Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carlson properties added/gone

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by craz
A GM told me today that Whittier and Buena Vista are going to be history
I just stayed at the Whittier property. They are in the middle of a complete room renovation. Shouldn't they have waited to do that after any change in brand, since some brands are quite specific as to what a room should look like and have in it?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A GM told me today that Whittier and Buena Vista are going to be history
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
You mean Buena Park, right? Buena Vista is an Orlando property.

If both those properties go, it's another blow for Carlson...not having any presence in the Disneyland/Anaheim resort area is pretty ridiculous for any US chain. (not counting Newport Beach, which is far enough away to consider it outside that area).
Ouch, Buena Park (Radisson Suites) is also the one I prefer over the Newport Beach one. The Newport Beach one nickels and dimes ridiculously, and had deceptive billing practices (that I outlined in another thread after my stay there), so I'm not eager to return there again. I used the Buena Park for the second Radisson promo. I don't know, if Buena Park leaves, where I'd do another Radisson promo (given not liking how Newport Beach operates).
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Ouch, Buena Park (Radisson Suites) is also the one I prefer over the Newport Beach one. The Newport Beach one nickels and dimes ridiculously, and had deceptive billing practices (that I outlined in another thread after my stay there), so I'm not eager to return there again. I used the Buena Park for the second Radisson promo. I don't know, if Buena Park leaves, where I'd do another Radisson promo (given not liking how Newport Beach operates).
How about the Rad @ ONT, used to be a Marriott

He panned the Rad by USC as well

havent stayed there but heard NB was a very nice property, but then what Hotel isnt when compared to the vast majority of Rads. On the other hand I love the CIS's way better then Fairfield Inns or Hamptons
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
You mean Buena Park, right? Buena Vista is an Orlando property.

If both those properties go, it's another blow for Carlson...not having any presence in the Disneyland/Anaheim resort area is pretty ridiculous for any US chain. (not counting Newport Beach, which is far enough away to consider it outside that area).
My BAD, thanks for catching that and I corrected my post
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I just stayed at the Whittier property. They are in the middle of a complete room renovation. Shouldn't they have waited to do that after any change in brand, since some brands are quite specific as to what a room should look like and have in it?
Could be they still are going and what they are doing is inline with the new chain, or they can be going Independent as many Hotels are.Or he knew they werent going to spend the money they had to,to stay with CC and the owners changed their minds. Only time will tell. (I was at the Rad Cateret, NJ a couple of yrs ago and they said after 1/1 they were switching to Mariott, that never happened and they did finally leave CC and today are a ES (Executive Suites by Somerset) sort of a new Independent chain)Pt is in this biz what is agreed to today will be reversed tomorrow

He told me where he used to be the GM and why they left that chain. Usually its either they arent getting enough people booking via the chains website so why pay all the Fees with being with that group. Or the Exec level wants them to pour millons into fixing the place up and they just dont see enough of areturn on their money to spend it
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Based on this thread we should add the Grand Lucayan to the "gone" list.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...d-no-show.html
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:56 pm

actually Im staying there tomorrow night but think its great news. Now theer are 3 different brands with the Rad and CIS by ONT. Not many Park Inns aroun dto score the promos on
This.

I've stayed at Rad Covina many times. It's good to see Park Inn in So. Cal. Now I just hope they upgrade their WiFi service there.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:03 pm

A GM told me today that Whittier and Buena Park are going to be history

I really hope this doesn't happen. If both these properties go off CC, there won't be many Rad's left in the LA area. (only ones I can think of is LAX, USC, ONT, NB..with Covina changing to Park Inn) Plus, these two usually had the best rates around the area.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

Park Inn Chemnitz-Hartmannsdorf
Am Berg 3,
D 09232 Hartmannsdorf
Chemnitz

the hotel will be closed on 25.12.2012

I called today the park inn chemnitz but was connected to park inn erfurt-apfelstaedt.
I asked why I couldnīt to any booking at both websides - clubcarlson and park inn. - no hint, no message.
so the front desk from park inn erfurt told me that the hotel will close tomorrow - not sure for ever or for renovation (the park inn chemnitz was open 1991 as a country inn and suites)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by schauschun
Park Inn Chemnitz-Hartmannsdorf
Am Berg 3,
D 09232 Hartmannsdorf
Chemnitz

the hotel will be closed on 25.12.2012

I called today the park inn chemnitz but was connected to park inn erfurt-apfelstaedt.
I asked why I couldnīt to any booking at both websides - clubcarlson and park inn. - no hint, no message.
so the front desk from park inn erfurt told me that the hotel will close tomorrow - not sure for ever or for renovation (the park inn chemnitz was open 1991 as a country inn and suites)
I always wanted to visit that property. They apparently provided a free breakfast buffet for all of their guests, like the Park Inn Vienna does. It is 20 years since their opening, so it could be a major renovation. It is the slow season.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
actually Im staying there tomorrow night but think its great news. Now theer are 3 different brands with the Rad and CIS by ONT. Not many Park Inns aroun dto score the promos on
Very True. I didn't realize that! No more driving up to Fresno! I actually lost 50,000 GP last summer promo due to not having one of these in the hood.

Although, The other one close to ONT can be pricey though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.