FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   (Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1275678-expired-2011-promo-stay-one-night-radisson-earn-50-000-bonus-points.html)

onthego15 Nov 2, 2011 7:44 pm

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Radisson is giving away 50,000 Gold Points to the first 50,000 Club Carlson members who register and stay at a Radisson hotel through Dec. 30, 2011.
The promotion begins Nov. 10 and you must stay one night at any Radisson hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean.
If your stay occurs after all of the 50,000 bonuses have been given away, you’ll still receive 15,000 bonus Gold Points.

Here's the link to the press release but the link to register isn't live yet.

----------------------------------------------------------

Q & A Section for those who need to know more

You don't even have to use the search function...
UPDATE:

Stays with Check-In on December the 30th and Check-Out on December the 31st are NOT elegible for this promotion! Last day for a stay that counts is December the 29th.

1. If the registration site says 50,000 points and you register, you will receive 50,000 points for your stay.
If it says 15,000 points, the capacity has been reached and you will only receive 15,000 points for your stay.
As of right now, the capacity has NOT been reached meaning that you can still register for the 50,000 points.
Extact T&C`s of the promotion can be found here.

2. You will receive either 50,000 points or 15,000 points in addition to the regular points for your stay depending on the time of your registration.
You should see this message after you went through steps 1 and 2 of the registration process:
"You are now registered for the
BIG NIGHT GIVEAWAY offer.
To receive your bonus points,
make sure you stay with us by
the night of Dec 29, 2011. "

The Big Night Giveaway bonus is not applicable if you choose to earn miles for your Radisson Hotel stay. You must choose to earn Gold Points for your hotel stay to earn the promotion bonus.

3. Stays must be at a Radisson branded hotel in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean. No other hotel brands in the Carlson chain will work for this promo. Radisson or Radisson Blu only.

4. Bonus points will be credited 6 to 8 weeks after your stay. Be patient.

5. To have a stay which qualifies for this promotion you can only book via Radisson`s website.
There you can use whatever discount method you have available (i.e. BRG) and your stay will still qualify.
This has been clarified by a company representative here.
Booking via any other 3rd party website will prevent you from getting those promotional bonus points.

6. Any stays after 12/30/11 will NOT count towards this promo.

7. The phantom stay info is located in post #358. If you can't figure it out, then please do your own research. There is no need to PM anyone requesting the info. The "jigg" is up - this does not work anymore!

There is also a useful blog by satori, a member of FT:
a. Clarification of T&C`s of this promotion via Club Carlosn rep

b. Rate analysis to be found here.

ChrisFlyer66 Nov 2, 2011 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 17381294)
Radisson is giving away 50,000 Gold Points to the first 50,000 Club Carlson members who register and stay at a Radisson hotel through Dec. 30, 2011.
The promotion begins Nov. 10 and you must stay one night at any Radisson hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean. If your stay occurs after all of the 50,000 bonuses have been given away, you’ll still receive 15,000 bonus Gold Points.

Here's the link to the press release but the link to register isn't live yet:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...133070263.html

Wow, any indication of when we will be able to register?

bsdstone Nov 2, 2011 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 17381294)
The promotion begins Nov. 10 and you must stay one night at any Radisson hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean. If your stay occurs after all of the 50,000 bonuses have been given away, you’ll still receive 15,000 bonus Gold Points.

Here's the link to the press release but the link to register isn't live yet:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...133070263.html

I only need ~15,000 points to have enough to stay at the new Radisson Blu in Chicago...I'll be doing this promotion...would love to see Radisson Blu take off in the states! ^

onthego15 Nov 2, 2011 8:53 pm

Radisson has a countdown page with more details:
http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com/countdown

I bolded one sentence that is good news. Read the terms and conditions here:

The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club CarlsonSM members for new reservations. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any participating Radisson® or Radisson Blu hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean ("Participating Hotels"). The Qualifying Stay must begin on or after November 10, 2011 and be completed by December 30, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights through the Promotion Period, for which the guest specifically booked a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Eligible rate Terms and Conditions. Guest must be enrolled in Club Carlson and registered in the Promotion at the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 50,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay. Every guest who completes the Promotion Registration after the first 50,000 registrations will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a regular stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points. Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to appear on account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other package, promotion, group or convention rate, or any other discounted rate. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. Participating Hotels are subject to change without notice and the number of rooms and room types available for this Promotion at Participating Hotels may be limited. Promotion void where prohibited by law. Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Radisson is not responsible for: interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Registration information. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

