Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:09 pm
Suspended

So far, I, Billy Baloney, am really liking this promo. I think that Club Carlson is actually trying to capture some of IHG revenue. With IHG's incompetence (in my opinion) in regard to both the customer service, and the ability to have a usable website (in my opinion), Club Carl stands a very good chance at gaining some loyalty here (again, in my opinion).

My immediate problem -

I prefer to go on a "chain" website and search out all possibilities of where to stay in the general area. I am noticing that the Carlson sites do not allow this. In other words - you input the city, and it gives you the hotel in that city. I need the ability to search "within 25 miles" or "within 50 miles" and then sort by lowest price.

Does anyone know if there is a CC website that does this? Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any info, bb
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Club Carlson does have an online directory:
http://poweredby.10best.com/pdf/Carl...sDirectory.pdf
And There is a directory of just Radisson hotels:
http://www.radisson.com/directory
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:19 pm
Suspended

that's great that they put it all in pdf format but not for moi -- do they have it in an online search somewhere? preferably? anyone?

I don't like to read a lot when I'm spending money. I just like to do it.

thanks, bb.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
that's great that they put it all in pdf format but not for moi -- do they have it in an online search somewhere? preferably? anyone?

I don't like to read a lot when I'm spending money. I just like to do it.
You don't have to read a lot. There are only 111 Radissons nationwide, so it's a short read.

You can search by map, though.
http://www.radisson.com/destinations/
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:49 pm
Suspended

it's a hassle, but i guess that is my only choice. thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I figure I'm not the only one deciding between booking a room with cash or a points+cash rate for this promotion, so here is the situation:

I can book the room for $89 cash or for 5,000 points and $55. Accounting for the decrease in points earned, it's about 170 points to a dollar. I think I will value these points at $.005 and book with points+cash.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:10 pm
Suspended

I need to know - does the advance purchase rate count as a qualifying rate? Or does it have to be rack rate?

Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I figure I'm not the only one deciding between booking a room with cash or a points+cash rate for this promotion, so here is the situation:

I can book the room for $89 cash or for 5,000 points and $55. Accounting for the decrease in points earned, it's about 170 points to a dollar. I think I will value these points at $.005 and book with points+cash.
I thought that you had to use a qualifying rate and points + cash would not qualify.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KathinJax
I thought that you had to use a qualifying rate and points + cash would not qualify.
"Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights through the Promotion Period, for which the guest specifically booked a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Program terms and conditions.
Points+cash is eligible for Gold Points... so I assume it qualifies, but I don't have any inside info/confirmation.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Are the terms of this offer/promo posted anywhere? It seems there are some questions about which rates will qualify.

Is there a Carlson Rep. lurking out there somewhere that can answer?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:52 pm
Suspended

The only info that I could find on the promo web page was this:

A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights through the Promotion Period, for which the guest specifically booked a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Program terms and conditions.

And then on the Club Carlson web page I found the following under terms:

Ineligible Room Rates and other exclusions include: employee rates, family and friend rates, airline crew rates, travel agent rates, hotel employee rates, room rates that are billed on a master bill, tour operator rates, wholesaler rates, or rates booked through online travel companies or other third parties in which you pay for that booking directly to such online travel company or third party. Complimentary rooms, including but not limited to rooms booked as Award Night stays, or stays involving other gift certificate or free night vouchers are also excluded.

I would still prefer to know in advance if the advance purchase rate is OK to use. I'm thinking that it is.

Not sure about the $$$ and points, but I'm thinking that may also be fine.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:29 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I need to know - does the advance purchase rate count as a qualifying rate? Or does it have to be rack rate?

Thanks.
According to the Loyalty Traveler Blog, advanced purchase rates qualify. Here is the wording in the blog:

Any rate that earns Gold Points will be eligible for the promotion bonus. This means Advance Purchase, AAA, Senior, package rates (breakfast, parking etc.) and any other rate that normally earns Gold Points qualifies for the promotion bonus. (This is another change from the original promotion wording.)

Carlson Friends & Family rate is not an eligible rate for bonus points since it is not a Gold Points earning rate.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:20 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I posted about Park Inn's offer of Stay One, Get One Nite free offer(15K bonus pts). They have a property not far from the Radisson ORD. Does anybody know if you can stay at 2 different properties same nite and get credit for both?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
Does anybody know if I can still get the 50k points if I choose to earn miles when checked in?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by davidwu
Does anybody know if I can still get the 50k points if I choose to earn miles when checked in?
"The Big Night Giveaway bonus is not applicable if you choose to earn miles for your Radisson Hotel stay. You must choose to earn Gold Points for your hotel stay to earn the promotion bonus."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.