Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson Hotel Group | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson hotel distributing Passport copies to staff

Radisson hotel distributing Passport copies to staff

Old Sep 25, 12, 5:40 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

I agree that you are being over-paranoid here. Unless you had your social security number on it, I don't see what harm anyone could do with a photocopy of your passport.

Hotels make copies of guests' passports all the time. When no longer needed, they might re-use the back of the page.

This reminds me of a Chinese friend who visited a while ago and asked "why do Americans shred everything"? Americans are far more concerned about identity theft than most other countries.
Old Sep 25, 12, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84 View Post
Did you save the photocopy with the writing? I'm sure there must be some FTers here who can read Arabic (or whatever language it was).
Yes, yes, tell us what it said.
Certainly someone at the desk, or elsewhere (even online) could provide a translation.
This should help determine what was going on - someone scribbling notes, using it for scratch paper, or something nefarious! (ooooh)
Old Sep 26, 12, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cbn42 View Post
Hotels make copies of guests' passports all the time. When no longer needed, they might re-use the back of the page.
Hotels? Try Teheran (IKA) immigration (visa on arrival) The visa application is double sided, mine was already filled in on one side by a previous pax, I filled in the empty side.

(BTW - easy as anything, 25 min from arrival to the visa desk to curbside - all this with just a passport, no invitation, no nothing. (OK, I had a hotel booking) AFAIK US and UK passports are not eligible for VoA
Old Sep 26, 12, 5:53 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I would agree with above posters saying not to bother replacing the passports.

All that would be effectively achieved is a change of the passport number when you get a new one. And what is your passport number used for? Not much.

Unless I am missing something.
Old Sep 27, 12, 2:04 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, HI Spire, SPG gold, Marriott Gold, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
On my last trip to Spain and Italy I gave my Passport card to anyone who asked for a Passport (except airlines and border entry) and that seemed to be OK. Hotel and train were fine with the card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: