Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson Hotel Group | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

List of hotels changing levels on May 31, 2012

Old May 15, 12, 1:19 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Check here for a list of hotels changing levels on May 31:

http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/4719721

I didn't do any analysis, but I noticed that not all properties are going up. There's a fair number headed down as well.
Old May 15, 12, 1:27 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
thanx for posting the list.-
for me right in time to do some bookings now !
Old May 15, 12, 6:12 am

Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
Beijing wangfujing is the one that bothers me most....
Old May 15, 12, 7:10 am

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
For me, the changes look pretty fair. Out of the three hotels I was potentially looking to book an award at, two are unch and one will be cheaper. And of the other properties that I'm familiar with that changed, the changes seem to make sense.
Old May 15, 12, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
PHX is getting hit, but MCO is getting additional cheap options.
Old May 15, 12, 8:25 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Bah, Prague is going from 15,000 per night to 28,000 per night. My only savings in Salzburg for 1 night.
Old May 15, 12, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
Bah, Prague is going from 15,000 per night to 28,000 per night. My only savings in Salzburg for 1 night.
If you know when you need the room, you can book at the current tier as long as you book before May 31st.
Old May 15, 12, 8:32 am

Unfortunately, that's going to be up to AA/BA's award availability in late April or early May of next year. May book on a lark and hope for the best.
Old May 15, 12, 8:34 am

Unfortunately, that's going to be up to AA/BA's award availability in late April or early May of next year. May book on a lark and hope for the best.
I'm close to making six bookings for PHX on the assumption I'll need two of them...
Old May 15, 12, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm planning to stay at a hotel which is dropping from Cat 4 to Cat 3. This means the Points & Cash rate will drop from 10k + cash to 5k + cash.
So it will cost me 5k less points if I wait, but what will happen to the cash element? Could they infact increase it??
I guess the safe option is to book now, and then if it drops I can cancel and rebook.

Can anyone tell me if the points and cash rate qualifies for the on-line booking bonus?
Old May 15, 12, 8:46 am

I'm also looking at April 2013 for a booking in ABQ at a Country Inn that is going up. I know the week I want to go because it's our school's spring break. It seems like it's letting me select those dates, but I've never tried to book a hotel almost a year out like that. Do you think it will actually be honored? I guess I can just try and see what happens.

I also have the problem of not knowing exactly what day I'll be flying out because I will be flying Southwest and possibly using an old standard award, so not sure about availability, if I will go Friday, Sat, or Sun. I guess I can just book each day individually so I have to cancel one day I won't have to rebook the entire reservation at a higher rate. That is going to be one weird looking reservation!
Old May 15, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
I'm also looking at April 2013 for a booking in ABQ at a Country Inn that is going up.

[...]

That is going to be one weird looking reservation!
1) I've been counting on ABQ, too.

2) No it isn't.

Last edited by Firewind; May 15, 12 at 9:13 am Reason: Mistaken re Radisson Resort @ Celebration going down, so deleted
Old May 15, 12, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
I'm also looking at April 2013 for a booking in ABQ at a Country Inn that is going up. I know the week I want to go because it's our school's spring break. It seems like it's letting me select those dates, but I've never tried to book a hotel almost a year out like that. Do you think it will actually be honored? I guess I can just try and see what happens.

I also have the problem of not knowing exactly what day I'll be flying out because I will be flying Southwest and possibly using an old standard award, so not sure about availability, if I will go Friday, Sat, or Sun. I guess I can just book each day individually so I have to cancel one day I won't have to rebook the entire reservation at a higher rate. That is going to be one weird looking reservation!
I have no doubt that they will honor the "price" as they automatically deduct the points from your account.

Mine isn't as lucky. I have to hope that the day after my last night in Prague has a flight where AA will take me back across the pond. Otherwise, I'm subjected to BA's fuel surcharges, which is a deal killer. The stars have to align and I only have enough points to reserve 3 nights once until my BNG points post.
Old May 15, 12, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SWA, CC
While many of the U.S. changes are going down, I'm disappointed to see that most of the ones in Europe are going up. I'm planning on using my points for a trip to Germany and UK next year.
Old May 15, 12, 4:30 pm

Saw one of the Park Plazas in Beijing going from a 1 to a 3 and one of them going from a 2 to a 5! Wow.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: