Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
This would be awesome. I love staying in the Radisson Blu hotels in Europe.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I am waiting for this card too. Since their recent promos I have really enjoyed CC hotels and added them to my list. I like you would love to stay in their European chains. Anyone with more knowledge know if the first public offer of a credit card is the best or should you wait for the better offer?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
The US Bank is one of my least favorite ones but we should wait and see how it plays out.
My bigger concern is that "Stay One Get One Free" type of promos will die down once the card is launched.

Ever since Hyatt launched their CC their promos are dismal
Let's hope that Club Carlson does not fall into this trap.

RM
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Perhaps these promos are to test the market for the card. Dole out 50k see how many bite. Give them a taste then drop a card out there.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
For me, the demise of the Hyatt program was directly correlated with the Hyatt Credit Card. I went from Diamond to nothing with that program as its completely sold its soul to the devil.

I do fear this program will be as useful as Goldpassport currently is once the CC hits.

as someone stated, this can't be good news
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:44 pm

It'll be good news for me. Looking forward to it.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:14 am

Anyone heard any rumbling as to when this might be happening? The last I heard was "Q4 2012", but that was a long time ago.

I'm preparing for my next churn and planning a trip to London. Having a fair few CC points stashed away, a credit card top-up would be great, especially given that I'll be losing my Elite status soon.

Thanks,
-Karl
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by Rumeli
The US Bank is one of my least favorite ones but we should wait and see how it plays out.
My bigger concern is that "Stay One Get One Free" type of promos will die down once the card is launched.

Ever since Hyatt launched their CC their promos are dismal
Let's hope that Club Carlson does not fall into this trap.

RM
After giving it some thought, I don’t think that the promos themselves will die. I just think that they will be targeted to those that have obtained the CC branded credit card. That way they can have a flurry of people sign up, spend money at their properties with the credit card to maximize the values and curb off some of the “free loaders” that are only in it for the points, not to experience the brand. It’s win/win for them. Enticing people by giving out Gold status isn’t going to cut it as the Elite tiers are abysmal with CC. Card holder exclusive offers are much more interesting.

Honestly, if Club Carlson made their 50,000/44,000 point offers, 25,000 points for 2 nights and Buy 1 Get 1 offers exclusive to me as a card holder, I’d be less apt to churn the card in fear that I would miss out on an opportunity in between applications. It would be well worth the annual fee in savings alone.

But, as we’ve heard nothing of any development with this, it’s all hearsay.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
If they would limit promotions to card holders, they would have to make the credit card available outside the US as well or give up non-US customers. Unlikely.

People, don't forget that there is a world outside the US
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Someone on Milepoint reported this:

"I spoke with a telephone agent a few weeks ago who said they were to release the card by the end of the year. Its getting here quick, we'll see."
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Word-of-mouth marketing will increase as the roll-out draws nigh.

Friends, this will be a one-off thrill - the joining bonus - and then we'll be left with a credit card loyalty program whose need to maximize its own profits squeezes out the stay and hotel loyalty incentives going forward. For us loyal stayers, sort of like waking up the morning after, and...

The dynamic might be different in a huge program - Hilton? - where the management doesn't feel the need to downgrade the stay loyalty program as a result, but Carlson and Club Carlson are of the order of magnitude of Hyatt and Gold Passport, and it must be a zero-sum game.

It will be a giddy win for Carlson, as it rakes in the revenue from the credit card for all kinds of spend. But it's not "win-win". The sages here told us so at the advent of the "Gold Passport" credit card, and they've been proved right.

Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Word-of-mouth marketing will increase as the roll-out draws nigh.

Friends, this will be a one-off thrill - the joining bonus - and then we'll be left with a credit card loyalty program whose need to maximize its own profits squeezes out the stay and hotel loyalty incentives going forward. For us loyal stayers, sort of like waking up the morning after, and...

The dynamic might be different in a huge program - Hilton? - where the management doesn't feel the need to downgrade the stay loyalty program as a result, but Carlson and Club Carlson are of the order of magnitude of Hyatt and Gold Passport, and it must be a zero-sum game.

It will be a giddy win for Carlson, as it rakes in the revenue from the credit card for all kinds of spend. But it's not "win-win". The sages here told us so at the advent of the "Gold Passport" credit card, and they've been proved right.
You haven't factored in countries.

Perhaps Hyatt has a bigger focus (proportionally) on the US than "Hilton Worldwide" does?

And isn't Club Carlson way more focused internationally (I associate them more with Europe, due to the Radisson SAS subbrand, than anyplace else) than Hyatt?

So I'm nut sure it makes sense to compare a US-only credit card's effect on different programs when those program vary a lot between each other as to how US-centrric the programs are.

Besides, Hyatt started out with elite levels that meant something, but my impression from this forum is that Carlson is starting out with elite levels that already mean very little. (Ie, it's more comparable to Priority Club, isn't it?)
Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You haven't factored in countries.

Perhaps Hyatt has a bigger focus (proportionally) on the US than "Hilton Worldwide" does?

And isn't Club Carlson way more focused internationally (I associate them more with Europe, due to the Radisson SAS subbrand, than anyplace else) than Hyatt?

So I'm nut sure it makes sense to compare a US-only credit card's effect on different programs when those program vary a lot between each other as to how US-centrric the programs are.

Besides, Hyatt started out with elite levels that meant something, but my impression from this forum is that Carlson is starting out with elite levels that already mean very little. (Ie, it's more comparable to Priority Club, isn't it?)
Very good point sdsearch!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is 25K really the sign-up bonus? That is just terrible. At least give out 80K or something.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Is 25K really the sign-up bonus? That is just terrible. At least give out 80K or something.
Where are you getting this from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.