Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:02 pm
Wow

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does a room rate at an airport hotel that includes parking for several days qualify?
Any rate that earns points qualifies. It should say that it does not earn points if it is not a point earning rate. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Well, I'm not so sure that "any" rate will qualify. I found a very attractive rate that said "30% off promo." The key word there was promo. So I'm not going to bite on that one.

Say - on another note - the 50,000 threshold still has not been reached. If I may be so bold as to say to our esteemed Carlson rep....feel free to up the ante! I'm going out on a limb here but I'm guessing that there was not as big of a response as expected...

Feel free at any time to increase the bonus to 75,000 - or heck, 100,000 !!!!!

Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe
Radisson Dallas East - Last minute sale
Friday Nov 11
$55.30 --> 62.49 total with taxes.

Not only Fri, but also Sat.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What's the value of 50k points in airline miles? I'm not so familiar witty their program
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What's the value of 50k points in airline miles? I'm not so familiar witty their program
I remember someone saying you can get 9k miles for 50k club Carlson points
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
I remember someone saying you can get 9k miles for 50k club Carlson points

According to their website 50k CC points can be transfered to 8k miles for a number of FF programs.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by jethro
According to their website 50k CC points can be transfered to 8k miles for a number of FF programs.
http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/redee...emiles/home.do

2,000 points 250 miles
50,000 points 8,000 miles
100,000 points 18,000 miles
Redeem points for airline miles.

Select your airline program below
Enter your frequent flyer number
Enter the quantity of point increments you want to redeem for miles.
Note: Miles may take 4 - 6 weeks to post to your frequent flyer account.

AIRLINE PROGRAM NAME
Aeroméxico® Club Premier®
Air Berlin topbonus
Air Canada® Aeroplan®
Air China PhoenixMiles (new partner)
American Airlines® AAdvantage®
Asiana Bonus Club®
British Airways® Executive Club®
Cathay Pacific® Asia Miles®
Continental® OnePass®
Czech Airlines OK Plus®
Delta Air Lines SkyMiles®
Emirates® Skywards®
Etihad Airways Frequent Flyer
Frontier Airlines® Early Returns®
Gulf Air Gulf Air Frequent Flyer Program®
Icelandair Saga Bonus®
Japan Airlines Mileage Bank®
Jet Airways JetPrivilege (new partner)
KLM/Air France Flying Blue®
Lan Chile Airlines LANPASS®
Lufthansa Miles & More®
SAS Airlines EuroBonus®
SN Brussels Miles & More®
United® Mileage Plus®
US Airways® Dividend Miles®

Terms and Conditions
Miles may take 4-6 weeks to post ot your frequent flyer account.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does a room rate at an airport hotel that includes parking for several days qualify?
Yes, I have earned points when I booked "Park, Stay & Fly" package at YYZ.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:54 am

[QUOTE=BillyBaloney;17435565]Well, I'm not so sure that "any" rate will qualify. I found a very attractive rate that said "30% off promo." The key word there was promo. So I'm not going to bite on that one.

I stayed at the Radisson at Newport Beach, CA last night. It had the Holiday 30% of sale rate. I called Club Carlson this morning and was told I would received 20 points per dollar for my stay not including the tax.

I will see it within 7 - 10 days in my account.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu
Not only Fri, but also Sat.
Doing my mattress run here today. nothing says i shouldn't get the 50K points for this booking.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: US,PC
My friend doing stay for my dad at dallas too so lets see if it posts too or not.

30% last min deal
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:46 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this very informative post. I've just been doing my research also to figure out the value of these points and where in the world I might use them for our family. I don't think I can use the night so I'll need to just find the cheapest room . Anyone know if I can just do an advance purchase rate but not actually check in and still get the points credited for the stay.
Originally Posted by msp2msy
Valuation

Though your question wasn't directed at me, I'll throw out that I picked a valuation of .6CPP.

Here are 5 data points I used:
  • Category 1 (E.g. Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville, TN). 9k/night + $2.50 or $107.74AI/night. 1.2CPP for pure points booking.

