Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lyssa
Here's a strange situation, my husband was in Berlin for a conference and stayed at the Park Plaza Kudamm. He booked a night under his name and a night under my name, with himself as the extra guest, so that we could both get credit towards a stay for the Free Friday Nights. We are both gold members.

So, his night was first. He told the front desk that he had a different reservation for the second night and they said he could stay in the same room. At checkout they charged him an extra 10 Euros for an upgrade the second night! Apparently, he was upgraded the first night but not the second? Although he was in the same room?

He just paid the 10 Euros, and it's not a big deal, but I just thought it was really crazy. How can they say, yes you can stay in the room, but not say it's an extra charge? I also can't figure out how he qualified for an upgrade and I didn't, as we are both Gold and I actually have a lot more stays/points then he does.

So, just something I found strange. Has this happened to anyone else?
If only he were a gold member it might make sense for you to pay for the upgrade on the second night, when the room was in your name. But since you were both gold members it doesn't make sense. Yes, it's only 10 Euros, but why not inquire with the hotel at check-out? In the time it took to write this post you'd have the answer and potentially 10 Euros.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
If only he were a gold member it might make sense for you to pay for the upgrade on the second night, when the room was in your name. But since you were both gold members it doesn't make sense. Yes, it's only 10 Euros, but why not inquire with the hotel at check-out? In the time it took to write this post you'd have the answer and potentially 10 Euros.
I didn't enquire at the hotel because I wasn't there. Just my husband was going to the conference. We switched accounts so we could both credit a stay for the Free Friday Nights promo.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum
Anyone have any upgrades experience at the Radisson Dusseldorf Scandinavia? Staying there for the upcoming bank holiday weekend and have gold status through Amex Plat.

Is it normal to ask for the upgrade at check-in or should it be automatic? (Bit new to this sort of thing)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by fireanwater1
Anyone have any upgrades experience at the Radisson Dusseldorf Scandinavia? Staying there for the upcoming bank holiday weekend and have gold status through Amex Plat.

Is it normal to ask for the upgrade at check-in or should it be automatic? (Bit new to this sort of thing)
I got an upgrade to a business class room, including the breakfast, plus a drink voucher for the bar. Think I emailed before because I wasn't gold when I booked but was when I stayed and they replied to say I'd get an upgrade if available.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by aliasmaidens
I got an upgrade to a business class room, including the breakfast, plus a drink voucher for the bar. Think I emailed before because I wasn't gold when I booked but was when I stayed and they replied to say I'd get an upgrade if available.
Thanks that's helpful - hope I can get the same.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by aliasmaidens
I also got an upgrade to a lovely Business Room, with the drinks voucher. Asked about breakfast but not included sadly. Can’t complain too much I suppose
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Staying there this weekend, I got upgraded 12 out of 15 visits to a business class room. Even back at gold level I got upgraded

The free bar voucher comes and goes, sometimes, haven't seen it recently. It has was common last year but not in 2019

Breakfast is always paid I'm afraid, but if the lovely guy is on the breakfast counter knows you, you get waved through.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Radisson Blu Olump - Tallinn

no recognition of Gold and no upgrade or benefits either

I like some Radisson properties, this was not one of them
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
That's weird, I had upgrade and all the perks at Olumpia (and generally like the property).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I must have been due to the 6 giant tour buses and the various groups blocking access to the reception and elevators, was not a pleasant stay in Tallinn
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Staying there this weekend, I got upgraded 12 out of 15 visits to a business class room. Even back at gold level I got upgraded

The free bar voucher comes and goes, sometimes, haven't seen it recently. It has was common last year but not in 2019

Breakfast is always paid I'm afraid, but if the lovely guy is on the breakfast counter knows you, you get waved through.
Got a standard room (6th floor) this time, seems to be some rebranding going on 'business class' rooms are no more,

No free beer either but at least at check in the free breakfast as confirmed, not that it mattered as the usual cheerful guy was on the breakfast desk and waved me through without checking anything.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Park Plaza Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand

I checked in today for two nights - my first stay at a Radisson for over 15 months since I fell from Concierge to Gold. I was delighted to be upgraded to a corner suite (their highest room category) and get a free drinks voucher as well.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Good day. Any word on breakfast for a gold in Baku, Azerbaijan?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Radisson Blu Scandinavia hotel, Copenhagen

Last minute booking as Gold (1 pax) - January 30% off rate. Upgraded at check-in to business room, including a free breakfast ^
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:52 pm

What's the upgrade policy for third party bookings? I know I won't get points but will I still receive an upgrade as a gold member upon arrival?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.