London on points - Family of 5

Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HGP, HHonors, Marriott
London on points - Family of 5

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advise. Planning to visit London over the summer with family (three kids 12, 8 and 3). Have about 630k CC points and i'd like to use them.

There seem to be a few options for family rooms that handle a family of four (King bed and Sofa bed). Frankly the little one often sleeps with us at home on the King bed so it's not a problem for me but I don't want to have any issues at check in.

Plaza on the River has two bed room apartments that handle 6(?) but they're not available on points as far as I can tell. The rooms are biggest here .. family room for four is like 60 meters but not clear if that is at the cost of location. This will be our first visit so appreciate any advise..I expect we will want to do the standard touristy stuff.

Thanks.
TB
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
London hotels are not typically very big, nor are they typically very strict with maximum occupancy, especially if you've already booked a large family room.

Have you considered booking 2 inter-connected rooms?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HGP, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by craigthemif
London hotels are not typically very big, nor are they typically very strict with maximum occupancy, especially if you've already booked a large family room.

Have you considered booking 2 inter-connected rooms?
Thanks, I thought about it ... it would be 70kx2 per night. Seemed a little wasteful given that family rooms go for 87.5 or 105k. Still we are 5 so may not have a choice....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.