Gold for shareholders?

Old May 11, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
I've emailed two different addresses now (most recently yesterday) but haven't had a response yet.

Chris
Old May 11, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
sounds not good, to get no response after 3 weeks -
anybody that applied successfully during the last weeks ?
Old May 16, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
I just noticed that the rules have changed. From now on, you need to own at least 200 shares to qualify for Gold Elite-status. And the status is valid for one year, then you will have to re-qualify the "normal" way.

I purchased shares last week and asked for a status upgrade. Haven't heard anytning since, and now the rules have changed. Wonder if I will get the Gold Elite?

Link: http://www.rezidor.com/phoenix.zhtml...-sharebenefits
Old May 16, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Totopez
I just noticed that the rules have changed. From now on, you need to own at least 200 shares to qualify for Gold Elite-status. And the status is valid for one year, then you will have to re-qualify the "normal" way.

I purchased shares last week and asked for a status upgrade. Haven't heard anytning since, and now the rules have changed. Wonder if I will get the Gold Elite?

Link: http://www.rezidor.com/phoenix.zhtml...-sharebenefits
That's sneaky!
Old May 16, 2012, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Totopez
I think you are wrong in this matter.
You have to requalify every year per program rules.
The rules is for the sharholder program... = you have to have 200 or more shares..
Old May 16, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
good decision that I have bought 300 shares :-)
hope that the program rules are really just to own the 200 shares to requalify;
did anybody already send a mail to clarify ?
Old May 17, 2012, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by evapor8
I've emailed two different addresses now (most recently yesterday) but haven't had a response yet.

Chris
after one week of no reply at all, I resent the mail, but also included also [email protected]; within 4 hours I got a reply that I am Goldmember now
Old May 18, 2012, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Ubbe
I think you are wrong in this matter.
You have to requalify every year per program rules.
The rules is for the sharholder program... = you have to have 200 or more shares..
I have contacted customer service and they informed me that the requalification can only be done by reaching the number of stays / nights. Having > 200 shares is only enough for the first year of Gols status.

Actually a bit strange for me. I would rather recommend them to increase the number of shares instead. My wife will now not buy any shares but match instead with another hotel program.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:09 pm

Does anyone know if you can qualify with the stock traded in berlin, under this symbol: RPZ.BE? It is listed as Rezidor Hotel Group, and its shares are only trading around $3 per share, which would be much better than the approx $6 that REZD is trading at.

Also, is it definite that you have to hold the 200 shares the qualify? Anyone have any luck otherwise?
Old May 19, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
While my thoughts may be unpopular here, I hope they do only allow one year of Gold status to shareholders. . . unless of course one stays enough nights or stays during that year to re-qualify the traditional way.

I have been considering whether to go through the annoying process to buy this stock on a foreign exchange (I'm in the U.S), and it would be an annoyance to me and no real benefit to the company if I only buy a couple hundred shares. On the other hand, if one can be perpetually gold, then I will probably do it, or else I would feel that I am a sucker for not being gold the easy way. Over time, however, the gold benefit would have to be diluted (more golds competing for free upgrades, etc.), as more and more people would take advantage of this. . . and then I would lose out whether I qualify for gold with stays or with the stock.

If they want to offer gold status in perpetuity for a stockholder, then I think the minimum holding requirement should be at least $10K or more (and require that you demonstrate your continued holdings annually). . . so that at least the company would derive some theoretical benefit and gold status will not be diluted.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
While my thoughts may be unpopular here, I hope they do only allow one year of Gold status to shareholders. . . unless of course one stays enough nights or stays during that year to re-qualify the traditional way.

I have been considering whether to go through the annoying process to buy this stock on a foreign exchange (I'm in the U.S), and it would be an annoyance to me and no real benefit to the company if I only buy a couple hundred shares. On the other hand, if one can be perpetually gold, then I will probably do it, or else I would feel that I am a sucker for not being gold the easy way. Over time, however, the gold benefit would have to be diluted (more golds competing for free upgrades, etc.), as more and more people would take advantage of this. . . and then I would lose out whether I qualify for gold with stays or with the stock.

If they want to offer gold status in perpetuity for a stockholder, then I think the minimum holding requirement should be at least $10K or more (and require that you demonstrate your continued holdings annually). . . so that at least the company would derive some theoretical benefit and gold status will not be diluted.
Good point on aligning interests. Though a lot of the benefits shareholders receive in various programs have either no minimum or 100 minimum share limits. 100 shares could be more or less than $10K depending on company share price. Why should I be responsible for the fact that the company's shares lost value? And what valuation date do you use?

Maybe offer X stays credit per Y shares? Though I could see that becoming cumbersome.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by rotwein
I have contacted customer service and they informed me that the requalification can only be done by reaching the number of stays / nights. Having > 200 shares is only enough for the first year of Gols status.

Actually a bit strange for me. I would rather recommend them to increase the number of shares instead. My wife will now not buy any shares but match instead with another hotel program.
At businessclass.se some member also contacted Clubcarlson an get a different answer Look at link http://www.businessclass.se/hotell/2...html#post53038 and use translation..
If you can prove you own >200 shares you will be gold next year too. And so on...
Old May 28, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I'm new to CC and have a question. If I buy 200 shares today, would I get Gold for only the rest of 2012, or both 2012 and 2013, or one calendar year from the date of enrollment?
Old May 29, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
you will get gold until the end of 02/2013 - but -up to the cs- maybe you get lucky and they will give you gold valid until 02/2014.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:43 pm

If you get an Amex Platinum you will get carlson gold as long as you are a platinum member, without stay requirements

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.