Carlson properties added/gone

Old Dec 10, 12, 10:26 pm
ALW
Original Poster

Carlson properties added/gone

There used to be a sticky thread for posting new and gone properties, but I searched and couldn't find it, so sorry if this duplicates an existing thread.

I updated a list of properties that I keep, haven't updated in 2 years and see a couple of additions and deletions:

Added:
CI&S, Ashland VA
CI&S, Port Orange FL

Not there:
Radisson Newark, Carteret NJ
CI&S, Ft Myers FL

There also seemed to be a lot of price inflation, an awful lot of Cat 4 in my list where before there were only a couple.

It seems the "search by map" function is gone? It could be a real pain sometimes, but it was a way to find new properties in an area. Now if you don't give it a city with (or near) a property you get "no properties" (and it got stuck on that). No way to find new properties?

Thanks!
=aw
Old Dec 11, 12, 1:43 pm

Programs: SK EB*G
Radisson Dallas Central (University Park, near SMU) has rebranded to a Holiday Inn.
Old Dec 11, 12, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Radisson Opryland in Nashville is gone. Sounds like it is now a Marriott based on a recent review I read on TripAdvisor. I'm a little peeved here, since I booked a stay back on Oct 31 (checking in tomorrow) in order to get the Radisson 1 for 1 promotion for a free night cert. Doubting that I will get it now. I called Radisson to check the status of my reservation, and they said that I have to call the hotel directly and that they don't know if my res is still there. Based on that, I'm assuming I would not get any stay credit or my bonus night
Old Dec 14, 12, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
I'm fairly sure everyone at this point knows that the Radisson Lexington Avenue in New York City is gone to be rebranded a Marriott (HUGE blow to Carlson in NYC -- Time to open a Radisson Blu New York), but just in case...
Old Dec 16, 12, 9:55 am

Not really a removal or add, but rather a change in brands....the Radisson Suites in West Covina California is converting over to a Park Inn on December 29th, I believe.
Old Dec 17, 12, 3:51 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
A Howard Johnson in Markham, Ontario is rebranding into a Park Inn. Hotel says it may be Feb. before renovations are complete. I wonder what category it will be? CC website only says "coming soon"
Old Dec 17, 12, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20 View Post
Not really a removal or add, but rather a change in brands....the Radisson Suites in West Covina California is converting over to a Park Inn on December 29th, I believe.
WHaaaaaAAAATTTTT????? Nooooooooo!!!

That's my hotel!!!

This sucks!
Old Dec 18, 12, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00 View Post
WHaaaaaAAAATTTTT????? Nooooooooo!!!

That's my hotel!!!

This sucks!
actually Im staying there tomorrow night but think its great news. Now theer are 3 different brands with the Rad and CIS by ONT. Not many Park Inns aroun dto score the promos on
Old Dec 18, 12, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by craz View Post
actually Im staying there tomorrow night but think its great news. Now theer are 3 different brands with the Rad and CIS by ONT. Not many Park Inns aroun dto score the promos on
I've stayed there a few months back. And I agree, three different CC brands in the LA area could come in handy with a future promo. I wonder if it is staying a cat 2 hotel.
Old Dec 19, 12, 6:52 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by ALW View Post
There used to be a sticky thread for posting new and gone properties, but I searched and couldn't find it, so sorry if this duplicates an existing thread.
This isn't the new and gone Sticky you were looking for but it is a post listing future locations for all the brands which might be useful in locating new properties.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...ion-lists.html
Old Dec 19, 12, 3:10 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Park Inn - Schaumburg IL location is no longer part of Club Carlson. Property is now branded a Best Western.
Old Dec 19, 12, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ALW View Post
Thanks for starting the thread! Here's a list of the posts so far:

Added:
CI&S, Ashland VA
CI&S, Port Orange FL
Park Inn (Feb 2013), Markham ON (Toronto suburb)

Change:
West Covina, CA: Radisson Suites changing to Park Inn

Not there:

Radisson Newark, Carteret NJ
CI&S, Ft Myers FL
Radisson Dallas Central (University Park, near SMU) has rebranded to a Holiday Inn.
Radisson Opryland in Nashville is gone.
Radisson Lexington Avenue in New York City is gone to be rebranded a Marriott
Park Inn - Schaumburg IL: no longer part of Club Carlson

... including my new entry...
Park Inn Toronto: gone independent
Old Dec 19, 12, 5:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Radisson Kingston gone Delta Spring 2013

"Delta Hotels and Resorts announced its expansion in Eastern Ontario with a new property, the Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel slated to open in spring 2013"....was the Radisson Kingston and an excellent waterfront location.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1057...ty-in-kingston
Old Dec 20, 12, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A GM told me today that Whittier and Buena Park are going to be history

Last edited by craz; Dec 20, 12 at 8:43 pm
Old Dec 20, 12, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by craz View Post
A GM told me today that Whittier and Buena Vista are going to be history
You mean Buena Park, right? Buena Vista is an Orlando property.

If both those properties go, it's another blow for Carlson...not having any presence in the Disneyland/Anaheim resort area is pretty ridiculous for any US chain. (not counting Newport Beach, which is far enough away to consider it outside that area).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: