?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
This is a very good promo and still much more lucrative than what other hotel chains are offering during 1. Quarter. It is in no way rubbish!
+1
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
For those with regular stays, this is actually way better.... I prefere the triple points instead of receiving 50000 points for one stay and then nothing after...

Originally Posted by sohb
Hmm? I checked out from a 4 nights stay on the 8th, no triple points for me - what do you mean?
This promo only started on January 8th..... Did you register BEFORE check-out? Then you might be lucky to get the bonus for the last night but surely not for the nights before that!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
For those with regular stays, this is actually way better.... I prefere the triple points instead of receiving 50000 points for one stay and then nothing after...
Not sure I follow your logic there. You would have to have well over $1250 in stays just to make the equivalent of the 50,000 point bonus...not sure many people fall under that category. The 50000 points is clearly the better way to go for about 99% of the hotel staying population.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Not sure I follow your logic there. You would have to have well over $1250 in stays just to make the equivalent of the 50,000 point bonus...not sure many people fall under that category. The 50000 points is clearly the better way to go for about 99% of the hotel staying population.
His first sentence did say 'for those with regular stays'. That includes me - and I will get a much better haul from this promo than the 50,000 one.

For those without regular stays, the 50,000 promo would probably have been better. But if course we're stating the obvious here....
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:32 pm

In a fairly cheap hotel or regular hotel, 100 Euro or therefor 130 USD is not a whole lot. 10 nights should be easy within three months for a real frequent traveller...

Last year, I had close to 40 nights within these three months, so guess what promo I like better. This year it's going to be less but likely more then 10...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
1250$ only gets you 5 nights i an major city, business travelleres can easily rack up 20 nights in a 2 month periode, and while they might only be 1% of the population they have a far higher share of hotel nights.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
i need to stay in US for 8 nights, can i book 8 single reservations so i'll earn $ X 20 X 3 + 1000pts per online booking? obv. i will ask to concierge to merge them, during check in! ;-)

e.g.: if i book 8 days in a single reservation, i'll earn 710$ X 20 X 3= 42.600pts+1000 online booking= 43.600 Total
but if i book

88,75$ X 20 X 3=5325pts+1000 online booking pts= 6325 so 6325pts X 8= 50.600 TOTAL pts instead 43.600 (7.000 pts more!)

furthermore I'm CC Gold, how does it qualify for the Q1 2013 3xpts promo? there'are extra bonus? i think +10 pts per $ spent, (but I'm not sure!), so...:

88,75$ X 20 X 3 + 10= 6213pts + 2.000 (or 3000 promo) online booking= 8213 pts/night*8=65704 pts

am i wrong?

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jan 13, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.