Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get 25,000 points with our 25 For 25 Event

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Get 25,000 points with our 25 For 25 Event

Thanks. Makes me feel a little better. Wonder if CC is getting overwhelmed by all the promos and can't keep up. Also about 1000 points short on the Look Book promo.

In addition, I haven't gotten e-mail confirmation for any of the latest promos, and didn't even get an e-mail about the Radisson 1-for-1 promo at all.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
This promo is already over but it's worthy to note that it's cheaper to buy the points directly from CC with their current 50% bonus promotion.
Right now, you can get 30K points for $140. If you had spent the same amount ($70 per night) staying at one of their properties, you would've only gotten a little over 25K points. And that's assuming your stay would've cost that much. Some of the lowest 25x25 rates were starting at around $60-70 before taxes but others were much higher.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
This promo is already over but it's worthy to note that it's cheaper to buy the points directly from CC with their current 50% bonus promotion.
Right now, you can get 30K points for $140. If you had spent the same amount ($70 per night) staying at one of their properties, you would've only gotten a little over 25K points. And that's assuming your stay would've cost that much. Some of the lowest 25x25 rates were starting at around $60-70 before taxes but others were much higher.
Sometimes these bonuses make sense only if you are actually traveling and decide to use the product, so that it is in fact a bonus and not something you are trying to make a profit on.

I got my two-night stay on a $118 per night room rate. I was happy paying roughly $250 for two nights and getting the 25,000 bonus points because I needed to stay somewhere, so the points were free to me. I don't view it as having paid $250 for the points, I view it as having stayed at a hotel where I needed to say and receiving a free bonus of 25,000 points.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
win-win

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
, I view it as having stayed at a hotel where I needed to say and receiving a free bonus of 25,000 points.
Same thing. I need a two night stay and there was a CI&S near my work site. Paid less and got more amenities than my colleagues who stayed at the Hyatt, though they were closer and in a nicer hotel.

I suppose that's what CI&S was looking for. While my family enjoys CI&S, this was my first business stay. Given the way my travel budget keeps getting tighter, it may not be the last.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:11 pm

Arrow

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I think it is far more accurate to say that it is not a good promo if I don't actually have a 2 night stay anywhere and have to fork out $160 for 25000 points. If you have a 2 night stay coming up somewhere where there is a competitively priced Country Inn and the extra dollars you pay = $40 then its a very good promo.
Very true! We were given free DisneyWorld passes for this past weekend, and planned on going to Orladno anyway. The 25 for 25 rate at the Orlando CI & S was $14- per night above and beyond the basic rate ($74 vs. $60).

Essentially it cost us $15- a night more, including tax, to earn: the 25K points, plus the 1000K points to go through the CC website, plus an extra 1400 points per night for the actually room rate, [74 x 20], plus a 2000 room bonus for a stay this particular weekend...
Total: $30 outlay for 32,800 points. Not bad for a trip we were planning to take, regardless,and a free breakfast, to boot.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by megalab
I suppose that's what CI&S was looking for. While my family enjoys CI&S, this was my first business stay. Given the way my travel budget keeps getting tighter, it may not be the last.
My wife stayed at the CI&S in New Orleans four or five months ago as part of the stay once get 50,000 points deal. I don't think she had ever stayed at one before. The New Orleans CI&S is actually a boutique hotel located between Canal and Poydras on Magazine. My wife loved it and it is now her preferred New Orleans hotel, although she has trouble booking it because it is often full.

That's exactly what promotions are supposed to do.

p.s. It really is a nice hotel and I recommend it to anyone. If you stay there, try the Bon Ton Cafe next door. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the world.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:57 am

Look Book hotel

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
My wife stayed at the CI&S in New Orleans four or five months ago ...

p.s. It really is a nice hotel and I recommend it to anyone.
I recall it was one of the featured hotels in one of the Look Books. Did look very nice. I'll keep it in mind as we look for our next family get away.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:40 pm

25k said to post Monday

Originally Posted by cruisr
Finished my 25/25 stay last week. Basic points, 50% gold bonus and 2k web booking bonus posted but not the 25k bonus. Called and CSR said I need to wait 6-8 wks. However I recall bonuses always posting with the stay post. Any one have any thoughts?
Same situation here. Got all the "basics" but not the 25K bonus. I'll wait a few days and then call if nothing appears. It seems that it is YMMV as someone upthread posted he got the 25K at the same time as his basic points posting.
Got a PM soon after my post advising to call CS. Finally did and they said there should be a sweep this weekend and then they should post.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
The promo email says that the stay must start(?) or is it end(?) on/before Oct. 14.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:35 pm

still haven't posted

... they said there should be a sweep this weekend and then they should post.
Weekend passed and points didn't post. CS said they saw the points poised in my account but there was a technical glitch holding it up. Said to wait 6-8 weeks for it to post. Not cool.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Diamond, CC Gold Elite, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Finally!

Points posted today...after staying at a CIS from 9/17-9/19

Posted Date Type Description Points Total Points

Nov 02 2012 Earn Promotion Points - Country Inns 25 for 25 Point Bonus 25,000
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: ClubCarlson Concierge, Marriot Rewards Platinum, Priorityclub Platinum, A3*G, LH_SEN, Hertz PC
Same here:

Nov 02 2012 Earn Promotion Points - Country Inns 25 for 25 Point Bonus 25,000
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:27 pm

finally posted

Weekend passed and points didn't post. CS said they saw the points poised in my account but there was a technical glitch holding it up. Said to wait 6-8 weeks for it to post. Not cool.
Finally posted on Friday, a month after my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.