Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
Radisson Blu Beke- Budapest

What is your Club Carlson status?
Silver

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu Beke, Budapest, Hungary

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard room and received business

Did you receive elite benefits?
Welcome gift- fruit tray
Free breakfast (delicious!)

How are the rooms?
Very large and great view. Very close location to everything.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Yes, very inexpensive and would definitely return.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
Gold

Radisson Blu Salzburg, Radisson Blu Vienna, Park Plaza Tel Aviv, Radisson Blu Aqaba, Radisson Blu Bangkok

Overall, my experience was a bimodal. Vienna, Aqaba, and Bangkok hit it out of the park. Salzburg and Tel Aviv left a lot to be desired.

Booked standard rooms and received upgrades in Vienna (Jr Suite), Aqaba (Jr Suite & Family Suite), Bangkok (Deluxe Room). No upgrades in Salzburg or Tel Aviv.

In-Room Welcome Gift in Vienna, Aqaba, Bangkok.
Nothing in Salzburg or Tel Aviv.

How are the rooms?
As stated above, Vienna, Aqaba, and Bangkok were excellent. Salzburg felt very old and warn. Tel Aviv was a complete disaster.

Amazing value in Vienna, Aqaba, and Bangkok. I wish I spent the points elsewhere instead of Salzburg and Tel Aviv. Cobranded hotels are often the worst in my experience.

For pictures, checkout my review:http://focusedflyer.com/2015/06/24/c...und-the-world/
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Radisson Blu Amsterdam

Gold

Radisson Blu Amsterdam

Yes (70%).

Standard to Business

Initially no welcome gift recived, then 2 chocolates (one was already unwrapped by someone else!). Poor status recognition IMHO.

How are the rooms?
Pretty narrow room (even if business class rooms!)

Frankly 70.000 pts/night is definitely too much! I Don't know.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
Country Inn & Suites San Carlos, California, USA

Country Inn & Suites San Carlos

Gold

Country Inn & Suites San Carlos, California, USA

Yes.

Standard, received same.

Yes, small welcome gift bag.

How are the rooms?
OK, reasonable amount of space, hotel looks fairly new. The room we received had the sink is in the main living area, outside the bathroom, so if you wanted to use the bathroom and then wash your hands, you'd flood the main room with light.

About a 10 minute walk to the San Carlos Caltrain station, although at night it's kind of a lonely and deserted walk. Free parking.

Excellent at 2 nights for 38k using the old credit card benefit and award chart. At one night for 44k would consider other options.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
Country Inn & Suites Fresno North, California

Country Inn & Suites Fresno North

Gold

Country Inn & Suites Fresno, California, USA

Yes.

Standard, received upgrade to studio suite.

Yes, small welcome gift bag.

How are the rooms?
Ok. We had a lot of space in the room. Furnishings and other products showed their age. It was difficult to get the room completely dark at night due to the layout of the curtains against the window air conditioning unit. We had some road noise in our room due to the location of the hotel. We stayed in the summer and the A/C unit worked very well.

Very good at 2 nights for 15k with the old credit card benefit, would still consider at one night for 15k.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:30 am

[b]Radisson Blu Riverside, Gothenburg[/b]

Gold

Radisson Blu Riverside, Gothenburg

Yeah, okay.... had about 5 stays in the last 12 weeks there. Not really outstanding, but nothing to complain as well.

Always Standard, once received upgrade to corner business class room which was in my opinion not a great room.

Yes, always had bottle of still water and some small pack of sweets, fruit or macaroons in the room. Once even a hand written and personally addressed welcome note

How are the rooms?
Hotel build in 2013, very trendy typical Radisson Blu Nordic cool style. Standard rooms are fairly small but clean and modern, having a mini bar and AC. Nothing to complain about. The corner business room was a bit weird as they mounted the huge TV directly at the end of the bed, the huge windows (over the whole side, floor to ceiling) are facing an office building, so without the curtains 0 privacy.

