FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1395367-radisson-blu-plaza-sydney.html)

MSPpete Oct 8, 2012 10:09 am

Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney

Anyone have a recent stay to report?
Gold upgrades, staff, food, etc?

I will be staying here for a week in December and will have plenty of time to walk around the area and sightsee.

Thanks in advance.

aarato Oct 14, 2012 5:45 am

Staff is great. I did not get upgraded. The hotel has great location right in the middle of the action.
We had breakfast and dinner there and both were great though the sinner portions a bit small. The breakfast spreads are great.

MSPpete Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks for the info!
Happy Travels.

Seat27A Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Will be staying there in Dec and have booked a rate without breakfast.

Does anyone know how much they charge and if it is is worth it?

MVF Trekker Oct 31, 2012 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Seat27A (Post 19567309)
Does anyone know how much they charge and if it is is worth it?

Check the Radisson's site or other similar hotel sites for the prices. And as for the latter, only you can determine that.

Seat27A Nov 2, 2012 8:51 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker (Post 19597060)
Check the Radisson's site or other similar hotel sites for the prices. And as for the latter, only you can determine that.

Well I was hoping for some real experiences.... Could not find any info on prices.

MVF Trekker Nov 2, 2012 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Seat27A (Post 19610904)
Well I was hoping for some real experiences.... Could not find any info on prices.

How can you not find any "info on prices?" You can get the rates on any website, including Radisson's. They vary depending on the room type, dates desired and availability. You used that to determine if it's worth for you.
For instance, paying $350/night may be ok for some but not for others. If you want people's opinions of the property, then search for that. There are review sites out there including this one, to some extent.

Private Pyle Nov 2, 2012 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker (Post 19612641)
How can you not find any "info on prices?" You can get the rates on any website, including Radisson's. They vary depending on the room type, dates desired and availability. You used that to determine if it's worth for you.
For instance, paying $350/night may be ok for some but not for others. If you want people's opinions of the property, then search for that. There are review sites out there including this one, to some extent.

I think he meant how much does breakfast cost ;)
You look a bit silly now :p

MVF Trekker Nov 2, 2012 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle (Post 19613523)
I think he meant how much does breakfast cost ;)
You look a bit silly now :p

That can be found on the Radisson's site as well. They have the outlets from which you can get breakfast and even have the menu and prices for one of them. You can google the rest or go to review sites like TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.
Continental breakfast is complimentary if you have Concierge status.

thegrailer Nov 4, 2012 10:38 pm

But 3 replies of criticism rather than providing the info :confused:

Menu

Overview
Continental Breakfast = $29
Hot Buffet w/ Coffee or tea = $35
A la Carte - you are going to have to look at those yourself.

No experience eating here so I can't offer an opinion as to whether the food is worth the cost but I wouldn't pay $35 for breakfast.

Have a good trip

Cheers

MSPpete Dec 2, 2012 12:32 pm

See other thread for review

I posted a review on thread
FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Programs > Club Carlson
Please post your Club Carlson Elite experiences

Post #83.

ayodeji13 Dec 3, 2012 8:56 am

they have the best pillows and great pillow selection.

i'm serious.

aarato Dec 3, 2012 9:55 pm

Kids have 50 percent off of breakfast

geeprice Dec 5, 2012 1:02 am

Originally Posted by thegrailer (Post 19625377)
But 3 replies of criticism rather than providing the info :confused:

Menu

Overview
Continental Breakfast = $29
Hot Buffet w/ Coffee or tea = $35
A la Carte - you are going to have to look at those yourself.

No experience eating here so I can't offer an opinion as to whether the food is worth the cost but I wouldn't pay $35 for breakfast.

Have a good trip

Cheers

I think that may be out of date, as I remember it been $47 for the full, and maybe $35 for the continental when I stayed there back in July, but I could be wrong as it was comped for me and my +1 based on my CC status.

jhflyer May 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney - May 2013 stay

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney in May 2013 using Carlson points. As a gold, received early check-in and a room upgrade. I contacted the hotel ahead of my stay with my needs, which were met very well. I only have good things to say about the front desk staff who genuinely seemed eager to please guests. I did not eat at the hotel (was just there for a night) so I cannot comment about that.