Wiki Posts
Search

Another big night giveaway?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 9:29 am

Thanks Ric. Good stuff.
Old May 14, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Verified with a CSA that we can in fact triple dip on this promo. That puts my mind at ease.

I already have 41,400 points in my account. I'm booking 5 nights with Cash + Points at all 3 brands. I transfered 10,000 points to my grandparents' accounts for a Radisson stay. For $313.00, and 25,000 points, I'll end up getting:

3 nights at the Radisson Blu Vanderbilt in London (44,000 per night)
3 nights at the Park Inn in Munich (38,000 per night)
3 nights at the Park Inn in Prague (15,000 per night)

I have $200.00 worth of Best Western travel cards for their BRG program that I will use for a night in Salzburg.

At $35.00 per night, and 9,000+ points to spare, that's a pretty salty deal.

Last edited by spankytoes; May 14, 2012 at 9:35 am
Old May 14, 2012, 9:43 am

Does anyone think registration will be difficult? Last year it stayed open for weeks but this year there is much more coverage and we saw what happened with daily getaways this year. Are people planning to stay up late?
Old May 14, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Any links to the Park Inn promo yet?

Does Park Plaza count as Park Inn or will this also count towards another 50,000 miles?

The question is asked above but thus far their have been no responses to either of the above (as far as I can see).

Interestingly, I also tried moving my clock forward to see if the promo landing page would change. I also received the blinking screen.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by stinger101
According to the Frequent Miler, TopCashBack is increasing their cashback from 5% to 10% for this promo. Make sure and sign up for an account before you make your bookings.

Here's my link for referral XXXXXXXXXXXX

These bookings will count towards the promo as they are still being booked through the Radisson website.
US only! And very cheeky trying to get referrals.

I don't think Park Plaza will be covered by this promotion unfortunately.

Last edited by jpdx; May 14, 2012 at 10:47 am Reason: Removed quoted referral link.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:48 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Enough with the referral links and blogspam! If anyone wants to sign up for Topcashback, please follow FT etiquette and use the Conga in the S.P.A.M forum. Thanks!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old May 14, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It would be a great publicity for Radisson since people will search for all its hotels around the world, while since the publicity is so high this year - people will register like crazy and later chicken out causing less redemptions. So its a win-win for Radisson. And the registration website will go haywire when it opens . This is my prediction for this giveaway.

Last edited by charms81; May 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aviator8
Deals We like already grabbed it and posted a blog. I have been trying to find if reservations made before promo signup count too. Have you had any luck in tracking that question down?
Yup - this 25% off sale was posted on my blog at 6:29am CST in the morning as I received the promotional email directly from Club Carlson. This was posted way before, about 5 hours prior to it being posted on this FlyerTalk thread, thus not "grabbed."

Club Carlson has these promotions quite often actually, so hopefully we'll see another one (if not two) within the next 2 months.
Old May 14, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by charms81
And the registration website will go haywire when it opens
That's my bet too.
Old May 14, 2012, 2:00 pm

Clearly no one knows 100% until the T&C are posted, but I was just talking to a CSR about a status match and asked a couple of questions, so here are her answers:

She said you can get the bonus for all three brands. As to stays that you booked before signing up for the promo, she isn't sure if they will count. She said they were just talking about this around the office and it wasn't clear yet to the employees. She said last time stayed booked before promo registration didn't count, I booked my stay after registration last time, so I can't speak to that. I'm sure others remember if they counted or not.

My stays are coming up this weekend, so I am booked right now, but with refundable rates. After I register for the promo I will check and see if rooms are still available at a similar rate and if so, I will cancel and rebook just to be on the safe side.
Old May 14, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ebennike
This might be a completely silly question (I am new to CC), but the countdown clock on www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com corresponds to 12.01 am my local time, which is CEST (UTC+2). CEST is quite far from CDT (UTC-5). Is the clock showing my local time, or what is going on? As of now, the clock shows 10 hours to go from my computer. Someone, please clarify? When does the promotion start?
Originally Posted by ebennike
I tried changing my computer's clock, and you are exactly right. Funny though that they have a timer as the main attraction point on the site. A timer that is wrong for everybody not in central US. Stunning effort by CC IT.

Curious me couldn't help it, and I tried changing the clock to Samoa (UTC+13) to see if the timer would show negative numbers. It did not - it just went crazy on me blinking and reloading over and over again. Hilarious.

Anyways - glad I have CEST as my time zone. Hence, I do not have to stay up late to register
Yesterday it was showing midnight BNE time on the countdown. It is now 6am in BNE and the countdown is showing correct time which is 9 hours from now. For once I don't have to get up at a ridiculous hour, it will be 3pm here!

Originally Posted by jpdx
Enough with the referral links and blogspam! If anyone wants to sign up for Topcashback, please follow FT etiquette and use the Conga in the S.P.A.M forum. Thanks!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Thanks, joined the conga, every little bit helps!
Old May 14, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I'm still a little confused... Is the website for the radisson promo sign-up going to be the same for the country inn and park inn ones as well? And the country inn sign-up starts at midnight as well, but the park inn one starts on the 22nd?
Old May 14, 2012, 5:39 pm

Can you create multiple accounts with multiple email addresses to register and xfer the points to a central account through member services?
Old May 14, 2012, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I'm still a little confused... Is the website for the radisson promo sign-up going to be the same for the country inn and park inn ones as well? And the country inn sign-up starts at midnight as well, but the park inn one starts on the 22nd?
Same question as above here

Another question, do CC points expire?

alarm is set

now to spend a bit of time finding a Radisson and the other two brands.. anyone know of any near IAD?
Old May 14, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
Can you create multiple accounts with multiple email addresses to register and xfer the points to a central account through member services?
I created three accounts for myself during the last promotion. All three credited 50k. Different email addresses, different phone numbers. On one I used my first name, on a second I used my middle name, on the third I used first and middle initials.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.