Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(EXPIRED) 2012 Big Night Giveaway Promos Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(EXPIRED) 2012 Big Night Giveaway Promos Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
[edit] whoooooooops. The ONLY Park Plaza in North America is in Minneapolis. I'm out for this promo - wasn't planning on flying to Europe before Aug 31. Ah well!
Looks like the Park Plaza Bloomington (MN) is going to be very, very busy for the next two months. I'm planning to stay there on August 12. AAA rate is $83. The hotel offers free shuttle service to the airport and Mall of America. Anyone for a mini-do?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Checked into the Radisson Reagan National in Crystal City, VA for a one night stay for the Big Night promo. Paid $80.10 on a AAA rate. They do charge $20 for parking, but that is average in Crystal City.

At check in the agent said that I was upgraded to a Penthouse Suite, but it was not ready yet (it was only 3:00PM), and I said no problem, I would wait. I had an office meeting I needed to dial into anyway and proceeded to the bar area. Bar was not open yet, but I found a small table with a plug nearby and did my meeting. After the meeting was over, proceeded to check-in.

Wow, is all I can say. It was a newly refurbished suite with 2 bathrooms. The master bath had a jucuzzi tub and seperate shower. All done in grey marble. There was a wet bar with a large fridge and microwave. Large 46" flat screen in the living room and smaller 42" in the bedroom. Many HD channels. King size Sleep Number bed. There was also a large rooftop patio with several wicker chairs, table, and a lounger.

I splurged for a room service breakfast and truly enjoyed my stay. I will definately come back. The 50,000 points is just gravy.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Those of you still in search of a good mattress run and in the Ontario, CA area, I found that the Country Inns is selling for $53ai + 5000 points on 6/30, and Radisson Ont airport is $67ai + 5000 points. So total cost is $120 + 10K points (less various rebates on topcash or mr rebates) to get approximately 100K points (after bonuses and such).
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Both my wife's & my points posted on CI&S & Park Inn. 94K each. We both have Radisson stays next weekend.

We also registered for the Park Plaza promo but airfare to MSP is too high. Too bad UA or AA couldn't have a "tit" for "tat" sale against DL. Being summer, may not be too likely.

I'll take the 138K points for each of us. ^
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
My stays at Radisson Blue (1 night) and Park Inn (1 night) in Frankfurt were credited with the bonus exactly after 6 days after each stay^

Unfortunately, I will not make Club Carlson my primary program (it will be still Priority Club) but will only stay with them in Germany (only a few stays per year though), where IHG properties are one big crap. The reasons are: Company policy (IGH are the 'suggested' properties) and the fact that Priority Club has more promotions, that allow getting points/status faster.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by TPJ
My stays at Radisson Blue (1 night) and Park Inn (1 night) in Frankfurt were credited with the bonus exactly after 6 days after each stay^

Unfortunately, I will not make Club Carlson my primary program (it will be still Priority Club) but will only stay with them in Germany (only a few stays per year though), where IHG properties are one big crap. The reasons are: Company policy (IGH are the 'suggested' properties) and the fact that Priority Club has more promotions, that allow getting points/status faster.
I'd keep my ear to the rail w/r/t points promotions with the "new" Carlson. I agree re status promos, from what I know, but you have applied for a status match for this year, nein? Or maybe wait a bit, and see if it comes back good until early 2014.

[I have no connection with CC.]
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Anyone?
I just did this and can share my experience with you. PM me if interested
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by kanerf
At check in the agent said that I was upgraded to a Penthouse Suite [SNIP]

Wow, is all I can say. It was a newly refurbished suite with 2 bathrooms. The master bath had a jucuzzi tub and seperate shower. All done in grey marble. There was a wet bar with a large fridge and microwave. Large 46" flat screen in the living room and smaller 42" in the bedroom. Many HD channels. King size Sleep Number bed. There was also a large rooftop patio with several wicker chairs, table, and a lounger.
^ Congrats!
Did a few stays there and never got this. Any pics to share with us mere mortals?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
I think I need help. I almost rerouted a coast-to-coast simple redeye trans-Canadian flight to go through MSP to run out of the airport, check into the hotel, hop back on the redeye and keep on flying. I fortunately caught myself at the part where that meant adding 4 flight segments (since MSP is not served by *A)... sigh.

I thought about this too. But is "3h 30mins" transfer time enough?

and also if I use my cc account to book for my GF, who will checkin, can I still get the points?

Last edited by ssoonngg123; Jul 2, 2012 at 9:54 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Have you thought of getting

Originally Posted by ssoonngg123:18861135
I think I need help. I almost rerouted a coast-to-coast simple redeye trans-Canadian flight to go through MSP to run out of the airport, check into the hotel, hop back on the redeye and keep on flying. I fortunately caught myself at the part where that meant adding 4 flight segments (since MSP is not served by *A)... sigh.

I thought about this too. But will "3h 30mins" transfer time enough?

and also if I use my cc account to book for my GF, who will checkin, can I still get the points?
Your girlfriend her own account and sign her up for the promo? That might be better in the end.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Originally Posted by arollins
Your girlfriend her own account and sign her up for the promo? That might be better in the end.
Actually multiple family members have CC accounts.... so thinking "sending someone" there as a "representative"
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:42 am

Just to quickly confirm, corporate rates are indeed eligible for points/bonuses and do not hinder status in terms of upgrades etc ?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Just to quickly confirm, corporate rates are indeed eligible for points/bonuses and do not hinder status in terms of upgrades etc ?

Thanks
You need to check the rate details, they normally say that you can or can't earn gold points.

I think you'll get the perks - if they offer any - haven't got much luck so far with it.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by pazza2000

Thanks
Correct
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I think not necessarily. If you book the common "Corporate Rate" yes. If it's a company's own negotiated corporate rate, maybe not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.