Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In room welcome gift

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:25 am

Park Inn - Lully (Switzerland)

Park Inn - Lully (Switzerland), my home away from home lately, leaves me a nice handwritten note, some fresh fruit, and a bottle of water.

The first time the note was in German which was pretty good since they took the time to look at where I was coming from. Every time after that, it was in English when they met me and realized I was a native English speaker. That's some attention to detail. Amazing staff.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Everest
Edinburgh (as silver): Bottles of still + sparkling water and sweets+snacks
Portman, London (gold): Nothing
Milan (gold): Nothing
Park Inn Düsseldorf Süd (gold): Nothing

Not sure why?
Considering they didn't even know themselves who got which benefits I'm not surprised it can be a hit or miss affair. However I now see they've updated the welcome gift benefit on the CC site to include Gold members as well. In Europe it's only supposed to be given at Radisson properties although I have been given it in a Park Inn before.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Considering they didn't even know themselves who got which benefits I'm not surprised it can be a hit or miss affair. However I now see they've updated the welcome gift benefit on the CC site to include Gold members as well. In Europe it's only supposed to be given at Radisson properties although I have been given it in a Park Inn before.
Park Inn Gardermoen Oslo did give me water and fruit aswell.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Park Inn Belfast always give me a chocolate bar, dressing gown and water

Radisson Blu Cardiff lasy weekend gave me a fruit platter (2 strawberries. a green apple, a red apple a plum, a pear, 2 chocolate flakes, a jar of nuts and a baked meringue) and two bottles of water!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
Originally Posted by hard2please
The brochure from Club Carlson clearly states in room welcome gift as a benefit for Gold and above, so I do expect it. At the Radisson Blu Warsaw a few months ago, there was no welcome gift and when I asked at the front desk and showed them the page, they just shrugged. (There were many little problems at that hotel, the sullen service being one of them)

At our recent stay in China at the Radisson Blu Shanghai New World, again no welcome gift. When I asked at the desk, after much discussion in Chinese, they reluctantly said they would send up a fruit plate. Any other possibilities? No, just a fruit plate. Although I was rather tired of fruit plates by my last day in China, I took it anyway. (Looked nice, mostly unripe or strange-tasting...)
just booked into Radisson Blu Shanghai and received a fancy enamel painted paper knife (I think) as well as water. All as a lowly silver, although I am booked in for twelve nights....
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:29 pm

Radisson Cincinnati (Covington, KY) - Welcome Gift

At Radisson Cincinnati, I've got diddly squat at the check-in as Club Carlson Gold (matched from HHonors Diamond); then, on the second day of the stay I called the front desk to ask what the welcome gift is. Apparently, the gift is free breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

The clerk apologized for not the check-in staff's not offering the welcome gift, and offered the breakfast coupons for the remaining two days of my stay, and when prompted about whether they can do anything else, additional drink coupons for the in-house restaurant (to which I said no) and then a free item from the hotel's pantry; and promised delivery of the breakfast coupons to my room.

Still waiting 15 minutes later.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Radisson Blu Hotel Birmingham, UK

A chocolate board with strawberries along with a nice handwritten message.

I arrived there on a very snowy day. The welcome message mentioned the weather and thanked me for coming over to the hotel on such a day. I was quite happy with the message and left it with my stuff on the desk.

Even though the message was with my personal items, housekeeping was bothered to take it from there and binned it, which was unbelievable!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:38 am

I always tease my wife and say "oh look, they left little sticks of butter on our pillows" (pointing at the small chocolate bars left during turndown service)
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson LAX (Award stay using free night benefit)

Welcome letter, premium sparkling water from new zealand, a plate with brownie, fruit and blueberries.

Executive floor upgrade - I think that a bathrobe, slippers, and a speaker docking station alarm clock are nicer.

Asked about breakfast, Received one voucher for one coffee and pastry at breakfast bar. Odd thing is that when I stated that we were two in party, she mentioned only the member gets benefit...odd..inconsistent...but I took it.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Park Inn Budapest (HU)

Welcome letter, light sparkling water and a generous plate with diverent fruit and berries.

as a concierge member get also offered free breakfast for 2 persons (asking during check inn).

upgrade to huge business corner room with about 35 sqm

Last edited by schauschun; Aug 21, 2013 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Radisson Blu Hotel, Wroclaw (PL)

Welcome letter, bottle of local mineral water and a generous plate with diverent fruits.

as a concierge member get also offered free breakfast for 2 persons (without asking).

as the hotel was fully booked got upgrade to accessible room with giant bathroom.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:52 pm

Small fruit platter at Radisson Blu in Dublin. Box of chocolates at the May Fair in London.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Edinburgh Radisson Blu

Lovely hand written note which was nice and witty alongside a plate with a Tunnocks Tea Cake, 2 shortbread and snowball. What was really nice is that, I'd booked 3 rooms as I was with my family, they'd included the welcome gift for all the rooms I'd booked.

Think I might be switching over from SPG given how nice this was.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LastCalltoNowhere
Lovely hand written note which was nice and witty alongside a plate with a Tunnocks Tea Cake, 2 shortbread and snowball. What was really nice is that, I'd booked 3 rooms as I was with my family, they'd included the welcome gift for all the rooms I'd booked.

Think I might be switching over from SPG given how nice this was.
I hope the handwritten message was not binned by housekeeping...

Well, I have been Concierge since the programme changed sometime ago, I do not see anything superior to SPG. Status recognition (or programme itself) is inconsistent, *many* staff members have still not yet understood membership benefits... In particular, it's become more useless since the massive devaluation of points conversion. As an ex-Platinum, I can say that SPG is a solid loyalty programme IMHO.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Radisson Blu Champs Elysees - Paris

3 (small) macarons...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.