Wiki Posts
Search

Park Plaza Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Park Plaza Schiphol

I've booked a couple of gold member 4-for-2s at this property for 27,50e a night. Seems I've not only found a potential gem of a mattress run, but the property looks decent too.

Wondering if anyone has stayed here and has any insight into the rooms, location, elite treatment, etc. I'm not a tourist at all so I'm not looking for something special.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:40 am

Depends on what your going to do in Holland ( Amsterdam area )

This hotel is not that close to the city center, so shopping, eating out etc would be hassle from this location out.

I have been in the Park plaza Vondelpark 2 weeks ago and it's ok, and near al the big things to do in Amsterdam.

Ow, and elite treatment is bad all over Amsterdam.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Actually, I won't be going to Amsterdam really at all, but rather Utrecht. I guess the times from Amsterdam Centraal - Utrecht and Schiphol - Utrecht are the same, so that shouldn't be a concern. Utrecht hotels are much more expensive, at least if I want to collect some points....

I wasn't expecting any kind of benefit - I don't think I've ever gotten any kind of benefit at any Dutch property, with the exception of the CP Amsterdam Centre (which doesn't really provide that benefit anymore )
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed here multiple times as a Silver, if you ask you can usually get a upgrade to an Executive room which is much larger than a standard room, even as a silver. Front desk staff is qlueless about the Club carlson program, you do have to remind them of all your benefits, but they are not reluctant to give them to you if you ask! The restaurant is nice but quite expensive. If you need bottled water, you could better buy it at the airport as at the hotel you can only buy an expensive CAN of water from a vending machine.

It's a nice airport hotel but for a trip to Utrecht? I would think dealing with the shuttle and trains would be a real hassle (shuttle has to be reserved for travel to the airport, airport to hotel not), have you had a look at prices at the ParkPlaza Utrecht?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomas199023
It's a nice airport hotel but for a trip to Utrecht? I would think dealing with the shuttle and trains would be a real hassle (shuttle has to be reserved for travel to the airport, airport to hotel not), have you had a look at prices at the ParkPlaza Utrecht?
The PP Utrecht is about 120E a night, and this is going to be under 30E a night!

I've had a look at the NS timetables, and it seems that Schiphol has a train every 15 minutes. I've managed to get one of those 40%-off abonommenten chipkaarts so I can finally afford the Dutch trains

I'll make sure to ask for the upgrades!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
The PP Utrecht is about 120E a night, and this is going to be under 30E a night!
#

which date you found that rate ?
The most economic rate that I found on 2-4-1 rate is 39,50 EUR/day ..
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schauschun
#

which date you found that rate ?
The most economic rate that I found on 2-4-1 rate is 39,50 EUR/day ..
2-for-1 isn't available on my dates I'm going to be there starting this weekend....

I know that property and it doesn't look like it's worth any more than 100/night....F+F is a possibility there, but I love nothing more than getting my points..
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:08 am

I stayed at this property last month and just finished doing a writeup about it: http://www.openjaw.be/post/330843925...terdam-airport
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Bump staying here tonight. Any recent updates?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: Accor Platinum CC Concierge FB Platinum
I use this hotel since a couple of months on a regular basis. You have shuttle service to Schiphol Airport and from here you can go to most of the Dutch places with a direct train connection.

The hotel has a small gym and Spa.

I always get an upgrade without asking. When you have the upgrade, you get access to the business area next to the elevators. From 17-19 they service finger food and drinks complementary.

The restaurant is very busy and expensive. A disadvantage for this hotel is that there no restaurants around the hotel.

I funny thing is that when I had my first stay, I got a box with Speculaas, a Dutch sweet. The second time a box with chocolates, the third time fruit and a bottle of water and ever since only a bottle of water. Apparently they don't find you as interesting after 10 stays as during the first stay.

For sure this hotel is offering good value for money.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: A3, KL, HHonors, A-Club, CC
I have also had over 10 stays there this year Upgrade every time, and I did receive a nice welcome gift every time, from a nice tin with speculaas through to an etagère with macaroons and very nice pralines. This was always accompanied by a bottle of water. The restaurant is very disappointing, I have eaten there a few times and found it lacking in choice and too elitist, on top of it being expensive.

Seeing as my status is Gold and fresnke66 lists his at Concierge, staff may just be clueless about the status? They keep on mentioning how glad they are to see a Gold Member staying at their property.

If I need/want something to eat, I tend to walk to Badhoevedorp where there are several options (and an Albert Heijn and Lidl too), it takes about 20 minutes to get there. You can also walk to a near-by BP petrol station at Ookmeerweg in Amsterdam, I guess that takes about 10-12 minutes on foot.

Parking is € 5 per day, or if you need to park for longer periods you can book a package. Especially this makes it much more attractive option than parking at P3 because the hotel can regularly be snatched for € 60-70 per night.

All in all, I heartily recommend this hotel
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:37 am

Stayed here last week. Arrived around 9pm, no upgrade nor welcome amenity. I stay here about 5 times a year and it seems hit or miss, I have however never been in the business lounge, is this a new thing?

This seems to happen each time I arrive late at the hotel, as I think the evening staff might not be very knowledgeable about Club Carlson status, or they are to busy with flight crews...

After filling in the survey, I did get a very quick response back from the front desk manager, apologizing and promising to improve this. I will continue staying here as it is one off the best value AMS hotels. And even the basic rooms are nice, clean and quiet.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:07 am

I just posted my experience in the general sticky. The hotel is actually OK, the rooms are nice and they did upgrade me to an executive room. No welcome gift or anything, though. I agree with others about the food...it really isn't particularly good. Overall though, the stay was fine until check-out.

They handled a problem really poorly.

They handed out information sheets at check-in with quick rundown of all the hotel services, including airport shuttles: it simply stated 5:15 a.m. the airport shuttle starts, and continues every 30 minutes. When I went down at 5:45, they told me there was no shuttle, it was only every hour early in the morning. Miscommunication happens...and he apologized and said they'd update those information sheets, but wasn't really helpful in finding an alternative way to the airport... :-\
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Looked at booking this on a return from an Ex EU trip. 2 People 28000 points but when I add my Daughter 44000 !!! Seems a bit steep to me. Anyone know what the cash adder would be if I booked for 2 on points and added her at checkin for cash?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Looked at booking this on a return from an Ex EU trip. 2 People 28000 points but when I add my Daughter 44000 !!! Seems a bit steep to me. Anyone know what the cash adder would be if I booked for 2 on points and added her at checkin for cash?
I had booked this at the pre-devaluation rate of 15,000 pts for an upcoming stay next week. When I spotted the hotel on LMTclub for a rate of $86 plus tax (including breakfast buffet), I canceled the pts. booking. I added my Carlson Gold number to the comments at LMT, and the cash booking showed up immediately under my ClubCarlson reservations. I'll be curious to see if I get pts. and gold credit for the OTA reservation. LMT has all 3 AMS Radisson hotels in their offerings on a regular basis. (Unfortunately, you can't use LMT for the BRG as it is considered a "club" and not publicly listed rates!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.