Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Old Mill Hotel, Belgrade

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked business class room, got an upgrade to executive suite (without access to executive lounge).

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Yes, I checked-in at 11:15 and checked-out at 16:00 without any issue.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, raspberry liquor, dried raspberries and doughnuts. All items were excellent in taste.

How are the rooms?
Well designed, spacious and with very comfortable bed - I usually find beds at Radisson Blu hotels to be too soft, but this one was perfect.

What was good and what was bad?
I loved hotel design. Restaurant and bar are top-notch - every meal and drink I've had (and I've had quite a few) was delicious. They serve perfect local craft beer and excellent cocktails.
The only bad thing is that they allow smoking in the hotel bar. Most people weren't smoking so it wasn't significant while being there, but expect your clothes and hair to stink once you leave the bar.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
I will not even think of booking anything else next time I'm in Belgrade. This may be one of top 10 RHG properties.

Last edited by the810; Mar 5, 2018 at 2:38 pm
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Park Inn, Keflavík, Iceland

Gold (I have been Concierge for 8 years+ but deliberately didn’t requalify after the removal of 4for2/2for1 benefits)

Where did you stay?

Park Inn by Radisson, Keflavík, Iceland.

Yes

Booked standard room without breakfast and got upgrade to junior suite without breakfast.

• Complimentary Room Upgrade: Yes
  • Early Check In/Late Check Out: Not required
  • In-Room Welcome Gift: I was given a little amuse-bouche of chocolate and berries.

How are the rooms?

Spacious and quiet at end of floor

Room was comfortable and staff very helpful. I forgot the European adaptor so they let me charge my power bank with a USB lead from their computer.

The hotel is an old style dated Park Inn but I got a decent meal in the restaurant. The bad point is getting here. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the airport but only on departure. I got a taxi for the 3km journey and it took me 5 minutes but cost 4,200 ISK (Ł30, €34, $42) which is extremely expensive. There is a shuttle service to Keflavík hotels from the airport once an hour costing 1,000 ISK but you have to book it online in advance at www.shuttle.is.

I got a points and cash deal which was good value I find Park Inns don’t always recognise status but they did here.

Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu St Julian's, Malta

No.

Booked Deluxe with sea view, got Deluxe with sea view.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Checked in early after a bit of a wait. Was denied lale checkout as the hotel is "fully booked", while at the same time rooms of my room type are still bookable through their site.
In-Room Welcome Gift - No, unless a small bottle of water is their idea of the gift.

How are the rooms?
Nice and fresh looking, but not well maintained. Sink took half an hour to drain, bin lid broken, etc.

Staff appear nice and friendly and rooms look fresh overall, but that's where the good things end.

Will go for another chain in Malta next time if my stay is such that I may need to use elite benefits. This hotel appears to have zero status recognition and consider even the guaranteed benefits optional.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:44 pm

Gold

Where did you stay?
Park Plaza Riverbank London

Not at all.

Booked executive double room, got... well, at first I got what was supposed to have executive double room but didn't actually have features that were described on the website, so I returned to the front desk that claimed that it indeed is executive double room. I pointed out missing features, receptionist didn't seem to know what to do about that. Eventually, after contacting manager she offered me to change the room later during the day, which I declined (I really needed to rest and not to keep moving around). They could not offer me anything else, so I suggested they find me a twin room which actually fulfils the description on the website and they did (well, to some extent - some things were still missing, but not the ones I cared about). But I still got smaller bed, so it was a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No.
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Early check-in not needed. I inquired about late check-out at check-in and was told it should be possible, but I need to reconfirm it in the morning. After the mess with the rooms I didn't and just left first thing in the morning, so I don't really know if they would provide it.
In-Room Welcome Gift - No.
Also no one did at any point recognise the status.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are nice, although keep in mind that most have "view" towards the next building so they sort of lack privacy, unless you close the curtains.

Hard product is good, service fails (at least in my case). To add insult to injury, I got a feedback form in my e-mail, described all the issues (room issue, no elite recognition and one more detail that's not really relevant here) and never got any feedback, even though most RHG properties do reply to these forms. They don't seem to be capable of even saying they're sorry.

Costing just over 100 GBP it's not a bad value for money in London. But DoubleTree was similar price (maybe extra 10-15 pounds) for my dates and they are in completely different league. I will not return to Park Plaza Riverbank and in a retrospective, I regret I did not leave to another property after the mess up with rooms.
Very disappointing experience, particularly after excellent ones I've had recently in Belgrade and Riga.

