Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Originally Posted by thc
Anyone ever get any upgrades at The May Fair London? I would imagine they're pretty stingy, but am wondering if anyone here has ever experienced any generosity from them.

I'm also a Carlson Gold Member
Was there during fashion week. Asked for an upgrade as gold elite but told I would have to pay as the hotel is almost full...
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by micke100
Booked a half points stay. Upgraded to junior suite incl. breakfast.

Very happy with the stay.
how do you book a 1/2 point stay?

thanks,
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by bmw303
how do you book a 1/2 point stay?

thanks,
Club Carlson had a promotion in Europe that only required half the points for a weekend stay. I believe that the promotion has ended unfortunately.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by micke100
Club Carlson had a promotion in Europe that only required half the points for a weekend stay. I believe that the promotion has ended unfortunately.
When was this promotion? Of some reason I do not get any promos from CC even though I subscribe to them
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
I believe it ended in the beginning of Dec.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:17 pm

Palais Vienna

Upgraded to royal club room. But half the hotel is of this kind and it is totally worn, small and simple old.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by charder
Upgraded to royal club room. But half the hotel is of this kind and it is totally worn, small and simple old.
Really? I got upgraded to one of those rooms this past summer (on a free night award). It was quite roomy with very high ceilings and massive windows. The decor was very "Vienna Imperial", but definitely not worn. It was rather nice.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:55 am

I have a room on 8th floor and it is small, worn and very loud (from outside and the neighbors) and poor duvet/cover and bathroom. I will check out early in order to leave this place. The whole hotel is pretty old and worn and never ever 5 star. The ceilings are as low as the corrdior on 8th floor, so you can imagine it.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: US,PC
Upgraded to suite with jacuzzi at Radisson Branson,MO
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:56 am

Parkinn Berlin Alexanderplatz

Upgraded as wished to top floor corner room
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:47 pm

Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin. 2for1 fare, upgraded to suite - upgrade was confirmed couple of days before the stay by reservations at the hotel.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
Stayed at the Radisson Blu Tallinn recently. Had booked a standard room without breakfast , but was upgraded to a business class room including breakfast. A fruitbasket and a welcome note was also provided. Appreciated the Nespresso machine in the room.
This , as a newly minted Gold Elite due to a status match from SAS Gold, so I canīt complain!
Was in the same hotel and got upgraded to corner 2-room suite
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:26 pm

Park Inn Bratislava - refused upgrade over the phone, "you would only recieve the best available room in the same category - we do not upgrade Gold"

Park Inn Vienna - "no problem"
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by vitrysk_kille
Park Inn Bratislava - refused upgrade over the phone, "you would only recieve the best available room in the same category - we do not upgrade Gold"
Park Inn Vienna - "no problem"
Stayed there in November (right after staying at the Park Inn Prague in a very large suite on a Weekend Extender rate totalling less than 1500 CZK for the two nights) and I didn't even get a welcome gift. Not even bottled water. They did put me on the top floor though .
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: SQ
Radisson Blu Tromso upgraded me twice, once on F+F to a corner business class room with probably the best view in the city, then on 2-1 weekend stay to the business class room right next to it.

This hotel would be an extremely bad deal if one isn't getting the beautiful view, but in the end it turned out to be a great deal thanks to CC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.