Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
What is your Club Carlson status?
Platinum

Where did you stay?
Radisson RED Aarhus

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard and got junior suite (or so they call it)

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes.
Complimentary Breakfast - Yes.

Early Check In - Not requested.
Late Check Out - Not requested.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Nope.

How are the rooms
Just like with my previous post where the suite wasn't a suite, this time the junior suite wasn't a junior suite 😂 There was no seating/living area, just some lounge chairs that I usually get in standard rooms.

The room was large though and the bathroom was awesome! I'm definitely not disappointed but Danish Radissons need to get their act together in regards to how they market their rooms - if I'd book this as a junior suite, I would be a bit angry.

Also, TV was a bit small given the distance between bed (there is no couch in the room) and the TV, so it was kinda hard to watch anything with subtitles.

What was good and what was bad?
I loved the bathroom and especially the large bathtub - this is the first time I've stayed in a hotel room which has larger bathtub than the only I have at home And there was also a separate shower as well, which is nice.

The hotel has a great vibe - this was my second stay at Radisson RED, with the first one being the one in Brussels which was a complete disaster but it appears they have fine-tunned the concept. The hotel strikes the fine line between being upscale and being formal and I really love it.

The downside is F&B. They built an awesome bar/restaurant when it comes to premises but the offer (both food and drinks) is just not appealing at all, which is a pity as I'd otherwise love to spend some money there. And the breakfast is just bad.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Normally I would return, it's not a bad hotel, but since there is much better Radisson Blu just across the street and it's usually cheaper than RED, I probably won't be back.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:20 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Hotel, Mount Erciyes (Turkey)

Yes, I was very happy.

Booked standard room and got upgraded to premium room with balcony.

Complimentary Breakfast - Yes (breakfast was included)
Late Check Out - Not requested.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes. I got a fruit plate with some snacks.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are comfortable and modern as hotel was opened on DEC2021.

Location is excellent if you want to ski. Breakfast was very good (fresh juices etc) so was SPA and fitness room. I really liked the outdoor swimming pool/Jacuzzi. Hotel is modern and comfortable as it was opened on DEC2021. Staff was friendly and helpful. Minibar was free for guests. Nothing bad to stay.

Value for points was excellent as I managed to book it for 15k per night. It was my best use of Radisson points. Otherwise prices starting from 220 EUR. Yes, I would like to return.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:29 am

Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest

No.

Booked superior room and got a superior room on a high floor.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - In reality no, they would probably disagree.
Complimentary Breakfast - no
Late Check Out or in - Not requested.
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes. I got a small bread thing, 2 apples and bottles of water.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are comfortable and modern.

Nice rooms and bed.
On the down side the drain was cloaked in the shower resulting in the whole toilet getting flooded. House keeping was non exciting (even after requesting every day) resulting in having to get new toiletries, cups, glasses and coffee in the reception.
There were glass/bottle stains on the coffee table when arriving.

Would not return.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
What is your Radisson Rewards status?
VIP

Where did you stay?
Radisson RED London Heathrow

Not really.

Booked standard with points & cash and got what I booked.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No
Complimentary Breakfast - Yes

Early Check In - Not requested
Late Check Out - Was told to speak to the reception, will do tomorrow.
In-Room Welcome Gift - No

How are the rooms
You can still see some features inherited from the Park Inn but the room is nicely renovated. Owing to the black-based colouring, you might think it's a bit dark.

A Nespresso machine is in the room but capsules are on request only. There is an executive lounge, no access to VIP members.

The check in agent never mentioned my VIP status. I used to receive a drink voucher, which was not given. I did not feel the hotel appreciated my business.

I probably stay at the neighbouring Raddison for a short one night stay, no point for extra Ł40-50 for no benefits.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
n.a.(friend booked a stay for me)

Where did you stay?
Radisson Wall Street, New York

Not at all. One of the worst value in my hotel books.

Booked Premium Award - Studio Suite, and got what was booked. 15/20th floor corner. Didnt ask for upgrade as it usually just produces weird looks in NYC and even more so didnt mind asking given the complete indifferent first attitude from the hotel.

Complimentary Breakfast - no, nothing.

Late Check Out - Was not in the mood even ask. Checked out early in the morning and took luggages to a separate store in town.

How are the rooms
The room was good size (the only good thing to report), but there was a wall between the living space and sleeping space, nullifying the benefit of the added space.
torn out rooms, not as clean as in pics, but okayish overall otherwise. Not premium feel to it, rather worn out cheapo.

I guess the only premium in this room was the coffee machine. It produced just as lousy coffee as the free coffee downstairs in the lobby. Not very premium

Bathroom was tiny, did the functional job but thats it. Nothing you would tell your SO.