As KathinJAX pointed out, a cash+points stay should earn at least 20 points / $ on the cash portion. An online booking bonus may even apply. In this booking, C+P was an option at 5k + $65.65/night. Assuming a 1000CC point bonus for online booking (which is not clear to me yet) and no status, this would net out to $42.09 saved through C+P and a net points cost of 2687 which yields 1.56CPP. Very nice if it works out. Even if you didn't get the 1k online booking bonus, it's still 1.14CPP.
  • Category 3 (E.g. Country Inn & Suites in Green Bay WI on Sat Dec 10 before a Packers home game). 28k points. $191.82AI. .68CPP. My friend is always telling my how expensive a room in Green Bay is the night before a game, especially this year.
  • Category 6 - Top Tier (e.g. Radisson Blu Hotel Cape Town, Std, Award, Tue-Wed mid week with < 30 days notice). 3536ZAR=$443.66AI/night or 50k/night. .88CPP.
  • Club Carlson points convert to airline points at 2000CC:250Airline. If we value an airline mile at $.015, then it's .19CPP. Pretty terrible.
  • Or a more complex example, suppose you participate in the US Air Grand Slam next year where transferring yielded a hit. Suppose that you were in the 20-24 hit range where you received 10,000 extra US Air miles for that bracket. If a single hit got you 2500 US air miles then the ratio (for that one transfer which requires 8k CC) becomes 8000CC1000+2500 bonus). This yields .66CPP.

With the update suggested by KathinJax, the range opens up a bit more to include 1.2, 1.14 (adj for earnings on C+P stay), .68, .88, .19, .66. I originally said .6CPP and I'd stick with it for now but the top side looks better with two awards over 1CPP (though both Category 1 hotels). Suppose you received 56120 CC (see below), then you get a return value of $336.72

A few comments on my approach:
I used this List of Hotels by Category. I didn't specifically deflate the value for the loss of earnings on awards. I didn't compare to surrounding area hotels so if Club Carlson hotels compared to peers are significantly more expensive, then the fair-market CPP will be lower. I only picked one date for each example and varied it (e.g. a weekend in March for the tier 1, a game weekend for tier 3, and a business day for tier 6). Obviously it's not enough data but I felt comfortable that the spread between what I was paying for the points and what I would ultimately receive was very good for us. I'm also not factoring in lost points left over when you can't bring your account to 0.

What's the cost of the points?
Let's say that you can't actually use the room so it has no intrinsic value. In my case, a $106 room should yield:
50k - Bonus.
2k - First stay bonus.
2k - Online booking bonus
2120 - 20 pts / $.
=56120 Club Carlson points.

$106/56120 = .19CPM. The CPM will rise quickly as you add dollars.

Summary
If you can use the room, that's really great. In my case, we're actually sending my sister and sister-in-law out to get a room. My sister, a single-mom, will love a night away at a nice hotel with a pool for my niece to play in. My SIL & partner may really enjoy a night away from their kids. They'll let me use the points they eventually earn.

Even throwing away the intrinsic value of the night itself (something that pains me but I just don't see us using them ourselves since we're pretty booked up), I'm still getting points that are worth ~.6CPP for .19CPP.

I'm excited... After planning two big BA trips without much regard to lodging, I've come to realize that I've not been focusing on earning hotel points sufficiently nor targeting locations where I can use the points I have. And who knows, Carlson hotels may pick up some real mindshare and not just for awards. I like some aspects of what I've learned about their program so far.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I checked in at the Dallas Radisson for 55 last night.
That place is minutes away from turning into a Clarion.

I didnt even steal the toiletries. (I have not bought soap in 21 months)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:55 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
You are hilarious! Thanks for making me smile!I always take the toiletries too!!!
I have never done mattress runs but I think this deal is sweet enough for me to do it. 50,000 points can really stretch out in Category 1-9,000 night x5 nights & 2 -15,000 night x 3 nights . Category 3 - about 2 nights. Category 2 & 3 have some awesome worldwide. Examples Cat. 2: Cairo, Berlin, Prague, St. Petersburg-Russia, etc
I have registered myself & hubby so there is 100,000 points for 2 nights. Now I need to find the cheapest hotels closest to us. I believe the closest is 30 minutes away. I could drive down check in and then just drive home. I would have to do this twice, once for me and once for hubby's account.

Then I would have 100,000 points which I would probably redeem for: 3 nights in Belfast, Ireland on our next European vacation.

Originally Posted by stallion114
I checked in at the Dallas Radisson for 55 last night.
That place is minutes away from turning into a Clarion.

I didnt even steal the toiletries. (I have not bought soap in 21 months)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
participating Radissons

I just spoke with someone in reservations, who had to ask with her supervisor, and she said:

"there is ONLY one participating hotel - the Radisson Blu in Chicago".

This seems really silly...
But good to know that it wouldnt work together with Hotels.com, I was thinking about getting the free night they were offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.