FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   New Triple Points Promo Jan. 10 - March 16 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1300849-new-triple-points-promo-jan-10-march-16-a.html)

christianj Jan 10, 2012 10:49 am

New Triple Points Promo Jan. 10 - March 16

This promo was mentioned in the Promotions thread by geeprice but I think it deserves it's own thread because it really is another great promo from Carlson for the first couple of months of 2012. Again....credit on finding this goes to geeprice and here is his/her original post in the Promotions thread:

Originally Posted by geeprice (Post 17780847)
Looks like there is a new Club Carlson promotion starting as of tomorrow, just got a sticker for it checking in this afternoon:

Triple Points.
Faster Nights.
Now earn Triple Gold Points Wordwide
Jan 10- Mar 16, 2012 Register and learn more at Clubcarlson.com/triplepoints

The URL is not live yet so no exact details on the Promo terms.

Here's the live link:

https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/o...l=triplepoints

supermasterphil Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks, already signed up. ^

Are there any other current promotions I should know about? In the next months, it looks like I will be staying at Radisson Blu properties at least three nights per week and I am relatively new to the Carlson Club / Radisson. (I already did the XING silver promo)

Fanjet Jan 10, 2012 2:52 pm

70 points per dollar (for a Gold member) plus the 2K online booking bonus can really add up. Too bad I just had a stay this past weekend. I hope this will work on Cash&Points stays as well. On a 1-night, 5K+cash rate you can basically get those 5K points back (with the online booking bonus), and would just be paying a reduced rate for your stay. LOVE IT!!!

moore1984 Jan 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for this. As a newbie here, do Carlson normally run quarterly promo's in the same way HH/PC do?

Sweet Willie Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks for posting !

onthego15 Jan 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by moore1984 (Post 17788912)
Thanks for this. As a newbie here, do Carlson normally run quarterly promo's in the same way HH/PC do?

Lately Carlson has been having two promos running at the same time. And their promos have been more often than quarterly. Just scroll back thru this forum and you will see.
For example the 9000 point promo is still going even as this promo is announced:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...00-points.html

sdsearch Jan 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by moore1984 (Post 17788912)

Actually, the only promos that PC runs quarterly are the "lightly targeted" Stay X, Get Y kinds of promos.

The "public" promos at PC (like the Double Points or Double Miles starting up soon) tend to be only three a year, not four a year, and thus not really "quarterly".

Hilton is the only hotel program that runs (and aligns) its "public" promos on a calendar quarter basis.

TennisFan Jan 11, 2012 7:14 am

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a list of non-participating hotels anywhere. Does anyone know where I can see said list? Thanks.

RDB68 Jan 11, 2012 9:27 am

Originally Posted by TennisFan (Post 17791991)
Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a list of non-participating hotels anywhere. Does anyone know where I can see said list? Thanks.

Though the page says something about staying at particiapting hotels, I haven't seen a list.

I like triple points! ^

tsmith12 Jan 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Guys, I have a Q regarding a reservation I'm making at Country Inn & Suites on 1/17

I signed up for the triple points offer and I'm booking a room under the "double gold points package" rate. So, will I get triple points on the "double gold points package" or will they merely add double points after they credit me triple points on the regular one-night rate.

Fwiw, I'm a Gold Elite and the room is $90/night (dbl points package), $83 (regular rate) Do you know how many points I'll get after for a one-night stay? TIA

Ambraciot Jan 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12 (Post 17794544)
I signed up for the triple points offer and I'm booking a room under the "double gold points package" rate. So, will I get triple points on the "double gold points package" or will they merely add double points after they credit me triple points on the regular one-night rate.

The triple points offer terms and conditions says the offer is really a bonus 40 gold points per $ eligible to earn gold points. So as a Gold you would get 90 points per $ for your stay plus the 2,000 point booking bonus.

ehud Jan 12, 2012 7:46 am

Hi

As a "newbie" to Club Carlson...

Can I earn the triple points for a 1 night stay for 6 rooms that I'm booking (and paying)?
Can I earn those points if I'm booking through Expedia?

Many thanks

WORLDWIDE TRAVELER Jan 12, 2012 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ehud (Post 17799339)
Hi

As a "newbie" to Club Carlson...

Can I earn the triple points for a 1 night stay for 6 rooms that I'm booking (and paying)?
Can I earn those points if I'm booking through Expedia?

Many thanks

Yes you get all the points and as an advice it is better to transfer all others room charges to your room number and ask for just 1 Total bill.
If you book expedia usually you dont get points but some times if you are lucky you do.

jerry305 Jan 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Really? There is no limit to the number of rooms a Club Carlson member can earn at the same hotel in one night? I would expect 3 or 5 max.

jbvideo Jan 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER (Post 17800597)
Yes you get all the points and as an advice it is better to transfer all others room charges to your room number and ask for just 1 Total bill.
If you book expedia usually you dont get points but some times if you are lucky you do.

There is a limit of 3 rooms to get points for. Also the case for triple points