Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland blackout dates?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Iceland blackout dates?

I'm looking into booking stay in Iceland for summer next year, which seems to be one of the best RR redemptions (particularly 1919 with cash rates exceeding 400 euros per night in the high season). The interesting thing is that all hotels in Iceland offer points rates up until 29th of May - but not a single night after that, in any Icelandic hotel, despite standard rooms being available when I choose cash.
Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this? Are there some kind of blackout dates for redemptions in Iceland during the high season (despite RR claiming they don't have any), or is it something else?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:59 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radi...ard-stays.html
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold
Are you trying with more than 2 people per room? That usually makes them all go "dark."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.