Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Hotel - Pune

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Radisson Blu Hotel - Pune

I recently had a one night stay at the Radisson Blue - Pune. http://www.radisson.com/pune-hotel-in-411014/indpukh

It's located in Kharadi. It's less than a 10 minute drive to the airport and Phoenix Market City Mall. Phoenix has a lot of restaurants, stores & entertainment options. Not a lot that you can get to within a walking distance of the hotel. It's about a 20 minute drive from Koregaon Park which is generally considered the best hang out spot for tourists and locals.

I had gotten recently matched to Club Carlson silver based on my gold status in some other programs and this was my first stay at a Club Carlson property in several years.

Was offered cold towels, water & juice at check-in. Check-in was quick and very courteous. No mention of Club Carlson or silver status at check in. When I asked about benefits for silver members they said it's bonus points and late check out. Based on that I asked for and was provided a 4:00 pm check out. No other freebies or upgrades provided.

I was given a room on the second floor. The room looked right into an under construction building. There was a walkway right outside my window that was used for outdoor events. I didn't see any one use it during my stay but I did keep my curtains closed for the most part so can't be 100% sure.

The room was spacious, clean & very well mantained. No bathtub but the bathroom amenities were of decent quality. The free internet was fast which was a plus. Since you cannot drink tap water in Indiam most hotels I've been over here provide at least 2 litres of free drinking water in the room which they also replenish during the evening. At the Pune Radisson they provided just 1 litre of water and didn't replenish it again in the evening.

They will bring up a plate of complimentary fruits if you ask them to , which is nice. They came to do turn down service a little after I checked in at about 4:00 pm. I asked them to come back an hour but when I came back from dinner I see that they hadn't come back to do the turn down. The thermostat didn't seem to work so the airconditioning got a little too cold. I didn't realize till I was already in bed so didn't ask them to fix it.

I didn't eat at any of the restaurants at the hotel but they seemed to be quite popular and very reasonably priced.

Overall it was a decent stay but with so many options in Pune - Westin, Hyatt, Marriott, Le Meredien,etc. I probably will not stay here again unless they bring back the big night give away!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Any recent experiences at this property? Looking to book this hotel for a relative using my points (15K/night). The hotel description says that breakfast buffet is in included on eligible rates. Any idea of how points reservations are treated?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Any recent experiences at this property? Looking to book this hotel for a relative using my points (15K/night). The hotel description says that breakfast buffet is in included on eligible rates. Any idea of how points reservations are treated?
I looked up the rate details of Revenue rate for standard room and also for points rate.

The revenue rate details says Breakfast included, while the points rate doesn't say the same.. I won't count on getting free breakfast but can't hurt to call the hotel and ask the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.