Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better in Orlando??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
I'd stay at Radisson.

I've stayed at both for a few nights and it really comes down to what is more important for you. Radisson gets you sleep number beds, better amenities and decor. For 9K, it's a steal. CIS is just down the road and it was spotlessly clean even though the walls n furniture show some age. Their breakfast, as you mentioned is pretty good and if you're big on breakfast, then it's definitely something to consider.

That said, if you're using points, I'd stay at Radisson. Yes, they waive resort fees and at 9K, it's a really good deal. The quality of bedding/decor/amenities is definitely way better than CIS and all you will be sacrificing is free breakfast. Rooms come with a mini fridge, so you can always buy milk/cereal and have that for breakfast. There's a walgreens within walking distance and ample restaurants on I-drive. Cici Pizza there has a $3.99 buffet which is a good value and for people on a budget. Plus, you'll save 6000 points/daily over CIS.

Radisson area is also better as it is directly on I-drive and surrounded by restaurants and tourist attractions. CIS is on Universal drive and there's nothing directly around it. All you're sacrificing is free breakfast.
Thanks, that's a very helpful response -- I'll probably go with the Radisson then.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:21 pm

Can't give a comparison of the two, but I just completed a four night stay at the Radisson Celebration. I won this property through Priceline (high $30s/night), rooms were clean, though the hallways were a bit worn and there were some maintenance issues (leaking dripping ceiling tile and wet carpet). Super convenient to Disney, but so close to I-4 that it isn't difficult getting to Universal or Sea World (and you don't have to deal with International Drive traffic). There is a roughly $12.50/day resort fee, we used enough of the services that we felt we got our money's worth (free bottled water in the room, first drink free in the sports bar at happy hour, games and stuff around the pool) and the resort fee is pretty standard in the Orlando area. I was very happy with the hotel for the price, I thought the services and the staff were great but the facilities, particularly the common areas, could use an improvement (but this is a Radisson, not a Marriott or Hilton).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:33 am
jk2

Sad news for those (including myself) who like Radisson Celebration - now the night costs 15K points - this hotel is category 2 now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.