Nothing good but the location at Wall street if you want Financial District.
All else bad, especially the service attitude:
Entrance was dull, dirty and uninviting. Checking lady was the worst ever seen. Indifferent look, no welcome, no talk. She seemed ready to die. I tried to engage her into conversation to make her feel better but she made all possible signals to want me leave her alone. Okay. She asked to sign a paper and take a 50$ deposit for ”possible damages, deposit to be returned after 10 days”(remains to be seen if this is a new tourist scam, never see my money back). Finally I asked about breakfast, she said bluntly ”the restaurant is closed down” and no sorry/apology/options/hint-where-to. Okay. Then at room, all toiletries were same ”body lotions”. Went back down to ask if any shampoo was available and if those 3 body lotions were a casual error. ”Delivery is behind” blunt answer. No sorry/apology. Okay.
Finally what made us check out early was the silent look on query about baggage storage.

Nevee back, unless free of charge. While I understand we got a sleep without bed bugs(hope so), and this is NYC, the stay served the makn purpose of overnight, but the Value of the stay was absolutely opposite of a Premium booking.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
VIP

Where did you stay?
The Radisson Collection Morina Hotel, Tirana

Not at all, really disgusting.

Booked Collection Room - 1 King Bed for two nights (1 x paid & 1 x part points)

Complimentary Breakfast - Yes

Late Check Out - Not requested

How are the rooms
I emailed in advance by addressing "managers" and expected necessary arrangements made on arrival. I asked to combine two separate bookings (paid & part points) so that I don't need to switch rooms, also asking how to get to the hotel from the airport. No response at all for one week, sent a reminder on the departure day and got a response when I got to Tirana.

I also implied in the email that I would expect a room upgrade, which was completely ignored. I got what I booked, even worse as it's next to the emergency exit which blocks views. Also, I used points to pay for the 2nd night partially, the confirmation says 47.38 EUR but my card was charged with 86+ EUR. Even though I showed the confirmation from the Radisson website, they said that their system did not show the total.

I asked for a manager on duty, she didn't seem like that she would like to speak to me and a receptionist rang me back. Since I did not understand the receptionist and finally the manager took the call. According to her, the property had been fully booked and no room was available but I checked the Radisson website, there were still many rooms available in all room categories. In fact, the property is almost empty. The ridiculous duty manager said that I must have got enough benefits as I used the 10% discount (published members only rate!) and points, a room upgrade was too much. I think she is insane, I wonder how such a person can become a manager? Water bottles (as a gift) were not in room, but she insisted they should be on the table. No, nothing, but she was talking as if I had been lying. Then even she said her working hours finished and had to go, then ended the conversation! Extremely unpleasant!

General staff are pleasant, the manager and/or the entire management collapses. Full of lies, keep away from this property.

No. A Sofitel seems to be opening soon, I will move my business to Accor.
the810 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
What is your Raddison Rewards status?
VIP

Where did you stay?
Prizotel Bonn, Germany

Yes.

Booked standard and got standard

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No.
Complimentary Breakfast - unclear, no one ever challenged me for a room number

In-Room Welcome Gift - No (everyone checking in got a free drink regardless)

How are the rooms
Compact but well designed, very 'instagram' friendly. Clean and functional no concern for a one person for two it would be a bit tight.

Check in was painfully slow, it didn't matter how the reservation was made it was painfully slow for all. Only one staff member on duty but appeared to have up to 4 positions available. Anytime I passed through reception in the evening there was a queue.

Rooms are compact (think Paris compact) but functional, clean, quiet and in good order (Hotel is only just opened). Minimal desk space so not a place you would try to do any serious work from.

WiFi worked, no messing just a simple password

Breakfast was actually pretty decent for a bottom of market product

While this was booked through Radisson rewards site, on a cash rate with free cancellation, Prizotel does NOT count for status nights and it does NOT earn points. Invoice shows VIP status but statement shows as non qualifying stay. It is not shown in the program T&C's despite appearing all over the website.

Good value on cash at 68 euro/night compared to paying 130+ in what was the outdated Hilton nearby (now reflagged as a Dornit) The new Motel One might a better option
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Premium

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Astrid hotel Antwerp

Yes.

Booked standard and got superior or premium room. Nice view of the squire.

In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, some water and sweets, including a hand written welcome card

How are the rooms
Room is starting to show its age. It’s still acceptable but would probably need a renovation in the coming years.

- Check-in was fine, a small line, took a few minutes, very friendly.
- The carpark is the worst I have seen, terrible if your car is of any size. Super hard to make corners and spaces too small plus lots of two way traffic that does not really fit. Do not park here! Go 50m further down the street "parking Zoo", cheaper by 1 Euro, and much better lit and safer feeling.
- The bar was understaffed and they were not able to make basic cocktails off menu. In the evening it was quite messy as they did not have staff to clean up.

I would return if the price was right. But there are a lot of hotel options nearby to consider and the area ia a bit sketchy at night.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Bucharest

Yes

Booked standard and got junior suite

In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, some water snd fruit/biscuits, including a hand written welcome card

How are the rooms
Room is very spacious. Fittings are showing some minor wear. Nespresso machine and kettle, usual amenities. Bathroom soaps etc are still miniatures which i personally prefer.

- Check-in was ok, no wait, but equally no explanation of where breakfast was, or where the exec lounge was located.
- The pool and and multiple outdoor bars are excellent. Restaurants are very pricey for Bucharest.
- The exec lounge evening hot food offering wasn’t great, one dry meat, one dry fish, and a green veg, no starch. The alcohol flows from 17:00 to 22:00, food from 18:00 to 20:00. Breakfast offering very good including small number of al la carte choices.
- The staff are uniformly excellent, which is noteworthy in itself in my experience of Bucharest hotels

Definitely will return, felt it was good value. I am visiting Bucharest regularly and have been doing a hotel safari but this will now be my regular place to stay.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 4:04 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
VIP

Where did you stay?
Henrietta House Bath

No

Booked standard and received standard

How are the rooms
Dirty everywhere, rooms, carpets, walls, unclean toilets, one room smelled of sewage, ventilation not working in one of the bathrooms, windows open about 10 cm, this make the rooms very hot, they obviously don't do any deep cleaning, dust is all over the light fittings, tops of doors, behind the toilet, not hooks to hang towels to dry in the bathrooms.

There was nothing good about this hotel,

No, not worth burning reward points on, simply the worst Radisson I've ever come across.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
VIP

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow

Yes

Booked standard and received standard, we needed two rooms and wanted a door between them, reception appologised for not being able to upgrade because they had not upgraded rooms available with doors between two rooms.

In-Room Welcome Gift - Bottle of Wine

How are the rooms
The rooms are large, but are starting to look tired, they are very clean, especially the bathrooms. The TV's have been refreshed since my last stay pre covid, but no ability to stream to them, they did have youtube.

There was nothing bad about this hotel,

For an airport hotel in London I think it's ok, there are fancier properties near Heathrow which are a lot more expensive that aren't as good.
JapesUK likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Bucharest

Yes

Booked executive + Lounge and received one bed apartment

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In - Yes, 8:30am!
In-Room Welcome Gift - Chocs, biscuits, fruit, water

How are the rooms
The apartment was enormous. Separate dining area, TV area with seating for 4, bedroom alone larger than the standard rooms, separate large bathroom with walk in rainfall shower, lots of storage, a superb surprise 3 jump upgrade. Now I’m spoiled for all future visits

There was nothing bad about this hotel. The staff are exceptional, the hotel is clean and modern, the exec lounge is fabulous value, i cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Definitely value for money, 4th stay now and 5 more booked already.

Last edited by JapesUK; Sep 4, 2023 at 8:17 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Premium

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Plaza Oslo

Yes

Booked standard twin room, then booked an upgrade to premium panorama fjord room upon their email invitation (1360NOK extra) - hoped for a suite upgrade (next room level but they upgrade to max premium room level)
At checkin they said - „I see you booked an upgrade - we can take the upgrade charge off the bill as you are premium member“ - so I saved the upgrade price and got the best upgrade they could provide.

Early Check In - Not needed
Late Check Out - Only until 14:00
In-Room Welcome Gift - Nothing

How are the rooms
All rooms have the same size 26m2 - premium rooms have a nespresso machine and bathrobe and slippers as extra. Room categories depend on views (city view, fjord view - on lower floors and panoramic city view and panoramic fjord view on the upper floors) - the surcharge for the view is a bit steep and I would not book rooms for the view. View can be had on the top floor bar as well - still the upgrade into a room with nice view is a plus.

Staff was super friendly, breakfast had plenty of choices. However breakfast is extremely crowded. They hand out breakfast vouchers for specific 30 minute timeslots. Still the breakfast room is too crowded. Anyway you could also go to breakfast at another timeslot.

Definitely value for money - especially when you book with the discount booster.
the810 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 12:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Booked 2 standard rooms at Radisson Blu Royal, Helsinki. Both got upgraded to Executive Suite. (VIP status)

the810 and Richey66 like this.

Last edited by florens; Oct 18, 2023 at 12:32 am
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
a bit older stay, but will post anyway.

VIP

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Wroclaw

Yes

Booked Queen - Park View, received Executive Suite - Park View (1 night stay)

In-Room Welcome Gift - Chocolates, a bottle of local craft beer, peanuts

How are the rooms
The suite was very large (larger then my apartment), showing slight signs of wear in places, but nothing egregious. Overall good experience.

Nothing to complain, good welcome, welcome drink + in room present drink, good value underground parking. Walking distance to historical center, but not busy.

Excellent value for money at the price I paid, even without the upgrade. Will be my first choice if I am back in Wroclaw.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; Nov 1, 2023 at 9:49 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.