Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another big night giveaway?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by aviator8
I am new to this so please be kind. I am signing my wife and i up for club carlson to participate. So we can each book a night and get 50K each. My question is Can I create accounts for my 2 young children and do the same with each of them or is there an age restriction or proccess that would prevent me from being able to realize 2x50K more point by booking in thier names?
They need to be able to check in and pay so the kids are a no go. You and your wife are good. Find some other family in other states as well. Create accounts for them. Then have them "gift" their points to you in the end because Club Carlson lets you "gift" for free...lets hope this HUGE BENEFIT doesn't go away.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by stinger101
They need to be able to check in and pay so the kids are a no go. You and your wife are good. Find some other family in other states as well. Create accounts for them. Then have them "gift" their points to you in the end because Club Carlson lets you "gift" for free...lets hope this HUGE BENEFIT doesn't go away.

is the promotion limited to 50K per person or 100K per person? Can I double dip with multiple CC brands?

How are you working the relatives thing? Do you just sign them up, pay for a stay for them, have then stay, then transfer the points? Obviously they have to not care about the points, in my family that might be a problem. Trying to think of more ways to maximize the benefit here.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 am

So for this to be worthwhile, I have to pay to stay in a really cheap hotel and then get the 50,000 points (or 45,000 for the lower class) and then try to use the points for an expensive room?

I tried looking at hotels in NYC to spend the bonus points. It seems that I checked a bunch of Saturday nights and rooms were never available online.

Is this a common experience? This would only be for a mattress run and I'm mostly only interested in staying in NYC.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey Guys,
Could you explain how one can get maximum value out of this deal?

I'm based in SIN and have never stayed in a Carlson hotel before. Most of my stays are with IHG globally, Choice hotels in Scandinavia, and sometimes Hilton hotels in Europe as well.

I registered for this promo previously but couldnt seem to extract value out of it so gave up on it. Firstly there's no Carlson hotel in SIN, and those around Asia seem pricey for a single night stay for 50K points.

Then comes redemption. Most of the good hotels seem to be upwards of 40K - 50K.
Are you guys using it for the lower cat hotels, or stringing on some bonuses that I'm not aware of.

Would really appreciate the help. I'm a big sucker for hotel promos, so would like to jump on this if I can get it to work well.

(Perhaps I can use it for a Cat 2/3 redemption in St Petersburg?)
Old May 7, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ldnhlj
Well, looks like they have updated their Terms to indicate that this is valid worldwide!

Note that there are some contradictions regarding existing bookings. The texts highlighted in red in particular suggests that it is even possible to get the bonus by just enrolling at the property at the time of check in and registering for the promotion before check out (note the sequence here - you can't check in without an existing reservation, and you can register for the promotion after check-in and before check-out and still receive the bonus - hence, reservation predates promotion registration). But the blue text simply says existing reservations not valid... might require some clarification, or for those who want to be sure, simply cancel and rebook if you are on a flexible rate!

And also note the requirement of guest being present at BOTH checkin and checkout...potentially for those who want to simply check in and walk away, this would not work? but i highly doubt the hotel would care too much if you insist on paying them immediately upon check-in and request check out a second later

The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club Carlson members. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Promotion Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in of the Qualifying Stay, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel worldwide ("Participating Hotels"). Guest must check in for the Qualifying Stay on or after May 15, 2012 and check out must be completed no later than July 15, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights in the same room at a Participating Hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs on a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions.

Guest must be present at the Participating Hotel at both the time of check-in and check-out, enrolled in Club Carlson at or before the time of check-in, and registered in the Promotion no later than the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 100,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of their Qualifying Stay. After the first 100,000 Promotion Registrations, every guest who completes the Promotion Registration will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of his/her Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points.

Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to post to the member's account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability...
Where did you find the T&C? I went to the page but it wasn't clickable. If it's worldwide then me and Mr Tiki will spend a night at Radisson Gold Coast if we can get a good rate.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Tiki
Where did you find the T&C? I went to the page but it wasn't clickable. If it's worldwide then me and Mr Tiki will spend a night at Radisson Gold Coast if we can get a good rate.
The page is clickable:
https://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com/
right click and then choose "view page source". works fine in firefox.
the promo is worldwide.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by lsed
Hey Guys,
Could you explain how one can get maximum value out of this deal?
Well, you get 50,000 points for signing up. That's 1 night at the top-of-the-top CC properties, like the ones in Paris. What the bloggers won't tell you is that there's generally pretty good access to the F+F rate, so this isn't really a good deal unless you are planning to redeem for a hotel that doesn't have availability frequently on that rate, or if you want to redeem for a bunch of low-tier properties.

I would:
1. Look at your local Radisson and see what the rate is.
2. Look at hotels in destinations you frequent and see how good they are
3. Look for availability on the F+F rate (hotel deals thread)
4. Do some accounting homework.

50,000 points is a good deal, but it is a huge waste of time if you will not use them properly. For me, it's points towards a Paris getaway, since I can always afford the low-tiered properties as a gold member with 2-1 weekends.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:42 pm

The Friends and Family rate has horrible availability for Europe in summer. I agree the 2 for 1 EMEA is a great deal, I'm taking advantage of that in Berlin this June. But the fact still remains that you can stay at a Radisson for around $60 then redeem those 50,000 points in Paris, London, or Amsterdam for a $450 a night hotel that is considered a 5 star and are consistently listed in Tripadvisor top 10-15%. Not to mention the fact that 100,000 Gold Points equals 18,000 airline miles. Add that to any hotel transfer promotion and you're looking at 27,000 miles for around $120.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think picking up >100k CC points over memorial day weekend by spending one night in a Country Inn ($85 after tax) and one night in a Radisson ($75 after tax) is a great deal. I wonder if these promos leaking out will kill interest in the CC daily getaways offer, which costs twice as much per point, and doesn't create "free" hotel rooms as a byproduct.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I think picking up >100k CC points over memorial day weekend by spending one night in a Country Inn ($85 after tax) and one night in a Radisson ($75 after tax) is a great deal. I wonder if these promos leaking out will kill interest in the CC daily getaways offer, which costs twice as much per point, and doesn't create "free" hotel rooms as a byproduct.
I think that one hotel in the original post killed it. Club Carlson was probably waiting until after the Daily Deals were over. I'd hate to work at the FD at that hotel. Ouch.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think that one hotel in the original post killed it. Club Carlson was probably waiting until after the Daily Deals were over. I'd hate to work at the FD at that hotel. Ouch.
I'd also hate to work in the Radisson BRG department as exceptionally frugal people become aware of this promotion.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Is there a 2 for 1 EMEA promo? Someone else mentioned it to me, but I can't find it...I'll also be in Berlin next month...

The Friends and Family rate has horrible availability for Europe in summer. I agree the 2 for 1 EMEA is a great deal, I'm taking advantage of that in Berlin this June. But the fact still remains that you can stay at a Radisson for around $60 then redeem those 50,000 points in Paris, London, or Amsterdam for a $450 a night hotel that is considered a 5 star and are consistently listed in Tripadvisor top 10-15%. Not to mention the fact that 100,000 Gold Points equals 18,000 airline miles. Add that to any hotel transfer promotion and you're looking at 27,000 miles for around $120.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by pawtim
Is there a 2 for 1 EMEA promo? Someone else mentioned it to me, but I can't find it...I'll also be in Berlin next month...
We are going to be there from June 1st to the 4th. Staying at the Radisson Blu.
Here's the links but keep in mind you have to be an elite to book. You could status match if you have status with anyone else.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/2for1

http://www.clubcarlson.com/4for2
Old May 7, 2012, 3:52 pm

Creating Duplicate Accounts

Can I just create say 3-4 accounts each between myself and my wife and book the cheapest available hotels possible and get 50K each?

Will there be an issue with getting the 50K each and redeeming?

Also, anyway to merge later on?
Old May 7, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
I will be arriving on the 13th, then traveling around for a couple weeks. Thanks for the links -- I need to try and get status matched to Gold before I book. Good deal.

We are going to be there from June 1st to the 4th. Staying at the Radisson Blu.
Here's the links but keep in mind you have to be an elite to book. You could status match if you have status with anyone else.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/2for1

http://www.clubcarlson.com/4for2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.