Old May 23, 2018, 6:06 am

Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Olumpia, Tallinn

Yes. This was my third stay and I love this property.

I booked standard room and got superior room. Although to be honest, I liked standard room that I got last year more than superior room I got this time.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes.
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Early check-in not requested. On check-out I requested 1 PM (2 hours late) via One Touch App and got it.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, some snacks.
Two bottles of water - Yes and I also got two bottles on each day of the stay.

How are the rooms?
Nice and comfortable. Note that some rooms don't have "private enough" bathroom, so make sure to drop a message to hotel if you don't want a window between bathroom and bedroom.

Good: Hard product, breakfast quality and choice (I also presume other food in hotel is great as well, based on some small things I've had in the bar). Excellent recognition of Radisson Rewards membership and regular guest at this particular property at check-in.
Bad: Some staff can be a bit cold but there wasn't any major issue with that - just standard Estonian attitude Public transportation options are not ideal (but it got significantly better since opening of tram line to the airport).

Yes, night rate was somewhere around 90 euros which is excellent for this kind of hotel.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:13 am

Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Seaside, Helsinki

Yes.

I booked standard room and got very spacious superior room.

Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not requested.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, coupons for free drinks at the bar.
Two bottles of water - No, they didn't seem to get the memo yet But I didn't pursue this any further, Finnish tap water is more than fine.

How are the rooms?
Superior room we got was very spacious with comfortable bed (not the traditional Blu ultrasoft bed). Bathroom was also very large. Good experience.

Good: Room, pillow menu, hotel design (I love the way they design new Blu properties in Nordics, this property reminded me of Riverside Gothenburg). Location is excellent for access to western port and has some nice public spaces. Also, we've found the bar to be very reasonably priced for Finland.
I didn't have any real issue during my stay.

Yes, this was an excellent price for Helsinki and property is excellent. I presume upgrade did help - judging by emergency plan in the room it seems regular rooms are significantly smaller.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
@the810

haha, your tap water comment was nice. It varies in places, but all good to drink, especially in Helsinki it is not bad at all and saves you bucks...

Blu Seaside is a deal in fact, when not sky-high demand, the prices are very low most often, and location is much miuch better than most people think (i.e. most people tend to book city centre hotels at first)
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum, BA Gold
Platinum

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Nice, France

No.

Booked standard room with request for room on high floor. Got an accessible room on 2nd floor overlooking a skip and a rather questionable park where the local tramps seem to frequent.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - So I'm told.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Some lavender sweets, horrible so binned
Two bottles of water - Only after requesting these.

How are the rooms?
Rooms appear to have been recently upgraded. Comfy beds and good double glazing (this hotel is on a very busy main room so this was a real plus)

The hotel itself was ok but I don't think I'll return for the following reasons:
  • Location - Great for the airport however it's quite far from the main town centre which is nice to walk to during the day but you'll want to get a taxi back in the evening.
  • Prices - Nice is not a cheap place to visit and this hotel is no exception. €5.50 for a small bottle of still water from the mini-bar. €10 for a draft beer at the bar and if you want to use the hotels private beach (owned and operated by them), they will charge you €16 for use of a sunbed, even as a guest of the hotel.
  • Breakfast - Continental style breakfast with additional option to order items from the kitchen such as an Omelette, however they charge you extra for this (standard breakfast is already €23 - I got mine for free). It's also slightly chaotic in the fact they don't show you to a table, it's a complete free for all and you need to find a table first because there are no mugs at the coffee machine, so you need to take the one from the table. Several times we came back to find someone sat at a table we had already been using (even when we left a jacket on the seat!)
  • Brand loyalty - Having been a Platinum/Concierge member consistently for about 8 years now (all gained through stays, no credit card etc) this was by far the worst experience in terms of status recognition. It felt like they were just box ticking and really missed the point of the loyalty scheme. Telling me the accessible room I was given on 2nd floor, with no view other than a dirty park was better than the one I booked is really not acceptable when they boast about beautiful sea views on their website. Telling me that the hotel was full but if I wanted to pay for an upgrade they could find me a better room. Having to ask for bottled water and then being refused food discount because it was not valid at the beach restaurant.
I should point out that since I was getting nowhere with the reception staff, I contacted the area director Lionel Servant, who's details were on the welcome card, to raise my disappointment with the room. Whilst I never did receive a response from him, the hotel manager got in touch to resolve the room issue. However before doing so, he also felt the need to point out to me that the room I was given was in fact an upgrade to the one I booked.

