Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another big night giveaway?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Is the pre-landing site the same as last year? Is it possible that they are being literal with "one free night" as opposed to 50k?
Old May 13, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Is the pre-landing site the same as last year? Is it possible that they are being literal with "one free night" as opposed to 50k?
Read the thread
Old May 13, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by lkar
Does anyone have a sense of the value of Club Carlson points in general. I'm trying to figure out whether, on a pure matress run, it makes more sense to book with cash or cash and points.

(My assumption here is that the cash part of cash and points stays earns points. The t&c restrict free nights, but I don't think that would include cash and points. If anyone knows differently, please post -- I think it throws the calculation off.)

I can book a radisson for $79 ai or for $56 ai plus 5,000 points. The pretax difference in room rates is $20. Assuming I can get a status match, the points I would earn for the stay for paying the extra $20 is 600. So, the question is, what are 5600 points worth? If points are worth more than .41 cents per point, I should not do cash and points and should take the extra points.

Or, put another way, is it worth 5600 points to save $23? Or, would you buy 5600 club carlson points for $23?
i know you are saying that points + cash are eligible for the bonus-but have you seen this confirmed?
rad seem to be ignoring this question on the facebook page
Old May 13, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i know you are saying that points + cash are eligible for the bonus-but have you seen this confirmed?
rad seem to be ignoring this question on the facebook page
This question has been asked dozens of times and answered yes dozens of times in this thread, the thread from the previous promo and in numerous blogs about this promo.

Any stay that earns points is eligible for this promo's bonus points.
Any stay that does not earn bonus points is not eligible for this promo's bonus points.

It's that simple.
Old May 13, 2012, 8:52 pm

I asked them to clarify some things on fb and here is the response:

‎"Lyssa all of the Big Night Giveaway details will available on Tuesday, May 15th at 12:01am CDT.....check back for all of the details - including answers to your questions - and to register at www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com"

So, I guess they just don't want to answer any questions under registration is underway.
Old May 14, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Hyatt GoldPassport, HHonors, SPG, Diners Club
This might be a completely silly question (I am new to CC), but the countdown clock on www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com corresponds to 12.01 am my local time, which is CEST (UTC+2). CEST is quite far from CDT (UTC-5). Is the clock showing my local time, or what is going on? As of now, the clock shows 10 hours to go from my computer. Someone, please clarify? When does the promotion start?
Old May 14, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Radisson Edwardian Hotels in London are counting for the promotion??
Old May 14, 2012, 7:16 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by ebennike
This might be a completely silly question (I am new to CC), but the countdown clock on www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com corresponds to 12.01 am my local time, which is CEST (UTC+2). CEST is quite far from CDT (UTC-5). Is the clock showing my local time, or what is going on? As of now, the clock shows 10 hours to go from my computer. Someone, please clarify? When does the promotion start?
The count down timer is using the time of your PC and in so far the count down time is wrong.

It is 12:01 am CDT, which is GMT -5 or CEST -7, so the promotion starts at 07:01 am CEST.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:23 am

Am I missing sth or redeem scheme has changed?
http://www.clubcarlson.com/pointspluscash
points&cash? this was only points last time thad I've looked
Old May 14, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The count down timer is using the time of your PC and in so far the count down time is wrong.

It is 12:01 am CDT, which is GMT -5 or CEST -7, so the promotion starts at 07:01 am CEST.
So it isn't midnight tonight in the UK then?
Old May 14, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by moore1984
So it isn't midnight tonight in the UK then?
1am in New York
6am in the UK
7am in Central Europe (Berlin, Rome, etc.)
Old May 14, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Hyatt GoldPassport, HHonors, SPG, Diners Club
Originally Posted by FLYGVA

I tried changing my computer's clock, and you are exactly right. Funny though that they have a timer as the main attraction point on the site. A timer that is wrong for everybody not in central US. Stunning effort by CC IT.

Curious me couldn't help it, and I tried changing the clock to Samoa (UTC+13) to see if the timer would show negative numbers. It did not - it just went crazy on me blinking and reloading over and over again. Hilarious.

Anyways - glad I have CEST as my time zone. Hence, I do not have to stay up late to register
Old May 14, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
1am in New York
6am in the UK
7am in Central Europe (Berlin, Rome, etc.)
Thanks
Old May 14, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by starflyer
Some blogger had a screen shot of the question and answer from Club Carlson Facebook page confirming that prior reservations would count. I'm not regularly a big blog reader, so I'll have to hunt around to find out which one it was.
I don't recall seeing the Facebook page response, but I am the source for some terms that are swirling around the blogs prior to the promotion launch tonight.

Here are terms I have confirmed with Club Carlson.

Club Carlson members can register for each brand promotion and earn all three bonuses.
Reservations made prior to the promotion launch for stays during the May-July promotion period are eligible for the bonus points.
Points + Cash stays are eligible for promotion bonuses.
So why do I have insider knowledge?

The past three years I have attended the Carlson Rezidor Global Summit and met with Heather Passe, VP of loyalty.

Even though I have been writing about hotel loyalty programs for five years now, the PR angle still confuses me. I was provided some additional information from the Club Carlson PR people with details like the Country Inn promotion is limited to 35,000 and Park Inn 20,000 registrants for the 44,000 points.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions and the replies I received are the points I quoted above from my Loyalty Traveler article Thursday.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...-to-july-2012/

In 14 hours we will know the published promotion details.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Earn 10% Cashback on Radisson bookings for this promo

According to the Frequent Miler, TopCashBack is increasing their cashback from 5% to 10% for this promo. Make sure and sign up for an account before you make your bookings.

Here's my link for referral XXXXX

These bookings will count towards the promo as they are still being booked through the Radisson website.

Last edited by jpdx; May 14, 2012 at 10:46 am Reason: No referrals, please! There is a Topcashback Conga in SPAM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.