Get a good corporate rate, based on the location (at the Lindholmen business and science park) and high regular rate I wouldn't stay there on my own. I also wouldn't spend Gold points for a reward night as it is quite far from the city center for the touristy things. The other Radisson in Gothenburg is the better choice for tourists in my point of view
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:37 am

Radisson Blu Scandinavia, Gothenburg

Gold

Yes. had about 10 stays in the last 12 weeks there and will come back as first choice in the city

Always Standard, always upgraded to business class room

Yes, always had bottle of still water and some small pack of sweets, fruit or macaroons in the room.

How are the rooms?
Hotel is a bit dated, I would say last major renovation was done in the mid 90s. Still the rooms are spacious and clean, nothing to complain about the bed room although the bath rooms need some renovation sooner than later... lots of broken tiles, rotten silicon fillings and in general very shabby.

Get a great corporate rate, probably wouldn't pay the normal cash rate as tourist but definitely a good place to redeem some points nights. Great location in downtown Gothenburg in walking distance to the old city parts and shopping area.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:45 am

Radisson Blu Arlandia, Stockholm

Gold

Radisson Blu Arlandia, Stockholm (Arlanda Airport)

Yes, very much

booked Standard, upgraded to very nice business class room with view on the runway

Yes, selection of macaroons and chocolate in the room.

How are the rooms?
Hotel seems to have been recently renovated. The rooms, lobby and restaurant had the typical modern Radisson Blu Nordic style in dark colors with black, silver and turquoise. Was very happy with it.

Paid SEK 995, great rate directly via Club Carlson.com. The free shuttle bus to the terminals takes about 10 minutes to the off-airport hotel. Compared to the much more expensive Radisson Blu Sky City where I usually stay I was surprised to find a real great hotel for that price in Stockholm. Will keep it definitely on my list for early morning departures or late arrivals.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by shobba
Gold.

Radisson Blu, Nice, France.

No.

Booked business (150k points for 2 nights), received no upgrade. Checked availability and suites were not full.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No.
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Early checkin not applicable. Had to argue to get the late check out.
In-Room Welcome Gift - One bottle of still and one bottle of sparkling water but these may have been for all business class rooms anyway.
There was a welcome note from GM.

How are the rooms?

6th floor room had great view of the sea and a very nice balcony and a Nespresso machine. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was basic. Showergel etc from "Thisworks".

Good:
Breakfast was tasty with a good selection.
The rooftop pool, loungers and bar.
Sauna and mini hammam which are free to use.

Bad:
Very poor/nil status recognition:
No upgrade.
There was water in the room but I'm not sure if that was a room or Gold benefit.
We wanted a late check out as our flight departed in the evening. When checking in on the Friday I asked whether this would be okay. The receptionist said we would have to wait until the morning of checkout (Sunday) and then request this. On the Sunday I duly requested the late checkout and the receptionist firstly said no they were full. When I said that was pretty unlikely unless they'd had a surge of new bookings that morning he said the latest he could do was 1.30pm (12 o'clock is standard), I then asked him what recognition the property offers to Golds and told him I hadn't experienced any in the stay so far. He said that they weren't obliged to offer anything except to Concierges and he asked what it was that I wanted. I said a 6pm checkout was what I wanted - he said he could not do it but would do it anyway "because it was Sunday" and would have to tell his manager.

Other minor annoyances:

On the first morning the cleaner walked straight into our room without knocking.
On the second morning it was raining so the outside dining area was out of use. When we arrived at 9am the regular indoor dining area was therefore fairly full. We were asked to take breakfast in a dingy dark room quite a way from the buffet. We put our stuff down there and walked into the restaurant to pick up our food from the buffet and were stopped by another lady who again told us we couldn't sit down in the regular area!
I'd read on review forums that the hotel offered a free shuttle bus into town. When I asked the concierge if there was a shuttle he gave me a one word answer: "No" then turned away.
A free newspaper is a benefit of the business class room. I asked for 2 at checkin (one for me and one for my wife). The receptionist said that would be fine but in the event only one paper arrived.

The location
The hotel is situated on the end of the Promenade des Anglais which is near the airport. The bus number 23 bus takes around 15mins and costs 1.50 euros. It stops directly outside the hotel. The other end of the Promenade (~5km) is the town centre which is where you'll want to be if you're there to visit the city (45 mins walk along the Promenade - a very pleasant stroll during the day but at night there are no public buses and a lot of prostitutes).

