Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Chicago - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Rene23
Would someone please PM me the GM's email? I'd like to ask if they'll let me book 2 nights instead of the 3 night minimum for a weekday award redemption that's popping up for the week I need. Thank you.
Any chance someone has the GM's e-mail still? Heading there this weekend.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:20 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Staying, as a gold, with my 8 year old son. he has a class as Adler Planetarium. I have free certificate from CC and used it for Radisson Blu.

Offered $49 for business room, if available.

I would like to get lounge access for free and don't care about room. We're both spoiled with high status at hotels but for $49 I think we can walk somewhere and have a breakfast on way to Adler.

Neither one of us drinks evening snacks are always fun but once again not for $49...

From this thread it seems some gold members get access and some do not.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by thepla
Staying, as a gold, with my 8 year old son. he has a class as Adler Planetarium. I have free certificate from CC and used it for Radisson Blu.

Offered $49 for business room, if available.

I would like to get lounge access for free and don't care about room. We're both spoiled with high status at hotels but for $49 I think we can walk somewhere and have a breakfast on way to Adler.

Neither one of us drinks evening snacks are always fun but once again not for $49...

From this thread it seems some gold members get access and some do not.

Any thoughts?
Is your call. I'm local as well, western suburds, and have stayed there several times in the past, both as paid reservation, and points. Been upgraded as well, but only received lounge access a couple of times. Worth it? not really for $49, besides, if you are parking in there, should be about $50 or so, might need to include that in your budget.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed Birthday Staycation at Aqua using my US BANK Apology E-Cert. Booked Standard, double upgrade to Business Floor #17, Corner Room with Lake Front NE views (River, Navy Pier, Lake, Millennium Park). Great Views, although obstructed by other buildings. Huge Wrap around balcony. Not many hotels have balconies.

As Concierge, 2 welcome drinks at lobby bar, welcome gift of 2 bottles of fancy water, letter from GM and large nut mix. 1pm Checkout.

Access to Lounge that has open self serve bar 5-9 and breakfast 7-11. Afternoon snacks 3 hot choices, 3 cold choices. Very Acceptable.

I liked the hotel. I only wish that there were more Radisson properties like this in the US.

Valet Parking $63/ 24 hours with in and out privileges.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:38 am

Trying to use my free night E-cert for next Saturday Nov 12th. It's saying no E-cert availability however there are plenty of rooms open for booking. I'm Concierge so I normally get upgraded to business class and those rooms are available. Tried calling customer service which contacted the hotel and said they can't accommodate me because they're having an "event." But shouldn't that be irrelevant if the rooms are available? I tried calling the hotel myself but got disconnected twice. Quite frustrating. Anyone have the GM's email or know of what else I can do?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Johnny Parker
Trying to use my free night E-cert for next Saturday Nov 12th. It's saying no E-cert availability however there are plenty of rooms open for booking. I'm Concierge so I normally get upgraded to business class and those rooms are available. Tried calling customer service which contacted the hotel and said they can't accommodate me because they're having an "event." But shouldn't that be irrelevant if the rooms are available? I tried calling the hotel myself but got disconnected twice. Quite frustrating. Anyone have the GM's email or know of what else I can do?
Is this an apology e-cert or annual e-cert? Make sure you input the code besides e-cert number.

Also, try booking on a different date, then call the hotel and have them move the date. This has worked for me in the past when there is no reward availability. You can also negotiate to pay up for a suite or premium room with points or cash.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:54 am

Just completed a stay using free night certificate, had a fantastic stay, upgrade to top floor, suite, access to EL. Great health club on 2nd floor, nice lobby, restaurant. By far the best Radisson I have stayed in. I wish more properties were like this.
uggboy likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Guy commits suicide by jumping off Rad Blue Chicago.

Man who jumped from Aqua building was Ohio priest under investigation - Chicago Tribune
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:43 pm

Decided to book a valentine's day staycation.
I was called day of arrival at around noon that my room was ready for check in and I was upgraded to best room available, it turned out to be presidential suite. very nice! Corner room with 2 balconies. Modern, minimalist and trendy, but luxurious decor.
Received welcome letter, bottle of wine and snack mix as welcome amenity, plus 2 bottles of fancy sparkling water.
Access to 17th floor lounge, afternoon complimentary self serve beer, wine and food 6-8pm. Breakfast 7-11am. Overall good quality and excellent service.
Used 2nd floor gym that is very large has sauna, steam, half basketball court,etc (It is a health club for hotel guests and residents of apartments in building).
This is my 4th yearly visit and I am glad that quality has been consistently excellent, and hotel has kept up in great shape.
Late check out till 1pm.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:17 am

Free night certificate interesting DP: Got several certs due to $10k spending. Successfully found availability and booked two nights at the Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago. The booking confirmation shows a room rate of like ~$400, of which ~$285 was deducted by the e-cert, leaving a room rate of $115. Contacted Radisson to get an explanation, who in turn contacted the hotel.

The hotel emailed back directly, letting us know the nights should indeed be free (the e-mail says all taxes and fees covered, but I'm pretty sure we're still on the hook for the $25 destination fee), and that the reason the confirmation shows $115 per night has to do with how the hotel gets reimbursed by Radisson for the e-cert. So no need to be alarmed. I'm keeping the e-mail if/when it becomes an issue at checkout.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by MisterMechE
Free night certificate interesting DP: Got several certs due to $10k spending. Successfully found availability and booked two nights at the Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago. The booking confirmation shows a room rate of like ~$400, of which ~$285 was deducted by the e-cert, leaving a room rate of $115. Contacted Radisson to get an explanation, who in turn contacted the hotel.

The hotel emailed back directly, letting us know the nights should indeed be free (the e-mail says all taxes and fees covered, but I'm pretty sure we're still on the hook for the $25 destination fee), and that the reason the confirmation shows $115 per night has to do with how the hotel gets reimbursed by Radisson for the e-cert. So no need to be alarmed. I'm keeping the e-mail if/when it becomes an issue at checkout.
This is pretty common in all chains, this is what the hotel gets reimbursed for your points or certificate stay. You will probably get points for that amount, I have in the past at the Aqua, plus all other bonus points.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any recent stays here? Have upcoming work travels that bring me nearby - would normally stay at the Westin River North or Langham but need to stay here. Don't have any status with Choice Privileges but did recently enroll. Seems the property is a real anomaly among U.S. Radisson locations and reviews seem positive but curious if there have been any boots on the ground lately. The pools and gym look very nice, not sure how the rooms are holding up after 12 years and if there has been any recent renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.