Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hobo13
Does a Radisson Resort qualify for the 50k bonus?
To answer my own question -- Radisson Resort Orlando Celebration did count.

Sent my folks on a $66 (25% off) rate. They had a blast, as apparently it's a pretty nice place. I'm happy to take the 50k points (and avoid the mouse!)
Old Dec 25, 2011, 7:32 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tsmith12
So, reservation under her name and use her CC to reserve (site says payment will be charged at hotel..not prepay)...when I go to check in, it'll be ok to pay using my CC and she can get the points?

There is no "comments" section..only thing I see is "special requests" -should my name be put there? Or, do I reserve room for 2 adults (booked under her act profile and my name added in spcl requests) and then try to check in saying she will not be able to make it and use my CC instead at the desk?

Thanks..appreciate the help. I have to stay in a hotel tmrw and I rather do this and get her 50K points.
Nevermind...got things sorted out and made the reservation. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Is anyone headed to any of the cheaper Radissons this week who could do a check in for me? I'm stuck in an area with no Radisson for 200 miles, and I have to dog sit. I got 2 nights in Dallas but have 2-3 more accounts I'd like to grab. I see Jacksonville, FL is really good as is the Dallas property.

If anyone is headed anywhere, please PM me if you can help me out. I'd like to get these points for Europe. I know I should have done them all at once, but I thought spacing them out would be less obvious. Silly me!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: US,PC
-----

Last edited by dracs; Dec 26, 2011 at 8:40 am Reason: Spoke too soon
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Has anyone had success getting the BRG rate even if the stay is within 48 hours?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:28 pm

Not really. That's exactly I am trying to tell you. As I am writing this, I am staying at one of the Radison using an account that is not mine and paying cash for it. This is one of the account that I created and registered for this promo. I was initially going to use my credit card but the manager told me that name of the guest and the name on the credit card should match and the only way to circumvent the system is to pay by cash. I was told by the manager that I will get 50k for this stay.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ngupta
Not really. That's exactly I am trying to tell you. As I am writing this, I am staying at one of the Radison using an account that is not mine and paying cash for it. This is one of the account that I created and registered for this promo. I was initially going to use my credit card but the manager told me that name of the guest and the name on the credit card should match and the only way to circumvent the system is to pay by cash. I was told by the manager that I will get 50k for this stay.

Hope this helps.

Interesting! That's one way to go about it..I didn't even know they took cash and thought you needed to have a credit card on file when you check in to the hotel.

One way you can circumvent the credit card reqd is to book a room with 2 adults and put your name as the 2nd guest and then you'll be able to use your credit card. The person who made the reservation (dummy/family acct) under their carlson club profile would get the 50K points, while you'll be able to use your cc as the 2nd guest and pay for the room.

I'm at the Radisson too right now...on my sister's reservation. (without her being present here)
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I managed to get one more night thanks to an associate. I got him in on the deal and he agreed to split his 2 day stay for me in appreciation. It's a win-win I think. That gives me 3 50K bonus deals. I'm debating if I need to go with 1 more. I'm going to use them in Amsterdam so I think an $82 cheapie here would be worth it.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i got 3 as well including family.
kicking myself as should maybe have gone for another 10..!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i got 3 as well including family.
kicking myself as should maybe have gone for another 10..!
You still have time...50K points is still active. Guess, 50,000 ppl didn't sign up for it yet.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
You still have time...50K points is still active. Guess, 50,000 ppl didn't sign up for it yet.
For some it's not about time. It's about having the ability to get to a hotel to check in. When the Dallas area loophole closed, it put a big damper on some of our earning. For me the nearest Radisson full service is 200 miles away. There isn't even one in Atlanta where my dad lives. My brother lives in NYC but I think the premium for hotels there ($139) makes it a bit less lucrative. The most I could get would be 2 more because I have to rely on others to help, and most people can't or won't.

Now if I could find out that Jacksonville or San Diego would let me do a phantom stay, I'd be all over it. I doubt that will happen so I may have to settle for 3. I wish I could get more, and if I were in Jacksonville, I probably would get 10. The going rate at that hotel is around $55.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: Lotz
deleted

Last edited by tassojunior; Dec 27, 2011 at 9:14 am
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by milesrunner
Yes. The 50K offer was only open for the first 50K members who registered, which happened in about 12 hours. You might still be able to register for 15K bonus.
I registered an account yesterday 12/26 and got the 50K response.

and Phantom stays (telephone check-ins) don't work anymore. Must be physical check-in.

Last edited by tassojunior; Dec 27, 2011 at 9:06 am
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I registered an account yesterday 12/26 and got the 50K response.

and Phantom stays (telephone check-ins) don't work anymore. Must be physical check-in.
I just joined CC today and registered today, as did my father and brother.
We all received the 50K response.
Changing our reservations from Hilton to Radisson.....first stays at a Radisson property.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:41 pm

would doing a one night stay for arrival on December 29, 2011 and departing on December 30, 2011 work for the 50k point bonus?

Thanks

Last edited by metoo; Dec 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.