Gold Points were value relative to the rack rate and I booked pre-devaluation. Would I return? No.
You're dinging them for not giving you 2 copies of a newspaper?

A) Who reads newspapers these days?
B) How hard is it really to share a paper? Can't you guys alternate sections?

Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
New to this forum I've been Gold for several months already but this is my first stay since attaining elite status.

Gold

Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, SLC/UT, USA

Very!

Booked standard queen sleep number bed room
Upgraded to king sleep number bed loft suite (there's a staircase in my room!)

Yes, chocolate covered smore, key lime almonds, San Pellegrino, and two bottles of water.

How are the rooms?
This is a bit of an older hotel (as is obvious from the architecture) but it is very nice, like a throwback to the Delta Crown Room Club. TV is very new, sleep number bed is great, power outlets everywhere. Overall, very classy.

I literally booked this on my flight out here. It was $99, 28k points, or $89 on a crew rate (but no elite benefits then I guess). I paid the $99 and would do it again in a minute (well... if I could afford it Sunday night I'll probably do a crew rate somewhere).

-J.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Gold

Radisson Salt Lake City Downtown, SLC/UT, USA

Yes

Booked standard king bed room through airline crew rate
Upgraded to king bed room on top floor

N/A (crew rate... although I did get the room upgrade )

How are the rooms?
Very nice. Can't find the sleep number remote though.

Booked this 20 minutes ago on a crew rate (deep discount) through our third-party site... so duh it's worth it. Too bad you have to pay for parking though. The best thing about this hotel is how convenient it is to EVERYTHING in downtown SLC.

-J.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Gold

Yes. had about 10 stays in the last 12 weeks there and will come back as first choice in the city

Always Standard, always upgraded to business class room

Yes, always had bottle of still water and some small pack of sweets, fruit or macaroons in the room.

How are the rooms?
Hotel is a bit dated, I would say last major renovation was done in the mid 90s. Still the rooms are spacious and clean, nothing to complain about the bed room although the bath rooms need some renovation sooner than later... lots of broken tiles, rotten silicon fillings and in general very shabby.

Get a great corporate rate, probably wouldn't pay the normal cash rate as tourist but definitely a good place to redeem some points nights. Great location in downtown Gothenburg in walking distance to the old city parts and shopping area.
Another two stays (4 days and 3 days), both time upgraded from standard room to Junior Suite, fruits and water in the room., was even refilled.

I'm very pleased, this hotel truly understands loyalty. There are lot of good options around here in GOT but they manage to keep me booking with them every week by excelling in the customer services/loyalty recongnition
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:08 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Concierge

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, Kensington, London, UK

Not really

Booked king, received king. No upgrade.

Complimentary Room Upgrade - No
Early Check In/Late Check Out - No
In-Room Welcome Gift - No

How are the rooms?
Okay. Odd size and layout, but not unusual given the age of the building.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Great location for me (convenient to tube & amenities), check in and check out were efficient albeit some waiting as quite busy.

Bad:
Lack of status recognition or benefit.

Used points. Paid rate was quite high, but not unusual for London. I might return depending on rate and where I want/need to be in London.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:21 am

Radisson Blu, St Helens, Dublin, Ireland

Gold

Radisson Blu, St Helens, Dublin, Ireland

Yes. I had requested a bed for my infant son on the booking. I had to re-request at check in.

Booked business class suite, received the same

No upgrade or in room gift. Points for my stay did not post automatically, I had to claim.

How are the rooms?
Fine. A bit dated, but nice and spacious.

Good value for money. Nice, older hotel in great grounds. Will probably return, depending on rate.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Gold

Radisson Blu, Tromso, Norway

Yes. Paid for cheapest room, around US$100 a night. Got upgrade to a corner waterfront view Business Class room (low floor but very happy with the upgrade!)

Cheapest room, got business class and corner room at waterfront in the front building

Just upgrade, very happy

How are the rooms?
Spacious room, wood floors, nice windows overlooking harbor

Good value for money. Nice breakfast included, though was quite crowded, too much furniture in the room. Great town!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.