ChrisFlyer66 Nov 2, 2011 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 17381589)
Radisson has a countdown page with more details:
http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com/countdown

I bolded one sentence that is good news. Read the terms and conditions here:

The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club CarlsonSM members for new reservations. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any participating Radisson® or Radisson Blu hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean ("Participating Hotels"). The Qualifying Stay must begin on or after November 10, 2011 and be completed by December 30, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights through the Promotion Period, for which the guest specifically booked a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Eligible rate Terms and Conditions. Guest must be enrolled in Club Carlson and registered in the Promotion at the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 50,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay. Every guest who completes the Promotion Registration after the first 50,000 registrations will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a regular stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points. Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to appear on account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other package, promotion, group or convention rate, or any other discounted rate. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. Participating Hotels are subject to change without notice and the number of rooms and room types available for this Promotion at Participating Hotels may be limited. Promotion void where prohibited by law. Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Radisson is not responsible for: interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Registration information. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

Do you think this would exclude a government rate? Also, I interpret this as saying we must make the reservation AFTER we register, since it is not valid for existing reservations?

IkeEsq Nov 3, 2011 4:43 am

Originally Posted by jake66 (Post 17381348)
Wow, any indication of when we will be able to register?

Midnight EST on 11/10/11. :mad:

onthego15 Nov 3, 2011 7:31 am

Originally Posted by jake66 (Post 17381775)
Do you think this would exclude a government rate? Also, I interpret this as saying we must make the reservation AFTER we register, since it is not valid for existing reservations?

If you make a reservation on the Radisson website, and check the details, it will tell you if a booking receives miles/points. I tried it for a discounted rate and no miles/points were awarded. For the regular rate, miles/points were awarded.

Countdown page http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com/countdown
ends on midnight of the 9th. So registration should open at 12:01 am EST on the 10th (we switch from daylight savings time to standard time this Sunday morning).

Doc Savage Nov 3, 2011 12:01 pm

Notably, this is one free night, not 50,000 points. A bit of a difference, though still good.

onthego15 Nov 3, 2011 1:30 pm

It's more than 50,000 points, because you can get 2000 points for booking online plus you get 20 points per dollar for whatever you pay for your room.
Plus, if you are new to Club Carlson, you can get 2000 points here:
http://www.clubcarlson.com/privatePa...ode=NEXTSTAY2K
So, if you end up with 54000 points+, you could have 6 nights at a Cat. 1 hotel.

bsdstone Nov 3, 2011 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 17385842)
It's more than 50,000 points, because you can get 2000 points for booking online plus you get 20 points per dollar for whatever you pay for your room.
So, if you end up with 54000 points+, you could have 6 nights at a Cat. 1 hotel.

I thought it called out for a free night...or do you get the 50,000 points?:confused:

raiz Nov 3, 2011 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone (Post 17385933)
I thought it called out for a free night...or do you get the 50,000 points?:confused:

As per the terms:

"The first 50,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of the Qualifying Stay"

terms also state that the stay must be completed at a "participating Radisson or Radisson Blu" But is not clear as to what determines participation.

IkeEsq Nov 4, 2011 7:51 am

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 17385842)

You can also use code=OPBCSL11 to start at Silver Elite level. Worked for my wife and me two days ago. More on the Silver promo codes in the other thread I just bumped.

ChrisFlyer66 Nov 4, 2011 8:52 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone (Post 17385933)

You get 50,000 points!

ChrisFlyer66 Nov 4, 2011 9:04 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 17390502)
You can also use code=OPBCSL11 to start at Silver Elite level. Worked for my wife and me two days ago. More on the Silver promo codes in the other thread I just bumped.

can you do both promos? (get the 2000 points and silver status)?

SwissCircle Nov 4, 2011 10:56 am

It's a nice promotion - if you are going to stay within the regions that have been chosen elegible.

Why do most chains / alliances neglect Europe?

My guess is that business in the aformentioned regions is slow and in Europe quite good.
But it also could be pure ignorance.