Definitely not. Plenty of better hotels much closer to the centre of Nice.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Martinique on Broadway, NY

Platinum

Where did you stay?
Radisson Martinique on Broadway, NY

Yes,

Booked a standard room and received standard room (upgrade to better , renovated room according to front desk)

- Room upgrade: ?
- Early Check In: N/A
- Late Check Out: Not needed
- In-Room Welcome Gift: 2 bottles of water is the hotel's ammenity
-Breakfast - Yes, priced at $30pp!

How are the rooms?
Basic, but new

What was good, what was bad?
Good: location,

Bad: Bare bones hotel, no views, no pool, no lounge with food or drinks.

Value for money? Would you return?
Depends, NY hotels are expensive, this hotel has great location, but is very basic. Not worth 70K. I used E-Cert, so ok.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:43 am

Cassa NYC (45th Street)

Gold

Where did you stay?
Cassa NYC 45th Street

No.

Booked Studio Suite, was DOWNGRADED to regular King room (by the way, the room I received would've cost 50k points; I had paid 75k to reserve the Studio Suite. having asked twice, hotel staff said there was no one on duty that could refund me the difference in points. How long do i hound the hotel before I go to corporate?). Checked in late (11pm); may have had something to do with it.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No.
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Didn't request.
In-Room Welcome Gift - 3 bottled waters.

How are the rooms?
Very nice.

Room was lovely - didn't try any other facilities (short stay).

If a regular room would suffice, sure. But games are clearly played with room types here. Also, despite what website says, I was told that most of the suites (except the "Cassa Suite" type) do NOT have sofa beds.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:25 am

Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Krakow

Yes.

I booked standard room and got business class room. Having previously stayed at this property in standard room, I can confirm that this was a nice upgrade - room was located in part of hotel with extended floor layout, making room larger.

In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, beer and assorted nuts.
Two bottles of water - Yes, every day.

How are the rooms?
Nice, comfortable and spacious.

Good: Location (at the edge of city centre but still with great transportation options), room, elite treatment.
Bad: Breakfast was "meh". Water pressure in shower was a bit low (consistent issue in all Polish RHG properties - I have no idea why).

Value is good, hotel is very nice and reasonably priced. I would (and will) stay there again.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:31 am

Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Gdansk

Yes.

Booked standard room, got business class room. It was very nice spacious room at the end of corridor (something I craved after previously staying right next to elevator in certain non-RHG property).

Early Check In/Late Check Out - Requested 5 PM check-out and got it.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, popcorn, nuts and very tasty spicy crisps.

How are the rooms?
Excellent.

Good: Room, room and room. Also location and craft beer bar across the street
Bad: Basically nothing.

Good value, I would stay there again if I'm back to Gdansk (which I hope I will be, it's lovely place ).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:37 am

Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Sobieski, Warsaw

Sort of. I have kind of love-hate relationship with this hotel.

I booked standard room and got junior suite.

In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, fruit platter.

How are the rooms?
OK. Nothing to write home about but good.

It's well-managed property with excellent restaurant but it struggles with the "hardware", so on both my stays so far, there were some minor issues. However, the hotel is slowly being renovated so it should gradually get better.

It's pretty cheap for excellent location in Warsaw. I will return.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:34 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Gold

Where did you stay?
Park Inn By Radisson Kaunas

Yes, I was happy.

I booked junior suite with points, got junior suite with french balcony.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Sort of.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, fruit platter and water. On second day I got snack box and 2 bottles of local beer.
Two bottles of water - Yes

How are the rooms?
OK. Bed was comfortable.

Location was good and I liked complimentary parking. On the street is construction going on so during daytime there is noise but that is not hotels problem.

Good value for points. Rate also included breakfast. I would return if I am in Kaunas.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:39 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Hotel, Klaipeda

Yes, I was happy.

I booked business class room with points. Received junior suite.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, fruit platter and extra water.
Two bottles of water - Yes

How are the rooms?
Comfortable.

Location was good in Klaipeda. Staff was friendly. I liked breakfast where was possible to order different pancakes. Complimentary parking was also nice bonus.

Good value for points. I booked room before category change. I would return if I am in Klaipeda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.